Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

Oh, I did a google search before posting and it said it broke a few months after opening.

I (thought) I remembered it broke soon after opening.

Stupid Google.

So based on your memory, (according to Google) Everest opened April 2006, so depending on the month you visited could give us a better idea.
I don’t recall specifically when I visited, just that it was during that promotion and according to my search the Year of a Million Dreams ran from October 2006 to December 2008. Also that ride was my only ride with a working yeti.

gerarar

Premium Member
How long did the cannons work before they got turned off?
I don't think the canons made it out of the summer of 2020.
A-mode (all 3 cannons moving) was last seen around December 2020.
A-mode Lite (just first cannon moving) was last seen January 2022.

I had a trip during Christmas 2021 week and was personally able to record one of the last few times the first cannon ever moved. Track-B was beautiful during this period because you get stopped in front of that first cannon as you turned the corner as shown below.

And just for comparison, over at DL A-mode was last seen around mid-2021 and B-mode permanently since March 2022 when park ops pulled the plug on the first cannon left.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t recall specifically when I visited, just that it was during that promotion and according to my search the Year of a Million Dreams ran from October 2006 to December 2008. Also that ride was my only ride with a working yeti.
Alpha Yeti was pretty freaking cool…it made what is now a meh steel coaster into a really good WDI concept - at that time

SamusAranX

I went today. Bridge kylo broken, and even the tunnel screen Kylo’s lightsaber didn’t light up (!)

It’s really becoming a trend for me more and more to experience breakdowns. I’m currently stuck on slinky dog dash ironically. They’re about to evacuate us. Disney needs to stop penny pinching. It’s laughable.

tissandtully

I went today. Bridge kylo broken, and even the tunnel screen Kylo’s lightsaber didn’t light up (!)

It’s really becoming a trend for me more and more to experience breakdowns. I’m currently stuck on slinky dog dash ironically. They’re about to evacuate us. Disney needs to stop penny pinching. It’s laughable.
Wow that’s a run of bad luck, go to GR and get some pity LL passes

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's lost its draw for my wife and I as it lacks repeatability. Looking for what's not working is the only draw. It at least lasted a few years since opening which is better than the Smugglers button slapping expedition. SDD, Midway Mania, and MRR have that repeatability factor that's missing from splashed concrete land.

tissandtully

It's lost its draw for my wife and I as it lacks repeatability. Looking for what's not working is the only draw. It at least lasted a few years since opening which is better than the Smugglers button slapping expedition. SDD, Midway Mania, and MRR have that repeatability factor that's missing from splashed concrete land.
Smugglers Run still works fine, we do it all the time

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

But you’re there, aren’t you? 😎

Wow that’s a run of bad luck, go to GR and get some pity LL passes
So he can get stuck on something else again? 🫣

Last edited:

RSD Part Deux

For fairness, I should have mentioned I rode the ride just before park closing with about 5 minutes to go. I’m sure that factors into broken effects.

Purduevian

Be that as it may, RotR was and still in many ways supposed to be WDW’s signature, cutting edge attraction….so for them to neglect as they have really just shows how cheap they’re become

Is it kind of sad to anyone else they haven't made a new signature, cutting edge attraction in 4 years, with at minimum another 3 years until they get one (Tiana's is not going to be it). I mean they only went 2.5 years between FOP and ROTR

Bocabear

Is it kind of sad to anyone else they haven't made a new signature, cutting edge attraction in 4 years, with at minimum another 3 years until they get one (Tiana's is not going to be it). I mean they only went 2.5 years between FOP and ROTR
yeah....but that was a sort of unprecedented growth spurt... We have not seen those amounts of additions in literally ...well, ever... I don't see them now adding lands and attractions every 2.5 years... especially when it takes them 4 years to build one... and there is literally nothing in the hopper now aside from finishing stuff they started years ago...sadly...

UNCgolf

Was FOP really cutting edge?

It's a good attraction, but I don't think it's really doing anything new. It's the best version of a simulator attraction, but I don't think it's significantly different from Soarin' on a base level (I'm not saying the actual on-ride experience is the same as Soarin').

Purduevian

It's a good attraction, but I don't think it's really doing anything new. It's the best version of a simulator attraction, but I don't think it's significantly different from Soarin' on a base level (I'm not saying the actual on-ride experience is the same as Soarin').
I think before ROTR, that FOP was the #1 "must see" attraction at WDW. Before FOP maybe it was Everest or TOT?

Rich Brownn

Well, having part of the building itself move up and down is pretty unique

duncedoof

How tricky are those cannons to operate, I wonder? What changed from opening day? Was there an unreported near-fatal incident with them at some point that has been NDA'd to the skies? Did they turn the ride back on after lockdowns and they just didn't work anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom