Star Wars Episode 9 Director Wants to Shoot Some Scenes in Actual Outer Space

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-episode-9-director-wants-to-shoot-some-s/1100-6434312/

Star Wars Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow has spoken up about his hope to shoot at least part of the sci-fi film in actual outer space. Speaking at a presentation at Sundance Film Festival this week, Trevorrow said he proposed the idea to Disney, but hasn't heard back yet one way or the other.

"I asked the question, 'Is it possible for us to shoot IMAX film plates in actual space for Star Wars,' and I haven't gotten an answer yet, but they've shot IMAX in space!" he said, as reported by SlashFilm.

Trevorrow was joined during the presentation by director Christopher Nolan, who said he explored filming above the earth's atmosphere for space movie Interstellar.

"Funny enough, we had that conversation with Interstellar," Nolan explained. "There's incredible footage from space now."

Also during the talk, Trevorrow confirmed that Episode IX will be shot on film, not digitally. This was true of The Force Awakens, and will be of Rian Johnson's Episode VIII.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So he wants to shoot background footage. I wonder if they can just use footage that already exists. Plenty of scientific footage has been shot in space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom