Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

andre85

The MiceChat report doesn't disagree with anything. It states that there is more room to the left of Battle Escape, which is true.

The tone of Micechat's article is entirely different from Marni's reply, with talk of "short" entry tunnels, lack of "acreage and breathing room." I'm not saying they're right, but merely pointing out that Micechat's language is implying their land is superior--but I also know that Micechat tends to be quite hyperbolic--which is why I was asking Marni for his opinion.

But then they spin it as a good thing on DL's part, much like many of our neighbors here do. As though DL is electing to have more space to the left of Battle Escape. That isn't true.

Yes, exactly, which seems to be contrary to what Marni was saying, hence the question.

Either way, is Disneyland's Star Wars land bigger than WDW's?

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

Furthermore, will DL's attractions feature AAs and details and stuff that TDO won't pay for at DHS? As ridiculous as this may seam considering their both run by the same company I have to ask.

Goofyernmost

I would think it is pretty easy for the big boys in California let TDO take the blame if things aren't as complete as they are at Disneyland. However, the sad fact of life is that those guys in Cali have the power to put any of those folks in Orlando out on the street. They get away with whatever they do, because the folks in Cali. don't want to spend money and they have their own personal scapegoat to blame it on.

Think about it... if the first two levels of management in Burbank want something done a certain way... all they have to do is say that's how they want it or else. Blame TDO if you like, but, I am not buying it. I used to have a boss that said... "The skunk stinks from head down"... never really could see that comparison but, it was true. If the leader doesn't stop it, then they backed it no matter how much they try to convince you otherwise. We also used to say... "how come the bottle neck is always at the top of the bottle?"

No Name

The tone of Micechat's article is entirely different from Marni's reply, with talk of "short" entry tunnels, lack of "acreage and breathing room." I'm not saying they're right, but merely pointing out that Micechat's language is implying their land is superior--but I also know that Micechat tends to be quite hyperbolic--which is why I was asking Marni for his opinion.

Yes, exactly, which seems to be contrary to what Marni was saying, hence the question.

Either way, is Disneyland's Star Wars land bigger than WDW's?

I think we're saying the same thing, it's just your word usage.

Nowhere did Micechat say anything contrary to, or in disagreement with, what Martin has said. They're simply spinning it to create an illusion that "their" land is better, or "their" park is bigger, or whatever suits their inferiority complex. I'm sure they know the actual reasoning, which is why they didn't say anything explicitly incorrect, like "DHS has less room for their SWL than DL does."

andre85

I think we're saying the same thing, it's just your word usage.

Nowhere did Micechat say anything contrary to, or in disagreement with, what Martin has said.

I mean, I already clarified I was talking about their tone, which you seemingly agree with, only you refer to it as "spinning." I really don't know what we're arguing about. I was just interested in Marni's response to their "tone" or "spin" if you prefer, which seemed contrary to his own, seeing as he didn't seem to be particularly concerned about space concerns

I'm also still curious as to whether their land is larger, as they seem to be implying

Last edited:

doctornick

Nowhere did Micechat say anything contrary to, or in disagreement with, what Martin has said. They're simply spinning it to create an illusion that "their" land is better, or "their" park is bigger, or whatever suits their inferiority complex. I'm sure they know the actual reasoning, which is why they didn't say anything explicitly incorrect, like "DHS has less room for their SWL than DL does."

I'm shocked, shocked, to see Micechat trying to frame information in a way to make DL look great and to slam WDW. That seems so inconsistent with what they typically do in their articles. :rolleyes:

Micechat has some solid sources and information in regards to Disney parks, especially those at DLR. But they are worthless when it comes to any analysis especially comparing anything at Disneyland to WDW because their bias is just unbelievably huge. I would take any comments from them about WDW with a massive barrel full of salt. It's actually pretty laughable.

andre85

I'm shocked, shocked, to see Micechat trying to frame information in a way to make DL look great and to slam WDW. That seems so inconsistent with what they typically do in their articles. :rolleyes:

Micechat has some solid sources and information in regards to Disney parks, especially those at DLR. But they are worthless when it comes to any analysis especially comparing anything at Disneyland to WDW because their bias is just unbelievably huge. I would take any comments from them about WDW with a massive barrel full of salt. It's actually pretty laughable.

Yep, like what I mentioned with Star Tours earlier, where they claimed it wouldn't have the same movement as at Disneyland. Although every once in a while, they do hit on something true for WDW, so I was curious how much truth there may be to their WDW SW claims--regardless of how exaggerated they may be

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Micechat is still jealous that the D23 announcements for DLR (Halloween at Cars Land and Pixar Pier) were laughable compared to the slew of new E-tickets announced for WDW. If DLR has so much extra room in SWL, where's their hyper-themed Star Wars Resort going to go?

In that extra space. Although, it will only be six stories tall and have 12 rooms.

TyTrap

I have a question concerning the millennium falcon attraction. When you are at the exterior of the attraction how is imagineering planning to hide the show building? Will the ship be on top of the show building?

Kamikaze

I have a question concerning the millennium falcon attraction. When you are at the exterior of the attraction how is imagineering planning to hide the show building? Will the ship be on top of the show building?

The ship isn't part of the actual show building. Its out front.

The first picture here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ks-unveils-the-star-wars-inspired-land-model/ shows the Falcon sitting outside the building on the ground (gotta have those PhotoPass ops) and the mountain area with doors behind is where the show building is.

TyTrap

The ship isn't part of the actual show building. Its out front.

The first picture here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ks-unveils-the-star-wars-inspired-land-model/ shows the Falcon sitting outside the building on the ground (gotta have those PhotoPass ops) and the mountain area with doors behind is where the show building is.
Ok so we will enter through the falcon which will presumably be set dressed to look like other areas of the ship but then the show building will have the actual cockpits where guests will ride. Hopefully you will exit out of the falcon as well. I do see what you're saying about the doors but I feel it would be way more immersive if you entered through the falcon and the back of the show building connected to it in order to create the illusion better.

jaxonp

Ok so we will enter through the falcon which will presumably be set dressed to look like other areas of the ship but then the show building will have the actual cockpits where guests will ride. Hopefully you will exit out of the falcon as well. I do see what you're saying about the doors but I feel it would be way more immersive if you entered through the falcon and the back of the show building connected to it in order to create the illusion better.

I doubt it. It would be confusing to enter the falcon go thru a queue, preshows, ride the falcon, exit the falcon, exit line to the exterior falcon? Me thinks it's just a prop for the exterior. A photopass spot.

TyTrap

I doubt it. It would be confusing to enter the falcon go thru a queue, preshows, ride the falcon, exit the falcon, exit line to the exterior falcon? Me thinks it's just a prop for the exterior. A photopass spot.
Ah that's lame they won't even dress the interior so people can look around inside?

Kamikaze

No, you won't enter the Falcon (prop) at all. The actual load area where you load into the bridge should be dressed to resemble the Falcon. And the vehicles obviously will be themed to match the Falcon's cockpit.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom