Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bakntime

My only critique would be that it looks too similar to Avatar Land. Would have preferred something more arid/desert-y looking or urban (think Coruscant or Blade Runner lots of neon lights, cold steel, elevated walkways)
I hear you on that one to some extent, but all the best Star Wars scenes, moments, and films center on the gritty, organic worlds and art styles.

WhatJaneSays

If they include the existing Star Tours plot in that 14 acres, leave Indy alone, and expand back this is my best guess:
SWland1.jpg

Now if they're not including Star Tours and just take over all of that back stretch of the park:
SWland3.jpg

They might also expand a bit both ways (knocking out Indy leaving more room for the potential Pixar expansion:
SWland2.jpg

ItlngrlBella

YAAAAY! There the hell is my Star Wars land! They've exceeded what I had expected regarding how much they plan on doing (both parks, "launch" and "season of...").

On a mini vacay with my fam... They all just looked at me as I belted out...

Damn I want to read all this but can't right now...

Last edited:

Smiddimizer

My only critique would be that it looks too similar to Avatar Land. Would have preferred something more arid/desert-y looking or urban (think Coruscant or Blade Runner lots of neon lights, cold steel, elevated walkways)

Definitely seems like we have the same artist responsible for the Avatar stuff shown at D23 Tokyo. Not a bad thing at all, I might add. It looks incredible. Emphasis on looks.

DinoInstitute

If they include the existing Star Tours plot in that 14 acres, leave Indy alone, and expand back this is my best guess:
View attachment 106040

Now if they're not including Star Tours and just take over all of that back stretch of the park:
View attachment 106041

They might also expand a bit both ways (knocking out Indy leaving more room for the potential Pixar expansion:
View attachment 106042
My guess would be the third option, but I know nothing.
Does anyone think they might expand outside of current park space? Such as part of the current parking lot areas?

SJFPKT

@marni1971 , wasn't there a rumor that echo lake would turn in to Degobah? Where do you think the land is going? I just assumed with Pixar being kind of locked, it would get LMA and BLT, that and I thought that was the rumor.

WhatJaneSays

My guess would be the third option, but I know nothing.
Does anyone think they might expand outside of current park space? Such as part of the current parking lot areas?
The only reason I'm not thinking that is any plot directly behind Star Tours could interfere with the eventual new entrance way(s) to the parking lot/structure for DHS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom