Star Wars Help, PLEASE!!

Minnie1986

For the love of God, please help me! I'm trying to figure out how to navigate the new Star Wars Land. The day that we're (myself and my 8 year old cousin that LOVES Star Wars) going to Hollywood Studios we'll have Extra Magic Hours from 8-9, but there is SO much to do. Any ideas as to how to navigate it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Last edited:

disneygeek90

And this is exactly why I need help. Yes, what you referred to is what I need help with.
Really it's just the ride at Star Tours, a stage at the front of the park where I believe they are still doing some sort of character show, and Launch Bay.

Launch Bay is more or less a Star Wars meet and greet area, with some costumes/art pieces from the movies, a cantina area, and also has a short (10-15 min) show about the creators of Star Wars and the impact it has had on generations. I would give the entire Launch Bay area a max of a half hour/45 mins? Of course depending on if you want to do any meet and greets or movie, would be a little more than that.

Check the times guide or app for the daily show times for the stage show. Captain Phasma and her gang of troopers will march down the main street almost every hour which is also on the guide. There's not much action, but it's still rather impressive to watch, especially for huge fans. You can also see two troopers roaming around Launch Bay outside throughout the day demanding people move around them.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Really it's just the ride at Star Tours, a stage at the front of the park where I believe they are still doing some sort of character show, and Launch Bay.

Launch Bay is more or less a Star Wars meet and greet area, with some costumes/art pieces from the movies, a cantina area, and also has a short (10-15 min) show about the creators of Star Wars and the impact it has had on generations. I would give the entire Launch Bay area a max of a half hour/45 mins? Of course depending on if you want to do any meet and greets or movie, would be a little more than that.

Check the times guide or app for the daily show times for the stage show. Captain Phasma and her gang of troopers will march down the main street almost every hour which is also on the guide. There's not much action, but it's still rather impressive to watch, especially for huge fans. You can also see two troopers roaming around Launch Bay outside throughout the day demanding people move around them.
Thank you! This seems SO much more manageable. Can you do Fast Pass for any of the meet and greets? I honestly could care less, but I know he will love it. I think the Jedi Training is what he'll most look forward to, so a FastPass will definitely be used for that. It's been so long since I've been to WDW with a child, so it's a bit overwhelming.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Is Jawa trading still going on? That's a fun thing for kids.

Upvote 0

disneygeek90

Thank you! This seems SO much more manageable. Can you do Fast Pass for any of the meet and greets? I honestly could care less, but I know he will love it. I think the Jedi Training is what he'll most look forward to, so a FastPass will definitely be used for that. It's been so long since I've been to WDW with a child, so it's a bit overwhelming.
Oh, there's also a short movie near Star Tours, but it's basically a trailer for the entire franchise? Idk if it's really worth it. Maybe if you end up with a little spare time.

I don't believe the M&G's have a fastpass... but if you have a Disney Chase credit card, there is a separate line that is usually shorter that involves one of the "villains."

Upvote 0

GVentola

And don't forget the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (fireworks and giant projections of scenes from SW films) at closing time at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's usually right after Fantasmic, and technically, you can do both, but you'll have to settle for a lousy view at Star Wars if you stay to the end of Fantasmic. Now I love Fantasmic; it's my fave attraction. But since your cousin is there for Star Wars, I would skip it and use the time you would've spent at Fantasmic to find a good spot in front of the Chinese Theater from which to watch the Star Wars spectacular. Note: Star Wars Galactic Spectacular is a once-a-night show not to be confused with Star Wars: A Galaxy Far Far Away, which is kind of a stage show, featuring live actors coming out between scenes from the films. It is also held in front of the Chinese theater, but several times a day.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Jedi Training is not a fast pass. You need to register first thing in the morning. Rope drop and make your way over quickly. This will be the most insane portion of your day. As long as you are there early you will sign up for a show time. Then you'll come back to prep for the show at your appointed time.

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's just about everything to do in DHS. SW stuff is in red. You can look this stuff up on the Disney site, or, there are a ton of YouTube videos for each of these things, just search appropriately for them...

Rides

1. Toy Story Mania
  2. Rock N Rollercoaster
  3. Tower of Terror
  4. The Great Movie Ride (slightly updated recently) - closing late August-ish for a new attraction
  5. Star Tours (updated with Jakku & BB8!) - You can ride this several times and see different scenes.

Shows

• Muppet 3D
  • Frozen Singalong & Comedy Show (adult-friendly)
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show
  • Little Mermaid Musical
  • Beauty and the Beast Musical
  • Fantasmic!
  • Disney Jr. (for the kids who are fans of DJr. channel)
  • Citizens of Hollywood (street show)
  • Jedi Academy (updated, fun to watch just as a show, great for younglings to participate in)
  • SW Fireworks and projection show on the Chinese Theater facade
  • Capt. Phasma with Troopers March and Show of Force (several times a day)
  • Star Wars Stage Show (several times a day)
  • Coming Soon: Music of Pixar

Displays -- Passive and Interactive

• Path of the Jedi Short Movie
  • One Man's Dream (the movie portion may be temporarily replaced by a theatrical preview)
  • Launch Bay
  • Jingle BAM Fireworks & Projection Seasonal Show (Christmas season)

Meet & Greets

• Star Wars: Chewie, Kylo, Storm Troopers, Jawas (make sure you have a trinket to trade), BB-8
  • Hollywood Mickey & Minnie (replaced Sorcerer Mickey in Sound Stage 4 which replaced the guest lounge which replaced Captain Jack Sparrow which replaced Narnia, etc...)
  • Olaf
  • Pixar characters (Woody, Buzz, in Pixar Way)
  • Green Army Men Boot Camp streetmosphere
  • Disney Jr. (Doc, Jake, Sophia)
  • Character Meals at Hollywood & Vine (Disney Jr. for breakfast and lunch, Fab Four for dinner)

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Here's just about everything to do in DHS. SW stuff is in red. You can look this stuff up on the Disney site, or, there are a ton of YouTube videos for each of these things, just search appropriately for them...

Rides

1. Toy Story Mania
  2. Rock N Rollercoaster
  3. Tower of Terror
  4. The Great Movie Ride (slightly updated recently) - closing late August-ish for a new attraction
  5. Star Tours (updated with Jakku & BB8!) - You can ride this several times and see different scenes.

Shows

• Muppet 3D
  • Little Mermaid Musical
  • Fantasmic!
  • Jedi Academy (updated, fun to watch just as a show, great for younglings to participate in)

• One Man's Dream (the movie portion may be temporarily replaced by a theatrical preview)
  • Launch Bay

Meet & Greets

• Star Wars: Chewie, Kylo, Storm Troopers, Jawas (make sure you have a trinket to trade), BB-8
  • Hollywood Mickey & Minnie (replaced Sorcerer Mickey in Sound Stage 4 which replaced the guest lounge which replaced Captain Jack Sparrow which replaced Narnia, etc...)
  • Olaf
  • Character Meals at Hollywood & Vine (Disney Jr. for breakfast and lunch, Fab Four for dinner)
What?! The Great Movie Ride is closing in August?! Is this for sure? Man, I was hoping to see it one more time, but we won't be there until December.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

DHS is probably the easiest park to navigate since there is so little to do there. Most of the rides and attractions can be complete by 1PM. A bit longer if you watch the street performers.

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What?! The Great Movie Ride is closing in August?! Is this for sure? Man, I was hoping to see it one more time, but we won't be there until December.

Disney hasn't announced it, and so, it's possible it won't close or the timeline change, but, this is from one of our most trusted insiders and he's very definite that WDW is definitely intending to do this. DHS isn't going to be about making movies, but being in them. And, more specifically, being in a Disney-owned movie. So, a Mickey Mouse ride is going in. And they want to get it done while they have direct back lot construction access to the building while Star Wars Land is being built.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Jedi Training is not a fast pass. You need to register first thing in the morning. Rope drop and make your way over quickly. This will be the most insane portion of your day. As long as you are there early you will sign up for a show time. Then you'll come back to prep for the show at your appointed time.
Thanks for the heads up!!

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster

Rides

1. Toy Story Mania
  2. Rock N Rollercoaster
  3. Tower of Terror

Shows

• Muppet 3D
  • Little Mermaid Musical
  • Fantasmic!

• Launch Bay

Meet & Greets

• Olaf
This is awesome; thank you! I usually skip the Great Movie Ride, so I'm not exactly torn up about it closing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom