Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

Cesar R M

Another thing I forgot to mention.
I feel that Picard needs to pay so much money for its original actors that they had to skim in VFX.

The Titan was supposed to have the most diverse crew at the time (Alien wise) with more than 50% being non humans.
Yet we see more diversity in Discovery by a long margin. Almost every single "alien" is a painted humanoid in Picard.

Say what you say, but this is something I loved from Discovery. They put a lot of aliens out that really looked like aliens.

Wendy Pleakley

the way this season is being played out so far, if rene auberjonis was still alive, he would’ve popped up somewhere on the show

Yeah. I'm glad they're tying into what was the best show of the Berman Trek era, but missed opportunity (so far) to include any living DS9 cast members, Worf notwithstanding. O'Brien would be an obvious choice.

The pacing of the show continues to make me optimistic they'll stick the landing. Halfway through and we still haven't seen several major characters and there are plot points still to develop, so it's not like Season 2 where they dragged that storyline out way longer than warranted.

Bringing back Ro to wrap up that storyline was fantastic. There's a lot of fan service in this season, but it's being done well.

mf1972

i’m wondering if the there’s going to be any more cameos from the original series on this show, or from other trek shows

Wendy Pleakley

It's due in no small part to the power of this cast, but this show is just working on every level.

Nostalgia that could easily be seen as pandering but just feels correct.

Bringing back characters in a way that just feels legitimate, instead of eye rolling.

Now they just need to resurrect Kirk, whose remains made a blink and you'll miss it cameo on Daystrom station. Too much?

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's due in no small part to the power of this cast, but this show is just working on every level.

Nostalgia that could easily be seen as pandering but just feels correct.

Bringing back characters in a way that just feels legitimate, instead of eye rolling.

Now they just need to resurrect Kirk, whose remains made a blink and you'll miss it cameo on Daystrom station. Too much?
Just a bit!
With how many times Janeway has been mentioned I want her to make an appearance
Her and Geordi's wife

Wendy Pleakley

Just a bit!
With how many times Janeway has been mentioned I want her to make an appearance
Her and Geordi's wife

René Auberjonois would have been an obvious appearance had he not passed away.

Given this show is a follow-up to the main DS9 storyline I'd like to see that cast represented, which technically Worf and O'Brien are/would be but maybe someone who isn't also a TNG member.

Some people are speculating on a villain tie-in with that series, but most speculation about this season has been way off.

Cesar R M

I'm honestly ed at the plot holes left in this season regarding the reveal on this episode.

A list of things:

1. The fleet has many errors, some ships do not even have naccelles!
  2. The fleet does not seem to showcase ANY of the "Zeng He" ship. So where did the "most powerful fleet" go? And it cannot be a fake fleet since Commodore Oh was starfleet intelligence, therefore she must have known the ships were real.
  3. They revealed the Odyssey class Enterprise, to which supposedly Picard captained a ship of the same class during the last stages of the Romulan evacuation saga. Also ties in with Star Trek Online.
  4. They had just fixed the Borg plot on 3rd Season.. why are we having another plot on that?
  5. The part where Picard's "illness" was a setup from the Borg, was pure genius.
  6. The reveal of the "rebuilt" of the "fat" galaxy class Enterprise-D for museum related thing purposes, was also superb.
  7. Gives huge parallels from when Kirk had a skeleton key "steal" the enterprise and using automations set up by scotty to fix the limited crew.
  8. The explanation on why the Sovereing class Enterprise was not rebuilt and there, was also on point (destroyed with a mission by then Captain Worf, also was the pathfinder for starfleet automation) also.. ironic since these were the first ships with more firepower along with the defiant to fight borg better.
  9. The borg queen is kind of obvious on my side... It must be Admiral Janeway's husk or something. Assuming this timeline really syncs with Voyager. Or this is prior to Admiral Janeway trip to the past to destroy the Borg.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom