Spring Training Anyone?

mharrington

Ok boys and girls, time for challenge number two.

For this challenge, you should think way, way outside the box. I want you guys to figure out a new streetmosphere experience for one of the parks. No rules, no restrictions. Just go nuts. I'm not going to put any requirements on your proposal, except for a limit of three pictures. Put as little or as much detail as you want. Just remember, I love detail. Have fun guys.

This is still WDW, right? I've already got an idea in mind, although it is not my own original idea, so credit goes out to whoever thought of it first.

And just to clarify, are we going to be doing these projects solo or in teams?

LittleGiants16

Original Poster
This is still WDW, right? I've already got an idea in mind, although it is not my own original idea, so credit goes out to whoever thought of it first.

And just to clarify, are we going to be doing these projects solo or in teams?
For the final time, everything is in WDW unless specifically stated.

Similarly, every challenge, unless specified is in your teams.

Finally, I would not advise you using unoriginal ideas.

Sam Magic

I guess I'm going to have to be a responsible person and say that due to finals and emotional situations I will not be able to participate in this contest. I send my deep regrets to Monorail Red who has been such a great partner, the community for always being so welcoming, and LittleGiants for organizing this. It has been a blessing to work with all of you over the past three years, alas school calls and I must answer. I'll see you guys this summer!

Yours Truly,
Sam

RMichael21

The Penguin Waiter's Challenge 2 submission...

Introducing: The Newsies Street Strike!

This all new streetmosphere experience is coming to Disney's Hollywood Studio's Streets of America this fall. Based on the successful 1992 film and the hit Broadway musical, this performance will take guests back to the News Boys Strike of 1899.

At random times during the day, in front of the facades of The Streets of America, guests will being to notice music slowly increasing in volume.

soa_0.jpg

Shortly after, News Boys dressed in old-fashioned clothes appear and start to yell "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" When the music reaches full volume, these "Newsies" will break out into full song and dance.

imgres.jpg

Guests will be able to hum along to the tunes, "Carrying the Banner", "The World will Know", "Seize The Day", "Kink of New York" and "Once and For All." Also, this performance will not be a lip-synch festival like so many other experiences at Walt Disney World. This performance will feature live-vocals and choreography from both the film and the musical. The choreography is an exciting, upbeat, entertaining style that will be very enjoyable to watch. Depending on the time of day and location in The Streets of America, the choreography will differ slightly in order to maximize the guest experience.

At the end of the show, the performers will slowly leave the area shouting, "Extra, Extra! Read all about it!" But, not after interacting with the guests. This will consist of posing for pictures and signing autographs will a name from the movie.

This show is somewhat similar to the Red Car News Boys at Disney's California Adventure but with a few major differences. First, this show is more of a flash mob style, with will make it more exciting to watch. Secondly, there is no Mickey Mouse in this performance. One of the whole points of streetmosphere is to have characters not from the Fab Five or Princess stories. And finally, this experience is based off of a movie and musical which will provide a connection to the audience. The guest who may have seen the musical or film can sing or dance along, providing a memorable experience for the performers, not just the guests. It's one of those Win-Win situations, you know! ;)

And that's it for the Penguin Waiter's Submission this week. We hope you enjoyed! :)

Also, the changed schedule helped out a ton. Thanks @LittleGiants16 ! :)

MonorailRed

Applebees
The Mighty Duck Dynasty's Challenge 2 Submission

So, for this challenge, I took streetmosphere as " Entertainment or interaction through the use of street performers who enhance the atmosphere" and I went with…

THE JUNGLE SHOW

Welcome to the Jungle Show! Located near the docks of the World-Famous Jungle Cruise, this experience will entertain guests of all ages!

The Story

The story goes that originally, Jungle Cruise Skippers would take breaks when the sun set in their Jungle Boats. Playing music, and telling spectacular jokes and stories. Later when the Manager of Jungle Cruise Expeditions found this out, he quickly turned this free time into entertainment to coax adventurer's of all kinds to the famous Jungle Cruise.

It was tough to position the stage right here, since I didn't want it to mess with Pirates: Treasures of the Seven Seas or the Jungle Cruise Attraction itself. I also wanted to avoid overcrowding at the ride entrance itself.

The stage is located where there's an "step entrance" to the Jungle Cruise area, with a small walkway to the stage for performers near the Jungle Cruise attraction entrance. The start of the queue will be moved at night to accommodate crowding. It looks like a quickly put-together wooded-board stage (Similar to what was done for styling "Jingle Cruise" boat makeovers). With similar colors to the Jungle Cruise enterance.

ScreenShot2014-05-13at90122PM_zpse726ea3a.png

The Red Circle show where the stage is located. Red block/blob is the area the stage takes up. Purple boxes are where the Jungle cruise entrance is re-located at night.

If the show's proven extremely successful, there could even be an Adventureland takeover, instead of just the Jungle Cruise section of Adventureland.

Further Description of the Show

The show will feature several different wacky, original characters, "Skippers", Hosting and appearing on the show.

This show will pretty much be a hybrid of "The Adventurers Club", "Mad T Party"(Themed Band and area), and "Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor"(Similar Joke themes like stories, knock knock, ect.). Guests will laugh at several Skippers jokes (Which are actually awful, just like the Cruise), and laugh at their hilarious personalities. Skippers and "special guests" will tell jokes and stories of their adventure along the spectacular rivers they've traveled upon (with audience participation, of course)

In between jokes and stories (and some bickering between Skippers), guests will hear music from "The Lost Expedition". You'll hear them play Jazz of some famously "Wild" songs. But, they'll also play whatever the person on stage wants.

Their outfits will be heavily influenced by these guys.

junglecruise_rhino-wdw2009ww.jpg

These songs include, but aren't limited to:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Welcome to the Jungle

Wild Thing

Hakuna Matata/ I Just Can't Wait to Be King

I Wanna Be Like You - Jungle Jazz Version

Bare Necessities - Jungle Jazz Version

Why in the World Why Adventureland should have this Show?

Adventureland is pretty dead at night, so the thought process it to change that with this show. Give people a reason to come here at night, distribute crowds more evenly throughout the park, make the lines less on the mine train.

Plus, this will given Jungle Cruise more of a story in Adventureland, giving it a nice balance between it's Polynesia, Pirates and Arabian influence.

JokersWild

An Evening with S.E.A - Trenton Big Thunder Mountain Railroads
Coming soon to Animal Kingdom, a new experience will spring up in the rather sparse Asia section of the park that will further the hidden story of S.E.A., the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, that has had a presence in Tokyo DisneySEA and Hong Kong Disneyland. Guests will meet a few members of this elusive society. Let's meet them now.

Lawrence and Molly Walker
These twins, though obviously knowledgeable, are very awkward and bumbling. They both wear full khaki clothing, and carry very large, very high tech-looking, equipment that they consistently drop or use improperly. They very quickly and excitedly approach guests, asking if they saw strange rumblings in the dense jungles just off the path, usually blaming some strange mysterious beast that no one has ever heard of. Sometimes, they get guest in on the action, gleefully forcing them help with the search and mishandle equipment. Dr. Samuel Bell (discussed below) will quickly shoo the guests from the twins, asking to please let them search in peace and not to encourage them. The twins will also sometimes pick up items they claim to have been dropped by the mysterious beast (it’s usually a rock) and bring it to Dr. Bell, who will promptly scold them.

Yuri Markovich
Yuri Markovich is a very strange character. Like the others, he is dressed in khaki clothing, but his clothing seems much cleaner and he looks much more presentable. He also sports a very well groomed, dark brown beard. He keeps mostly to himself in the party’s tent, not really engaging with the guests. On occasion, however, his defenses will lower and he’ll have short, very thickly accented conversations with the guests, talking to them about the beauty of the jungle and how he’s just here to view the exotic flora and fauna. Of course, guests can tell that something is not quite right due to his general evasiveness and the fact that the tent he is relegated to is full of high tech equipment.

Dr. Sam Bell
Dr. Bell is really there for crowd control and controlling the twins. Again, he sports all khaki attire, and really just tries to control the twins as well as scold them when they do stupid things like call rocks animal droppings, or follow a tree root thinking it’s an animal’s tail or a snake. Dr. Bell is slightly concerned about the guests and about the twin’s eagerness to get guests to help. It’s very obvious that something is being hidden.

Assistants
These assistants are really just nameless cast members who are there to further the story, whether they are there searching in the jungles for...something, helping Dr. Bell control the crowd, or making sure that Yuri Markovich is comfortable. They are always in the background, silently furthering the story and experience.

The Tent
The tent is really one of the most important parts of the story. It’s really just a large open air canvas tent. Most of it is taken up by large computers and various cages where equipment is held. On some of the computer monitors are very blurry pictures of a jungle with a very large bird-looking creature bathed in shadow. The backs of these computers are marked with three letters: “S.E.A.”

In the back of the tent, guests find themselves in a lounge area, very obviously created for Yuri Markovich. The lounge is rather ornate. A few large chairs are placed around a medium-sized mahogany table, which is also labeled with the letters “S.E.A.” in a beautifully done gold etching. Behind the table is a small travel bar (not open to guests) filled with vintage whiskeys and wines.

On the table, guests can see a series of journals and textbook-looking books, all seeming to have formerly belonged to a Harrison Hightower, dated 1893. According to the journals and pictures in the larger books, Hightower, along with other S.E.A. member Meriwether Pleasure, went on an expedition through Asia to search for a mysterious animal known by the locals as “Woke Chi”, or Winged Walker in English. This ferocious beast used to attack very Chinese villages, stealing livestock and terrorizing the villagers. According to these notes, this beast is very large animal, almost the size of an Ostrich and is able to fly like a normal, everyday bird. The Hightower-Pleasure Expedition came up inconclusive as nothing was found other than preserved droppings and footprints, and one very blurry picture. The opened text book gives an artist’s rendering of the creature, and it seems rather ferocious. Markovich will occasionally try to steer guests away from the open notebook and textbooks, to no avail.

In the jungle surrounding the group, guests can sometimes hear faint, bird-like roars from deep within. The occasional rustling in bushes can also sometimes be seen.

Why Animal Kingdom?
Just figured a small bit of explanation was due.

Animal Kingdom needs help. Anything. Really. There's not a whole lot to it, and it needs all the help it can get. Even smaller things like this can bring AK up a notch, and really help set the park in the right direction. Anything to entertain guests, really. Also, it doesn't hurt to further the surprisingly unknown and neglected story of S.E.A.

comics101

Just wanted to apologize to my team for going missing, and make my resignation official...between work and finals I just don't have the time to commit to the game. Maybe over the summer as my schedule clears up I'll be able to join another one, though. @LittleGiants16, thanks for putting it together, it's been great following the projects so far!

mharrington

This was thrown together at the last minute. I've been forced to do the project myself because my teammate, englanddg, had gone AWOL on me. I myself have been preoccupied with school finals and just general life. At any rate, if my teammate is unreliable, how can I work in a team?

Challenge 2 - Team pARRites! - Street Performers

This street performer, or rather, set of performers, is found on Main Street USA:
magic-kingdom.jpg

Who are these two performers, you may ask? They are a couple of quack medicine men, one named Doc Terminus and his lackey, Hoagy, based on the two rogues from "Pete's Dragon":
petesdragon-03.jpg

They drive out on a makeshift boat on wheels and bring it to a stop in the middle of the street:
petes-dragon-disneyscreencaps.com-4479.jpg

They set up their business there in the street and entice guests to step right up and buy some of their elixirs.
petes-dragon-disneyscreencaps.com-4799.jpg

This "elixir" is actually a slurpy in disguise, ideal for drinking in the hot day, so it does cure something, like the need to cool off. They lure the guests by performing a version of "Every Little Piece" (taken from "Pete's Dragon"), making it clear that you must buy their product up front, with no free samples. As part of their song, they plan to catch a dragon named Elliott to use in their elixirs. Here's their song, lifted from the film:

As they refer directly to using the dragon in their products in the film, this will be a slightly different version, used to lure guests, although, as I said before, they do mention trying to find the dragon. After a few minutes of enticing potential customers, Doc Terminus and Hoagy pull up stakes and announce that they must leave now, because they are looking for Elliott. Then they drive their boat-car off, singing the actual version of "Every Little Piece" every step of the way.

Like I said, it was thrown together at the last minute.

Last edited:

RMichael21

This was thrown together at the last minute. I've been forced to do the project myself because my teammate, englanddg, had gone AWOL on me. I myself have been preoccupied with school finals and just general life. At any rate, if my teammate is unreliable, how can I work in a team?

Challenge 2 - Team pARRites! - Street Performers

This street performer, or rather, set of performers, is found on Main Street USA:
magic-kingdom.jpg

Who are these two performers, you may ask? They are a couple of quack medicine men, one named Doc Terminus and his lackey, Hoagy, based on the two rogues from "Pete's Dragon":
petesdragon-03.jpg

They drive out on a makeshift boat on wheels and bring it to a stop in the middle of the street:
petes-dragon-disneyscreencaps.com-4479.jpg

They set up their business there in the street and entice guests to step right up and buy some of their elixirs.
petes-dragon-disneyscreencaps.com-4799.jpg

This "elixir" is actually a slurpy in disguise, ideal for drinking in the hot day, so it does cure something, like the need to cool off. They lure the guests by performing a version of "Every Little Piece" (taken from "Pete's Dragon"), making it clear that you must buy their product up front, with no free samples. As part of their song, they plan to catch a dragon named Elliott to use in their elixirs. Here's their song, lifted from the film:

As they refer directly to using the dragon in their products in the film, this will be a slightly different version, used to lure guests, although, as I said before, they do mention trying to find the dragon. After a few minutes of enticing potential customers, Doc Terminus and Hoagy pull up stakes and announce that they must leave now, because they are looking for Elliott. Then they drive their boat-car off, singing the actual version of "Every Little Piece" every step of the way.

Like I said, it was thrown together at the last minute.

You shouldn't blame @englanddg for your thrown together submission. Sure he did go AWOL, but if he was gone for a long period of time, you should have noticed and continued without him until he returned. Just my thoughts.

mharrington

You shouldn't blame @englanddg for your thrown together submission. Sure he did go AWOL, but if he was gone for a long period of time, you should have noticed and continued without him until he returned. Just my thoughts.

Well, we're supposed to be working in a team, as per LG's say-so, but if my teammate is gone, that's not working in a team, and I shouldn't have to shoulder the whole responsibility of a whole project myself. There's an old saying, "There's no 'I' in 'team'." Besides, I didn't notice that he was missing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom