Star Wars: Rogue One

SosoDude

To me, this movie looks more promising the TFA. The trailers for Rogue "feel" more like the original trilogy than TFA did in its trailers. And thought TFA trailers were outstanding in getting the point across that Disney isn't making " more prequel style/quality" films. One thing that I think this movie has that TFA was missing is the total "bad motor scooter" bad guy, Darth Vader. Not to offend any Kylo fan boys, but Kylo was no Vader. You watch this trailer and see Darth Vader and you KNOW the good guys are in deep poo-poo. That may be the one thing that TFA lacked for me. I was never able to put my finger on it, until I watched this trailer.
Sorry to kind of turn this into a Rogue vs. Awakens internal struggle monologue. I'll just say I am excited for this movie.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nope I was up way to long getting tickets for a couple different nights.
I got mine pretty quick.

I was expecting all of the ticket sites to crash so I had multiple options open on my browser. As expected, Fandango went down almost instantly. AMC allowed me to put my tickets in the cart, but crashed when it came time to select seats. Cinemark was slow, but I was able to get all the way through with 4 seats in the center of the next to the last row.

I was toes up in bed by about 12:15.

Jahona

I got mine pretty quick.

I was expecting all of the ticket sites to crash so I had multiple options open on my browser. As expected, Fandango went down almost instantly. AMC allowed me to put my tickets in the cart, but crashed when it came time to select seats. Cinemark was slow, but I was able to get all the way through with 4 seats in the center of the next to the last row.

I was toes up in bed by about 12:15.

Cinemark worked for me as well. The other set of tickets I got through the Alamo Drafthouse and they set up a que system on their website. I was number 6452 at 12:02. It ended up being a decent way to keep the site from being unintentionally DDOSed like like last year when Episode 7 tickets went online.

tk924

Got reserved seats (back row, centered) in the Real 3D theater at my local Cinemark.
My plan is to also watch it at IMAX as well later in the month (just like we did last year for VII). ;)

WhatJaneSays

I'm going 2D at the 11 pm Disney Springs AMC show. (I've learned the hard way to always do 2D first to judge if I can manage the 3D version.)

champdisney

Don't know if it's been mentioned by anyone else but who else believes that the first official teaser trailer for Episode 8 will be attached to Rogue One? I tend to believe that being that Disney dropped TFA's trailer a whole year before it's release. Can't wait for the title reveal!

The hype is real...

erasure fan1

Don't know if it's been mentioned by anyone else but who else believes that the first official teaser trailer for Episode 8 will be attached to Rogue One? I tend to believe that being that Disney dropped TFA's trailer a whole year before it's release. Can't wait for the title reveal!

The hype is real...
I'm not sure, I wonder if Disney would want to take away from rogue one by doing that. I would think the teaser gets released sometime soon, maybe super bowl, and the full trailer with Beauty and the Beast in March. Of course if they are worried at all about how rogue one will perform they might do it. But ticket pre-sales look very strong so I don't think they are worried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom