News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

That pipe contraption at the 6:00 mark that they've been working on for several weeks sure is odd. I wonder what it will become?

Let me know what you think of this, gang... According to Micechat the river will be filled with water in May and Tom Sawyer Island will reopen in early June. As we get closer to that, shouldn't we start a separate Rivers of America thread in anticipation of all the new views and features we'll be seeing this summer on and around the Rivers of America?

That will keep this thread focused solely on Star Wars construction. Probably almost time for that new thread, right?

jerryp49

Fallen tree or tree limbs , first speculated by OneDream on Micechat :

CA_Grizly_River_Run.jpg

britain

Think we can thank Harry Potter for that?

I gladly will, though I can appreciate the "Kept neat outside / Ghosts inside" philosophy that guided Walt's vision for Disneyland. I can readily admit that this hyper-themed experience that included artificial dilapidation started cooking at DLP, really heated up at AK, and now is all the rage... this is not what Walt would have wanted.

But I like it. Besides, he was trying to convince the public that an amusement park could be clean and well-taken care of. He was fighting a different perception battle back then than I imagine he be would today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I can readily admit that this hyper-themed experience that included artificial dilapidation started cooking at DLP, really heated up at AK, and now is all the rage... this is not what Walt would have wanted.

It actually started with Big Thunder in 1979.

dweezil78

I can readily admit that this hyper-themed experience that included artificial dilapidation started cooking at DLP, really heated up at AK, and now is all the rage... this is not what Walt would have wanted.

What Walt wanted is all relative to when Walt was alive. Had Walt been immortal (or even lived just another 10-15 years), surely he would have changed with the times and evolved his park to incorporate new ideas and leverage advances in theming in the same way he embraced new technologies. To think that Walt would have been stubborn and never allowed his initial design blueprint to change is crazy when you look at how much the man was constantly changing and pushing things forward across his entire business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom