Star Wars Virtual Reality Experiences coming?

Captain Chaos

Found this article from the Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/be...-reality-experiences-802109?facebook_20150612

It says that ILM is working on making a Virtual Star Wars world and it may lead to theme park experiences. Marvel and Pixar are also being mentioned. This would be as great update for Disney Quest.
That would be great but it is rumored that DisneyQuest is becoming NBA Experience so that kind of rules that out.. if 74 is right about that...

NowInc

Microsoft just announced virtual reality for xbox. Could this be what they are talking about? Maybe Disney is working on creating video games for the xbox platform using the virtual reality tech.

Actually it was Oculus Rift (a separate company) that is teaming up with Microsoft, but they are also a Computer based operation. (Sony is also working on their own version).

The ILM project is a proof of concept at the moment. In order for this to work on a theme park level would simply not be practical as the hardware for this is still too pricey (and also would require some serious between user maintenance as these things are strapped to ones head).

Captain Chaos

Actually it was Oculus Rift (a separate company) that is teaming up with Microsoft, but they are also a Computer based operation. (Sony is also working on their own version).

The ILM project is a proof of concept at the moment. In order for this to work on a theme park level would simply not be practical as the hardware for this is still too pricey (and also would require some serious between user maintenance as these things are strapped to ones head).
Oculus Rift, that's it... I'd really be interested in the tech for a home based video game putting you right in the Star Wars universe via virtual reality. I wouldn't ever leave home. I'd become this guy:

Screenshot_2015-03-17-10-57-12-640x360.png

NiarrNDisney

That would be great but it is rumored that DisneyQuest is becoming NBA Experience so that kind of rules that out.. if 74 is right about that...

Well if this happens I hope they save the Buzz Lightyear bumper cars and maybe add them somewhere in PIXAR Place. Though they would probably have to make a larger arena and fleet of cars for full fledge attraction.

bhg469

Oh...so ...many...jokes.....

Not even with that stellar service level will anything eclipse the awesomeness of Star Wars Land... (not the name BTW)

*1023*
Neither is Harry potter land.. guests today can't wrap their heads around a title anyway. "Frozen land" coming soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom