Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

Texas84

Yes, they handed them out with your bib and guide. But I didn't get any for the Princess. I will remember to ask this time. And bring a magic marker, just in case.

Definitely ask. Haven't heard they were getting rid of the bag sticker. Had to be a mistake. But hey, runDisney never makes mistakes! ;)

And yes, to be fair, volunteers are working the packets. I love the volunteers. Stuff unfortunately happens.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Definitely ask. Haven't heard they were getting rid of the bag sticker. Had to be a mistake. But hey, runDisney never makes mistakes! ;)

And yes, to be fair, volunteers are working the packets. I love the volunteers. Stuff unfortunately happens.

I've never brought my bag before, so I never really cared if I had the bag sticker. But after the Glass Slipper, I discovered I wanted, needed to change my shoes...since I couldn't change my feet. :(

Yeah, I agree, those races wouldn't happen without the hundreds of volunteers who get up even earlier than we do. I've witnessed runners stop and ask about the jackets the volunteers are wearing...like "I want your jacket!"

LizaMarie89

My best friend will be on the course in Epcot as a volunteer period She is scheduled all the way until 11 o'clock in the morning.

Edit- with corrals that huge towards the end - what time do you think they'll each start

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
My best friend will be on the course in Epcot as a volunteer period She is scheduled all the way until 11 o'clock in the morning.

Edit- with corrals that huge towards the end - what time do you think they'll each start

Usually 10 minutes between each corral. But they will probably do staggered start within the corral.

Texas84

Some of you in the later corrals might be getting the marathon experience, running through a cheering crowd at Epcot. It's fun. And you can grab an adult beverage on the final mile if you want. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Some of you in the later corrals might be getting the marathon experience, running through a cheering crowd at Epcot. It's fun. And you can grab an adult beverage on the final mile if you want. :)

I'm hoping they will have the tent set up with food and adult beverages like they did for the Princess. I might partake of that glass of champagne....

LAKid53

Premium Member
.... I want a cider from England in the world showcase... can I run and drink?

It's not likely WS will be open. I just looked at my race tracker texts (make sure to sign up for them) and I didn't cross the start line for the Princess Half until 6:23. I believe the maximum Disney will allow for the half is 4 hours from the last runner to start.

dreamfinder

They didn't pass out bag stickers to everyone in Jan, but I they definitely had something at the drop off. Don't recall if the volunteers were just labeling with markers, or if they had blank stickers/tape of their own, but they did have something.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They didn't pass out bag stickers to everyone in Jan, but I they definitely had something at the drop off. Don't recall if the volunteers were just labeling with markers, or if they had blank stickers/tape of their own, but they did have something.

Ok, thanks! I'll bring my own marker, just in case...I can put it in the bag. ;)

I'm more excited about this race than I was for Princess! And one week from today, we leave for our week long SW cruise, returning a few days before I have to come back for the races. It's gonna be a SW month for me! :D And my birthday the day of the Half - I'm definitely wearing my B day button, lol.

Chet Dakota

Nope. Official.

Disappointing. Would have been cool to run through there before sunrise with all the lights. In fact, it is kind of dumb that they didn't include it as part of the DAK course. If anything, it would have shortened the distance/time in the Parking Lot.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just finished watching Rogue One. Not that I want to turn this into a movie thread, but is that the best CGI they could do for Carrie? Talk about looking plastic.... I'd rather they didn't show her face at all than that. The CGI for Peter Cushing was much better done....still obvious but not so plastic doll looking.

Only 3 more weeks!

Chet Dakota

Just finished watching Rogue One. Not that I want to turn this into a movie thread, but is that the best CGI they could do for Carrie? Talk about looking plastic.... I'd rather they didn't show her face at all than that. The CGI for Peter Cushing was much better done....still obvious but not so plastic doll looking.

I thought that the lighting and shading was way too bright on her face, especially around the eyes. Look at a real picture of her from ANH and then from RO, and it is drastic. As good a job as they did for most everything else in the movie, I agree that this was not very good.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I thought that the lighting and shading was way too bright on her face, especially around the eyes. Look at a real picture of her from ANH and then from RO, and it is drastic. As good a job as they did for most everything else in the movie, I agree that this was not very good.

It was more than that. Face was too flat...the woman had cheekbones, for god's sake! But no more movie talk....

Surprised the Half is still open. Trying to convince my son in law to join me for Sunday's race. I keep texting him the photo of the Kylo Ren medal. And giving him runDisney Vader shirts and magnets. I think he's starting to weaken.....

Texas84

It's not likely WS will be open. I just looked at my race tracker texts (make sure to sign up for them) and I didn't cross the start line for the Princess Half until 6:23. I believe the maximum Disney will allow for the half is 4 hours from the last runner to start.

Norway will be open but the beer cart might not be open that early. And the popcorn stand up front has beer but it probably won't be open either. So yeah, you're most likely right. Maybe run into the bakery in France? Grab a pastry and a glass of champagne? :D

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/les-halles-boulangerie-patisserie/menus/

(I don't know if they sell alcohol for breakfast. Just having fun.)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Norway will be open but the beer cart might not be open that early. And the popcorn stand up front has beer but it probably won't be open either. So yeah, you're most likely right. Maybe run into the bakery in France? Grab a pastry and a glass of champagne? :D

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/les-halles-boulangerie-patisserie/menus/

(I don't know if they sell alcohol for breakfast. Just having fun.)

I'm confused. The country pavilions in WS will open before 11AM that day? Or just Norway, so there's a restroom available? I wasn't really paying attention towards the end of the Princess Half - I just wanted to finish.

Texas84

Disappointing. Would have been cool to run through there before sunrise with all the lights. In fact, it is kind of dumb that they didn't include it as part of the DAK course. If anything, it would have shortened the distance/time in the Parking Lot.

Forgot which race, W&D maybe? The RoL stadium was all lit up and the Tree of Life projection show was being run. Maybe we will get some RoL floats (doubt it).

Texas84

I'm confused. The country pavilions in WS will open before 11AM that day? Or just Norway, so there's a restroom available? I wasn't really paying attention towards the end of the Princess Half - I just wanted to finish.

Just Norway (because Frozen) and Les Halles in France is open for breakfast.

Edit: All the WS bathrooms should be open.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just Norway (because Frozen) and Les Halles in France is open for breakfast.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I think I'll save that glass of champagne until I've finished - will be much easier to drink (and not spill) if I'm not running. :D

Texas84

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I think I'll save that glass of champagne until I've finished - will be much easier to drink (and not spill) if I'm not running. :D

I've always wanted to finish the marathon with a beer in my hand but by mile 24 I just want to go back to bed. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom