Star Wars Weekends 2007

Agent

Original Poster
Well now that we know that there will be Star Wars Weekends this year, does anyone know who is expected to make an appearance?

mkepcotmgmak - any chance your counterpart ;) will be working the weekend of June 8th? I tried to stop by and say hey to him last year, but the line was too long.

Captain Chaos

Well now that we know that there will be Star Wars Weekends this year, does anyone know who is expected to make an appearance?

mkepcotmgmak - any chance your counterpart ;) will be working the weekend of June 8th? I tried to stop by and say hey to him last year, but the line was too long.

Yes.. Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C3PO... I hear storm troopers, ewoks, and a few other jedi will appear...

mkepcotmgmak

Hi!
There is a good chance that you might get to see Chewie :zipit: at Star Wars Weekends 2007... as far as an official VIP List - I haven't heard anything. I would expect Jake Lloyd, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, and a few others whose names escape me.

As soon as I find out official information, i will let you know - but it usually gets posted on the boards before it makes it to me in Texas. haha.

weluvtink

We are so excited. We're not telling our son(8) until we get there about the weekend. I just called today for the Fantasmic dinner package for the 1st. Mama Melrose's was already sold out for the package on June 2. :sohappy:

Agent

Original Poster
I'm sure it's posted on here somewhere, but what are the dates this year?
Actually, I haven't seen it posted here (that is why I started the thread). According to the Star Wars website, the dates are:

"Event dates are June 1-3, 8-10, 15-17 and 22-24." You can learn a little more about it (and I do a little) by going to the following site (hope I can post a link to it, if not, will the moderators either cut the link or let me know and I will edit it accordingly):

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/news20070212.html

The site usually adds a list of attendees closer to the event, but I usually hear about them first from this site.

Agent

Original Poster
We are so excited. We're not telling our son(8) until we get there about the weekend. I just called today for the Fantasmic dinner package for the 1st. Mama Melrose's was already sold out for the package on June 2. :sohappy:

Your son will have a blast. I did that with my son a few years ago (he was 9 at the time), and he loved it. Don't forget the end of the night dance. At first I thought it was just some dance troupe that was passing through (I think it was the "Jamminators," but I could be wrong), but then realized that they were getting onto the stage set up for Jedi Training. They grabbed a bunch of characters and used sound effects from the movies to make a "line dance" Star Wars-style. It sounds hokie, but it was pretty funny, and, more importantly, the kids loved it (to the point that we were standing next to Luke and Leia and my son was ignoring them so that he could dance).

Enjoy your weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom