1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'Disney Video Games' started by Cam Eplion, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Cam Eplion

Cam Eplion Member

As many of us know, Star Wars: Battlefront was THE game, I can't even tell you how many hours I put into both 1 and 2. But now a new Battlefront emerges, this time one being made by DICE who is also the developer for the Battlefield series. I am completely stoked for this game, I am a huge Battlefield fan who has invested hundreds of dollars and hours into the franchise, since I play the game a lot I know that DICE can make some pretty amazing games, but one of the best things DICE excels at is atmosphere. The maps on BF4 are HUGE on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. And that's what platforms the next Battlefront game will be on. No PS3 or 360, just next gen and PC. With that being said, we can already tell that these maps will be great in size, fantastic detail, and fun to play. At the time this thread is being posted we've only seen a slight glimmer of what the game has to offer. I thought it'd be pretty cool to start a thread about a game that is based off a theme that we love, but I'd also like to hear from you guys, what are your thoughts on this brand new Battlefront experience slated to release Holiday 2015.

2. erasure fan1

erasure fan1 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for battlefront 3 for a LONG time. I loved the first 2 and enjoyed some of the PSP games as well. I am not too sure about EA being in charge of star wars games though. They tend to destroy anything they get their hands on. I do hope they expand upon the mission structure and the playable hero option they had in battlefront 2. I will say that as much as I want battlefront 3, it was my 2nd choice for a star wars game. By far I wanted a knights of the old republic 3 before anything else.

Voxel likes this.
  3. Cam Eplion

Cam Eplion Member Original Poster

I did hear that Viceral who makes the Dead Space franchise, got the main writer from the uncharted series and they want to work on a well known title. Making me believe it would be KOTOR3. But it could also be a Force Unleashed 3. While I think EA had a pathetic year last year, this year they toned down the micro transactions a lot. While the titles they released weren't the greatest, they didn't release them unfinished such as BF4 last year which was virtually unplayable at launch. If you want to look at a company who has an absolutely terrible year is Ubisoft. Watch Dogs was not optimized for the PC and was not polished on any system, AC: Unity is almost unplayable as well, Ubisoft has had nothing but unfinished titles this year mainly on their triple a titles.

4. olinecoach61

olinecoach61 Well-Known Member

Ooooohhhh, that looks good!

5. Nick Wilde

Nick Wilde Well-Known Member

If that's Early In-engine Footage, I can't wait to see what the actual game will look like.

6. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

Star Wars Battlefront Sequel Coming Next Year
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/games/new...t-sequel-coming-next-year#sGtBleUbysFt3xZ7.99

7. Dead2009

EA Explains Why Star Wars Battlefront Didn't Have Single-Player and Teases Sequel Might
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-explains-why-star-wars-battlefront-didnt-have-s/1100-6439898/

8. Dead2009

9. Dead2009