Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mickey5150

He's just being a realist. Would you rather have your hopes dashed before they soar out of control or have them dashed when the reality of what is to come does not mesh with your fantasy?
Honestly I'd rather have my hopes soar as long as possible. What's the point of getting kicked in the gut rather then dreaming something wonderful?

AEfx

Honestly I'd rather have my hopes soar as long as possible. What's the point of getting kicked in the gut rather then dreaming something wonderful?

Different life philosophies, I guess.

Some people prefer to know the truth as soon as possible, so they have realistic expectations and can enjoy the final product on it's own merits. We'd rather get "kicked in the gut" early on than have delusions about what is going to be the end result than get kicked in the gut at that point and all that time and "hoping" being for nothing.

raymusiccity

Hey, I'm right there with ya bud!:cool:

image.jpg

Capsin4

WWoHP got one new ride in each phase. I assume entertainment isn't included here. These are the E tickets.
Do we know they're both rides? For some reason, an attraction that puts you in the middle of a battle sounds to me like it could be an epic show...now all they need for that is a rather large showplace with lots of seats and a large stage for cool props. LMA would work.

ProjectXBlog

Do we know they're both rides? For some reason, an attraction that puts you in the middle of a battle sounds to me like it could be an epic show...now all they need for that is a rather large showplace with lots of seats and a large stage for cool props. LMA would work.
yeah it's really hard for me to visualize what that "battle" attraction will look like...a simulator is the first thought, but that makes little sense considering the area will have 2 simulators most likely. so maybe an interactive live show, à la enchanted tales with belle?

AEfx

yeah it's really hard for me to visualize what that "battle" attraction will look like...a simulator is the first thought, but that makes little sense considering the area will have 2 simulators most likely. so maybe an interactive live show, à la enchanted tales with belle?

Or maybe it's a large scale dark ride with the battle taking place over several acres where your ride vehicle whips you in and out of various sections of it, a la the Indy ride.

Yes, on the far end of the 'realistic' scale, but it's possible. Given how the Falcon ride is likely to be some sort of simulator type thing, I hope they go to something a bit more animatronic-y for the other ride.

SoupBone

I believe they said "Cantina-ish" - the Cantina on Mos Eisley was just one. Cantina generally = "bar" in Star Wars. One could even consider Jabba's Throne room as a sort of "Cantina" - it was in Star Wars Galaxies, the MMORPG.

I'm glad for this - although I know the Mos Eisley Cantina has some real vintage cred points for folks, in truth - a replica would be really boring. There isn't much to the location, at all. It's just the patrons that made it interesting.

I shed a tear when they destroyed that game. I wish they would reconsider starting it again, with a re-skin and updated graphics. The game was a phenomenal open world MMORPG...until they ruined it.

AdventureHasAName

Understandably, you guys are going by the "traditional" definition of "attractions" that has been the norm for the past decade or two. Like, counting meet and greets or restaurants as attractions. There are two new rides coming, in addition to shopping, restaurants, and presumably a healthy dose of Meet and Greets.

They are being smart by using a more accurate definition as they are - keeping expectations in check and not making 2-rides into a half-dozen "attractions" by including those other things.

Oh, they are clearly being more accurate in their description than they have been in the recent past (counting M&Gs as "attractions", etc). But just because they are using better descriptions doesn't mean what they are describing is ambitious. It's still two rides in a land the size of modern-day MK Tomorrowland.

AEfx

Ex-boyband member?

He's already gotten more mention than deserved...there is a poster here who's screen name is that of a boy band member from several decades ago (before he was born, I believe, so I don't think it's actually on purpose). That said, the "ex-boyband" part is a misnomer, as the like-named boy band member is still a member of his respective band. ;)

Mike S

Or maybe it's a large scale dark ride with the battle taking place over several acres where your ride vehicle whips you in and out of various sections of it, a la the Indy ride.

Yes, on the far end of the 'realistic' scale, but it's possible. Given how the Falcon ride is likely to be some sort of simulator type thing, I hope they go to something a bit more animatronic-y for the other ride.
LPS maybe? ;)

AEfx

Oh, they are clearly being more accurate in their description than they have been in the recent past (counting M&Gs as "attractions", etc). But just because they are using better descriptions doesn't mean what they are describing is ambitious. It's still two rides in a land the size of modern-day MK Tomorrowland.

No, just that they are not over-selling it, which was the only point I was making.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom