News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is it obvious that guests will walk to the second floor for one store? In a mall, you'll go to the second floor for all the stores that are on the second floor, but much more money will be made on the first floor. This is even more obvious. Most purchases are impulse buys that become less so once people have to think about it and make more of an effort.

What would be more efficient is for the merchandising experiences like the light saber and droid construction is done on the second floor to free up space on the first floor. Table service restaurants should also be on the second floor to free up merchandising on the first floor.

Disney has already spent tons of money on the land so perhaps they aren't thinking about increasing additional costs by adding second floors.
In my mind the whole merchant row would have a second floor so every shop, kiosk or whatever would have additional floorspace, not a single shop. Additionally they should all be connected just like on Main St. So while I get the most of these are kiosk type places it just seems based on accounts there isn't enough room for a couple hundred CMs let alone 10k guests to make those impulse buys. Which is why I think a second floor of shopping is needed.

Also I think you underestimate the shopping experience at Disneyland. I've seen guests literally walk across the park in order to get a single item. So walking up some stairs to a second floor of a shop is not a big deal.

However with that said, I do agree the light saber and droid workshops would be better in a second floor away from the main merchant row. And I partial agree on the restaurant, it should actually have seating in both floors, not just the second. Basically think Carthay Circle, lounge and tables on first floor, second floor dining.

Darkbeer1

Would Disney ever have these outlets leak pictures. I'm not saying this happened, just curious.

Not really. If they want something out, they would authorize a media outlet(s) to do it, but not today. Over the last few days, Media packages have been distributed, and then the Media events yesterday, starting with photo/video events and interviews, followed by a party in the evening.

Everyone (and there were a LOT of folks there) were told the same rules, nothing until 6 PM PDT tonight, under penalty of being becoming a "non-entity" to Disney' PR department. If they let one group do it early, the entire Media Corps would revolt.

For example, the SoCal Newspaper members got access at the first CM party, and even walkthroughs prior to that. They were told what things they could report on, and what had to remain out of the articles, by Disney. This is how Disney gets the attention they want. Then over the last few weeks, press releases about specific things. Heck, the Southern California News Group has a temporary Star Wars Land section on its websites.

sponono88

A slideshow of 50 photos is now up at the OCRegister:

OCR-L-SW-PIX-0529-39-JAG1.jpg

I wish the embargo would apply to the pictures taken during the CM preview! I had some photos taken in front of the millenium falcon but they won't be posted online until Friday :(

Attachments

• oga.jpg
    oga.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Darkbeer1

A slideshow of 50 photos is now up at the OCRegister:

I wish the embargo would apply to the pictures taken during the CM preview! I had some photos taken in front of the millenium falcon but they won't be posted online until Friday :(

Well, how about those who had a chance for chaperoned walkthroughs prior to the CM previews... They have to wait until Friday.

Practical Pig

@britain and @Disney Irish, here is the article posted by @SSG (thanks) this morning:

Emphasis added:

There is a large portion of Black Spire Outpost between the First Order Cargo retail shop and Oga’s Cantina that is not in use. It is likely the site for a future Galaxy’s Edge expansion. Doorways in the completely constructed First Order sector of the village lead into empty buildings. These may feature as retail or restaurant locations.

“We can actually update a lot of the stories that get told or integrate new stories,” Beck said. “As much as everyone has gotten down into the details of what might be possible, I think that there are doorways that aren’t totally spoken for. There are things that exist within the land that suggest that there are stories that are still waiting to be told. Those things can be integrated with some of the stories that may go into the future.”​

The bolded section is what seems to support my earlier post on the subject. It uses plurals for "buildings" and "retail or restaurant locations." But I also have to note now that it is not part of a direct quote from a representative of WDI, and the author of the article may not have it quite right. So ... ambiguity. 🤥

TROR

Why is the Starspeeder 1000 flying around Batuu? The Starspeeder 3000 is post Jedi and I'm sure by the time of the new trilogy they're onto the Starspeeder 4000, if not 5000. WDI is run by a bunch of hacks. I'm not immersed.

This is an actual complaint of mine btw. Stupid that this is the Starspeeder 1000 and not the 3000.

Disneyhead'71

Why is the Starspeeder 1000 flying around Batuu? The Starspeeder 3000 is post Jedi and I'm sure by the time of the new trilogy they're onto the Starspeeder 4000, if not 5000. WDI is run by a bunch of hacks. I'm not immersed.

View attachment 377509

This is an actual complaint of mine btw. Stupid that this is the Starspeeder 1000 and not the 3000.
Driving aroud Ocala today, I was totally taken out of the immersiveness of things because there was someone diving around in a 2012 KIA SOUL when everyone knows they are up to the 2019 KIA SOULs now,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom