Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

As you no doubt know everything there was designed to be moved. It's actually an expansion pad.

That's why the buildings for example aren't exactly substantial permenant structures.

It would be nothing compared to for example what DL is doing right now.
Ultimately you're right if they want to make the change they can. What I'm arguing however is that they're not going to waste the money doing it because they have other options namely SOA and LMA both of which are being bulldozed currently.

Disneyhead'71

I have been told the plan is to retheme Star Tours in both DHS and DL to the same IP. But they wouldn't say what IP. But they weren't thrilled about it being in Tomorrowland.

I feel like "Phase 3" will be more like the retheme of Star Tours, an Indy replacement, RnR retheme, BatB replacement, new F!, and maybe one new PIXAR attraction.

radiorae

I have been told the plan is to retheme Star Tours in both DHS and DL to the same IP. But they wouldn't say what IP. But they weren't thrilled about it being in Tomorrowland.

I feel like "Phase 3" will be more like the retheme of Star Tours, an Indy replacement, RnR retheme, BatB replacement, new F!, and maybe one new PIXAR attraction.

What if the Star Tours retheme is to something Indy-related? It's not a completely ridiculous idea, and if they either kept/updated the Indy show or replaced it with some other similarly themed attraction, it would make a little Indy pocket in the park. It would also explain why your source wouldn't be too happy with it in Tomorrowland.

Ripken10

What if the Star Tours retheme is to something Indy-related? It's not a completely ridiculous idea, and if they either kept/updated the Indy show or replaced it with some other similarly themed attraction, it would make a little Indy pocket in the park. It would also explain why your source wouldn't be too happy with it in Tomorrowland.
If you re-themed Star Tours to Indy you would essentially have 2 attractions for Star Wars and the same number for Indy -- as much as I love Indy, Indy does not light a candle to the popularity that Star Wars has. I can't see them going with just 2 Star Wars attractions...IMO. I don't think they would even consider re-theming unless there was a 3rd Star Wars attraction made...and I don't remember seeing any (solid) rumors where a third was on the table.

doctornick

If you re-themed Star Tours to Indy you would essentially have 2 attractions for Star Wars and the same number for Indy -- as much as I love Indy, Indy does not light a candle to the popularity that Star Wars has. I can't see them going with just 2 Star Wars attractions...IMO. I don't think they would even consider re-theming unless there was a 3rd Star Wars attraction made...and I don't remember seeing any (solid) rumors where a third was on the table.

To be fair, while there are two rides planned for the Star Wars land, there is almost certainly going to be a number of other attractions -- e.g. indoor Jedi academy, M&Gs, some sort of "use the force" type stations plus streetmosphere and plussed dining experiences. Even if IJ had two rides develop -- skeptical of that anyway -- it wouldn't be quite such a complete package.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Friday, April 8. Here is the new concept art installed on the construction walls surrounding Streets of America. Three of these are now installed, all the same. Two in the Muppet's Courtyard, and one next to The Writer's Stop.

View attachment 137411

SWL is clearly not going in LMA because Toy Story Land isn't shown at the edge of the concept art. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom