Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

peter11435

Debatable.

While I certainly see the point (riding in B, C or D mode is better than not riding at all) there is a point that it’s no longer the attraction but a weird version of itself.
Like I said. Sometimes. It’s situational.

But let’s say something like hopper is broken at ITBAB. If you know you can’t fix him today due to time, parts, or personnel.. do you just keep it closed for the day and nobody gets to see any of it or do you open it and give people as much as you can.

CM.X777

Rise is in such a pathetic shape now. Motion bases for the ITS have been turned off, the guns haven't been functional in over 2 years, the ride vehicles looked trashed, and general throughout the whole queue props have been trashed and graffitied. Yet they still charge $25 for ILL, with none of that money going towards maintenance.

adam.adbe

Rise is in such a pathetic shape now. Motion bases for the ITS have been turned off, the guns haven't been functional in over 2 years, the ride vehicles looked trashed, and general throughout the whole queue props have been trashed and graffitied. Yet they still charge $25 for ILL, with none of that money going towards maintenance.
Once they close the ride for maintenance, all those beautiful $25 ILLs just dry up for a season.

Marc Davis Fan

I think Disney continues operating RotR under such poor conditions because they've determined that - because it's a central reason people are visiting the park - guest satisfaction would be lower if people couldn't ride it at all. Sooo... as @marni1971 said, the underlying issue is lack of attractions (e.g., it wouldn't be that big of a deal if it were down at Disneyland).

But they might not be taking into serious-enough consideration the consequences of first-timers riding it in poor conditions and then reporting back to friends/family "it wasn't that great, not worth booking a trip over..." That happen to a friend of mine, who went on it first the first time when it was operating poorly, and reported back to me "I don't see the big deal, it was okay..."

Also, excuse me if I missed this conversation, but... does anyone know why the ITS motion bases are shut off, and whether they'll be fixed? That's a huge loss, as I'm sure it makes the "flight" totally unrealistic/cheesy.

gerarar

Premium Member
I think Disney continues operating RotR under such poor conditions because they've determined that - because it's a central reason people are visiting the park - guest satisfaction would be lower if people couldn't ride it at all. Sooo... as @marni1971 said, the underlying issue is lack of attractions (e.g., it wouldn't be that big of a deal if it were down at Disneyland).

But they might not be taking into serious-enough consideration the consequences of first-timers riding it in poor conditions and then reporting back to friends/family "it wasn't that great, not worth booking a trip over..." That happen to a friend of mine, who went on it first the first time when it was operating poorly, and reported back to me "I don't see the big deal, it was okay..."

Also, excuse me if I missed this conversation, but... does anyone know why the ITS motion bases are shut off, and whether they'll be fixed? That's a huge loss, as I'm sure it makes the "flight" totally unrealistic/cheesy.
I was there earlier this month and the ITS bases were moving/jolting around.

sedati

Rode five times over four days last month and the only effects not working were the cannons pivoting on the AT-AT and the canon recoil in the armory. I was actually surprised at how much movement there was on the pre show craft as I’d only seen videos.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

I rode RotR yesterday.

Everything was working perfectly except cannons.
I rode 4x yesterday. In addition the cannons not working (which I assume will be like the Yeti and be like that forever), the Kylo AA on the bridge was not moving at all and the light saber cutting through the ceiling wasn't working on the path that ends up looking straight on to the AT-AT. The other path it worked fine.

cjkeating

I have a friend at WDW and he messaged me to say he rode ROTR twice yesterday with the following not working...
BB8 in the briefing room
Guns on AT-AT
Finn AA
Kylo bridge AA
Lightsaber through ceiling
Canons (obviously)
Kylo finale AA

This is actually similar to rides I had in August except... BB8 and lightsaber worked but Hux AA was also broken.

Animaniac93-98

I have a friend at WDW and he messaged me to say he rode ROTR twice yesterday with the following not working...
BB8 in the briefing room
Guns on AT-AT
Finn AA
Kylo bridge AA
Canons (obviously)
Kylo finale AA

This is actually similar to rides I had in August except... BB8 and lightsaber worked but Hux AA was also broken.

I went on it twice in the same day last week and inbetween the first and second rides the Kyloe bridge AA stopped working.

The others effects not working were mostly the same mentioned here. AT-AT guns, Kylo's lightsaber, canons and one of the windows in the cannon room seemed to be down too? not sure of the last one.

GenerationX

I rode twice when I was in town for the Gartner conference. I don't remember any cannons on either ride, so I assume that is a feature that was missing. BB8, the Rey projection, and the Kylo AAs were all active.

I had ZERO spoilers going in, as I avoided any thread/article/discussion about the attraction. Those first steps onto the main ship made for an absolutely incredible experience. I hadn't felt that awed by an attraction since I first rode ToT twenty-two years ago.

Disstevefan1

BB8 in the briefing room
Guns on AT-AT
Finn AA
Kylo bridge AA
Canons (obviously)
Kylo finale AA

I have never done this attraction and it looks like I will never see it in full operation.

DisneyCane

I rode twice when I was in town for the Gartner conference. I don't remember any cannons on either ride, so I assume that is a feature that was missing. BB8, the Rey projection, and the Kylo AAs were all active.

I had ZERO spoilers going in, as I avoided any thread/article/discussion about the attraction. Those first steps onto the main ship made for an absolutely incredible experience. I hadn't felt that awed by an attraction since I first rode ToT twenty-two years ago.
I'm really glad I didn't have spoilers before my first time either. Not having the "turntable" effect of the transporter ruined made for a great first experience.

mattpeto

I don't feel like sharing my personal video to the masses (since it's meant for my family's POV), but I really feel most of the effects were working as of last mid-December. I'd be happy to share with somebody that wants to inspect. Drop me an PM.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't feel like sharing my personal video to the masses (since it's meant for my family's POV), but I really feel most of the effects were working as of last mid-December. I'd be happy to share with somebody that wants to inspect. Drop me an PM.
I was there mid-December, too, and all FX (except canons) were working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom