Spring Training Anyone?

mharrington

I'd prefer you didn't/I'm not planning on it.

The only reason I suggested a new thread is to keep things from getting lost in the shuffle. I'm also quite sure that this thread might end up becoming one of the longest on the forum in terms of replies (at least in the Imagineering section).

RMichael21

I'm sorry, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it posted in time so I had to do it right then or never. I hope Little Giants understands.

RMichael21

Also, I'm recommending a new schedule. For people like myself, I have very busy weekdays. Weekends however are mostly free. So I think we should change the schedule to have challenges be do on Sundays so people like me can work better and have more time to fully flesh out their ideas.

RMichael21

The Penguin Waiters (@RMicheal21 , @Matt7187 and @comics101 ) present...

Welcome to Leon Cortez's Adventure Miniature Golf! Here, you'll go on a mini golf adventure of a lifetime. Located to the north-east of Disney's Animal Kingdom, this mini golf experience displays the different places and cultures of the world.

Backstory: The world's greatest explorer, Leon Cortez, has just returned from his expedition around the world. (He is named after two famous explorers. Ponce de Leon and conquistador Hernan Cortez). In the few weeks after his journey, Leon shared his adventures with many people and explained how the different regions of the world are rich with culture and filled to the brim with diverse sights and people. Leon wanted, however, to share his story with more people then he had ever met. But how? Make a scrap book? No, to small scale. Maybe make a giant ice sculpture? Not that, it would melt. Then, Leon stumbled across the perfect solution. Make a miniature golf course themed after the different countries and regions of the world. So Leon built a mini golf course like no other. Finally, after many years of well spent money (he was rich from the treasures he found on his adventure) and construction, Leon Cortez's Adventure Miniature Golf opened to outstanding reviews and is still delighting guest today.

Experience: This mini golf course is located inside a large building to the north-east of Disney's Animal Kingdom. You can arrive by car or by one of Disney's resort hotel buses. When you enter the building, you will see a spacious entry room with maps, photographs and paintings of the countries of the world all over the walls. When you walk up to the front desk, the greeter will ask for the person's name who made your reservation. Yes, a reservation. Walk-ups are excepted, but they are very rare as time slots are often filled up. Anyway, you will understand why you need a reservation later on. You check in and are then taken to a large trough full of colorful golf balls. You pick one you like and a putter that fits your height the best and this is where the Disney magic comes into play. You can actually make your reservation online, on the My Disney Experience app or on the phone. When you make your reservation you give the names of the people in your party. Back at the mini golf adventure, you will receive an RFID card (or you can use a magic band) that has you name in the chip. Then, you will connect your magic band/RFID card to your special RFID golf ball. That way, when you get your golf ball in the hole on the course, a message will pop up somewhere that says something like, "Good Job Bob!" or "Hole in One! Congrats Joe!" If the guests "walk up" without a reservation, (and if there is a time slot available) this option will not work for them unless they have a magic band. After connecting the golf balls to the guests, visitors will enter the pre show room where the backstory will be explained in detail. Finally, proceed to the first room where you can begin playing. The building is made up of 11 rooms. 1 entry room, one exit and 9 course rooms. Each individual room is themed after a certain region or country. The reason why guests should make a reservation is because there are time slots for every 5-10 minutes depending on the season and the amount of reservations reserved. These times are moderately enforced. Next, at the beginning of the experience, you will be given a small sized burlap bag, in which you will be able to collect the "treasures" you receive at the end of each hole.

Hole 1: Alaska
Welcome to America's Last Frontier! All the eyes can see in this room is ice, ice, and more ice. But there is a tiny village in the distance. The "greens" are all whited out with chunks of ice blocking your direct view of the hole. Once the ball enters the hole, an oil rig to your left will activate, moving up and down spurting "oil" into a pond right next to it. Near the exit, a totem pole will open up revealing a smaller wooden totem pole for you to keep.

Hole #2 Native American Village
You enter the village to see tepees alongside the greens painted in traditional styles. The objective is to hit the ball into the teepee directly in front of you. Seems easy enough, but here is the catch. If you do not get it on your first try, an actor dressed as a traditional Indian will kick your ball wherever he pleases, making it an additional challenge for the guests. Once completed, the sun above you congratulates you, and the actor gives you a blesses arrowhead which will keep you safe as long as you have it in your pocket.

Hole #3 Brazil
You have entered a lush, tropical rainforest in the heart of Brazil. You hear the birds cawing from the trees around you. Once your group completes the hole, which involves a couple turns and one drop, you see a group of ghosts in front of you, which are the Caipora, which legend has they haunt the lost travelers of the jungle. They try to spook you, but then disappear, leaving a little piece of Aztec gold behind for everyone.

Hole 4: Pacific Ocean
Walk down a ramp and venture Under the Sea. Surrounded by an aquarium, this hole is full of obstacles made of coral reef. At the end of the hole, you will receive a miniature seashell. With fish swimming all around you, this is one of the most unique rooms In the adventure.

Hole 5: Australia.
This hole would make WED99 proud! Surrounded by amazing rock work and fake trees, you will be immersed In a spectacular experience with many obstacles blocking you from achieving an easy Hole in one. After you are finished, an AA kangaroo will give you a stuffed koala as a treasure right out of his pouch! Also, look out for Roo, form Winnie the Pooh, somewhere on the horizon.

Hole 6: Ancient China
Taken back in time to the days of Ancient China, you will see a spectacular view of the Great Wall in the distance. With many ancient swords and shields blocking your easy success, this hole will be a great challenge to those non-pro golfers. At the end of the course, a clay solider statue will despense little mini solider figures made of plastic for you to keep.

Hole 7: Scotland
Home of the Loch ness Monster, this whole will pay tribute to the beautiful countryside of Scotland. With many beautiful topiaries around the course, this will a sight to see. He crowning jewel however, is the Loch Ness monster. You must hit your golf ball through Nessie's mouth in order to score a hole in one! After completing this hole, you receive a small, Loch Ness monster plush toy.

Hole 8: Egypt
Walk into the desert like room with the pyramids of Giza off in the distance. Try to avoid the booby traps that are set off in certain areas of the course. Finally, to get your ball into the hole, hit it into the middle of the sphinx and it's eyes will grow red, dispensing your ball, as well as a piece of fake Egyptian jewelry.

Hole 9: France
Your on a Parisian rooftop wig the Eiffel Tower in the distance and you must maneuver your golf ball around certain obstacles like mini statues and painting like the Mona Lisa. To get to the end of the hole, and the corse, hit your ball into a larger hole then usual and your ball will be sent back the front desk. After, you will receive a small fake piece if artisan bread.

For time restraints we could only do 9 holes.

We chose to do this mini golf course because we feel that this kind of adventure isn't anywhere else in the world and that WDW could use another recreational activity that involved family fun.

Here are the two pictures of our golf course.
Alaska:

image.jpg

Australia:
image.jpg

Sorry for the poor drawing and photo quality.

That's all.:)

Last edited:

Vipraa

Mysterious Island Mini Golf

vulcania.jpg

Theme:
Polynesia and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Backstory:
Springing up at the Walt Disney World resort is the strange and exotic Mysterious Island, home to the enigmatic Captain Nemo. Explore his fantastic and mysterious world on land and through the depths of the ocean uncovering many secrets along the way. First explore Nemo’s tropical home base of Vulcania where he designed and built the Nautilus as well as many other unknown futuristic designs. Next dive into the cool depths of the ocean with the Nautilus and explore fantastic shipwrecks and treasure while evading the dangers that the oceans depths hide.

Untitled-2small.jpg

The area contains 2 separate mini golf courses, the outdoor Vulcania Course on the 2nd story and the indoor Nautilus course on the first floor. Having the 2 separate floor saves space and enhances the show aspect of both courses. It gives the added benefit of being able to use the Nautilus course without getting wet in the frequent Florida rain.

Next to the Transportation and Ticketing Center opposite the Polynesian Resort.

Example Holes:
Below are 2 examples of holes at this attraction, one from the Nautilus Course and one from the Vulcania Course.

Shipwreck Hole

This is an early to midway hole within the Nautilus mini golf course so as a result its relatively easy from a difficulty stand point. The main feature is the 15 foot shipwreck at the midpoint of the hole. There is a ascending bank on the turn by the shipwreck to help balls make the sharp turn to the hole. 2 small rock formations help divide the course and add a small amount of difficulty.

Golf Holes Shipwreck.jpg

Volcano Hole

This is the Finale hole in the Vulcania mini golf course so the difficulty level is high. The main feature of the hole is the large 40 foot tall Volcano which is also a interactive part of the hole. There are 3 separate transition holes from the first part of the course to the final part. The Red passage is the most desirable but hardest to achieve requiring passage up a narrow bridge into the Volcano. The players ball will then be deposited right by the hole for a possible hole in one. As an added bonus when someone sinks a putt into the red passage the Volcano will rumble to life and belch out large amounts of smoke effects. Players must be careful when going for the red passage hoverer because if you miss you can end up in the undesirable Yellow passage. This passage will deposit the players ball the farthest distance away from the hole with multiple obstacles in the way. Finally there is the Blue passage which is relatively easy to sink. This is the middle ground hole for those who dont want to risk the red passage and will place the players ball a moderate distance away from the hole.

Golf Holes Volcano.jpg

Why we chose this Concept:

We chose this concept for a few different reasons. First is because the Magic Kingdom area does not currently have a mini golf course. Second is that it fits in relatively easily with the theme of the Polynesian Resort as 20,000 Leagues takes place in the South Pacific. And Third is that it takes an existing IP that is underutilized in the resort similarly to Fantasia Gardens.

We hope you have enjoyed our presentation of the Mysterious Island Mini Golf

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge 1 - Team pARRites! - Hole In One
2309.gif

So I play a lot of golf, I really like golf, and I really really like the miniature golf course Fantasy Fairways. With that being said, that course is hard and doesn't appeal to most people. I understand that there are three other courses on WDW property, but I really like mini golf, so you're all going to build me another one!

A theme
Backstory (if appropriate, and it usually is)
Give me two hole designs (I want pictures of both of them)
Why you chose the concept you did

You can use four pictures total, but two of them have to be of your hole designs.

Backstory
After moving from California to Florida, the Disney stars wanted a place to kick back, relax, and enjoy the a nineteenth hole.

So, Donald, Mickey and Goofy got together and founded the club.

The course will be located between Pop Century and Art of Animation, on the north end of the Lake. This offers hotel guests staying at either resort a fun entertainment venue as well as increases offsite traffic to the area to promote the resorts.

The Course

The golf course.

What a wonderful place to spend your time. Even Goofy agrees!

The beautiful fairways, the amazing greens. The SMELL of fresh cut bermuda as your ball zips across it for a hole in 12?

z2yv.jpg

This is the essence of Golf. And it's the civilized man's sport.

don_golf.jpg

So, welcome to Duck Putt!

This is a mini-golf course aimed around classic Disney characters. When you visit, you'll be treated with zany experiences, family laughs and fantastic enjoyment.

As you enter, you'll find a waiting room that is littered with TV's dressed in a classic style. These TVs will be playing classing golf oriented Disney cartoons, as illustrated above.

The entire course is based on classic Donald Duck and nephews adventures.

For example, as you enter the course, this tee awaits.

8589130450063-mickey-donald-duck-cartoons-wallpaper-hd-4-jpg.52352

Your goal is to putt through this mess.

As you continue through the course, you'll find a series of holes that hearken back to the days when Donald cartoons ruled the silver screen.

Later on, holes would include water challenges that wind their way through the property.

eyr5.jpg

Throughout the experience, various screens would project Donald or his nephews on them, and encourage the players.

At the final hole, an animetronic Donald and nephews that would interact with the guests based on their putting ability, making wry commends or cheering their abilities!

Balls would be tracked using a chip system implanted within each ball which could track it's path.

In all the entire experience is as classic as it is fun.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
All, I did not participate much at all in this. I've had a very busy week at work, and I apologize publicly to my teammate. These are his ideas, largely, and he should get credit for them.

I apologize to him, and to you all, for not being on top of this as much as I should, but real life trumps fun sometimes. It's been a pleasure, and please understand that this team was hampered, by me.

So, whilst judging, realize, he pulled all this weight himself, for the most part. I did very little outside of post the final results.

jdmdisney99

Welcome to Disney's Hollywood Hills!
upload_2014-5-1_23-49-22.jpeg

So @ctxak98 thought we should do a film based course. We went back and forth on which film to choose, and finally decided on all of them! The course is located just east of DHS. The entrance is the old Hollywoodland sign on a faux hill. Each hole is themed to a different film. For example, here is the Star Wars hole...
Slide1.JPG

Called "The Trench Run", this hole forces (pun intended) golfers to choose one of two "trenches" through a model Death Star. The most convenient trench is a diversion, with the far one on target on the hole.
Here is another one. This is the Muppets hole...
Slide2.JPG

Called "The Rainbow Connection", this punny hole offers a large scale replica of Kermit and Miss Piggy, and offers three options of multilevel pathways for golfballs to take.
the-muppets-rainbow-connection.jpg

That's our course! Other franchises include Indiana Jones, Mary Poppins, Pirates of the Caribbean, Frozen, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and many more. Thanks for reading!

Sam Magic

All, I did not participate much at all in this. I've had a very busy week at work, and I apologize publicly to my teammate. These are his ideas, largely, and he should get credit for them.

I apologize to him, and to you all, for not being on top of this as much as I should, but real life trumps fun sometimes. It's been a pleasure, and please understand that this team was hampered, by me.

So, whilst judging, realize, he pulled all this weight himself, for the most part. I did very little outside of post the final results.
:jawdrop:! Well done mates, well done!
Welcome to Disney's Hollywood Hills!
View attachment 52357

So @ctxak98 thought we should do a film based course. We went back and forth on which film to choose, and finally decided on all of them! The course is located just east of DHS. The entrance is the old Hollywoodland sign on a faux hill. Each hole is themed to a different film. For example, here is the Star Wars hole...
View attachment 52359
Called "The Trench Run", this hole forces (pun intended) golfers to choose one of two "trenches" through a model Death Star. The most convenient trench is a diversion, with the far one on target on the hole.
Here is another one. This is the Muppets hole...
View attachment 52362
Called "The Rainbow Connection", this punny hole offers a large scale replica of Kermit and Miss Piggy, and offers three options of multilevel pathways for golfballs to take.
the-muppets-rainbow-connection.jpg

That's our course! Other franchises include Indiana Jones, Mary Poppins, Pirates of the Caribbean, Frozen, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Lion King, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and many more. Thanks for reading!
I love this idea! Great job!
Mysterious Island Mini Golf

vulcania.jpg

Theme:
Polynesia and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Backstory:
Springing up at the Walt Disney World resort is the strange and exotic Mysterious Island, home to the enigmatic Captain Nemo. Explore his fantastic and mysterious world on land and through the depths of the ocean uncovering many secrets along the way. First explore Nemo’s tropical home base of Vulcania where he designed and built the Nautilus as well as many other unknown futuristic designs. Next dive into the cool depths of the ocean with the Nautilus and explore fantastic shipwrecks and treasure while evading the dangers that the oceans depths hide.

Untitled-2small.jpg

The area contains 2 separate mini golf courses, the outdoor Vulcania Course on the 2nd story and the indoor Nautilus course on the first floor. Having the 2 separate floor saves space and enhances the show aspect of both courses. It gives the added benefit of being able to use the Nautilus course without getting wet in the frequent Florida rain.

Next to the Transportation and Ticketing Center opposite the Polynesian Resort.

Example Holes:
Below are 2 examples of holes at this attraction, one from the Nautilus Course and one from the Vulcania Course.

Shipwreck Hole

This is an early to midway hole within the Nautilus mini golf course so as a result its relatively easy from a difficulty stand point. The main feature is the 15 foot shipwreck at the midpoint of the hole. There is a ascending bank on the turn by the shipwreck to help balls make the sharp turn to the hole. 2 small rock formations help divide the course and add a small amount of difficulty.

View attachment 52347

Volcano Hole

This is the Finale hole in the Vulcania mini golf course so the difficulty level is high. The main feature of the hole is the large 40 foot tall Volcano which is also a interactive part of the hole. There are 3 separate transition holes from the first part of the course to the final part. The Red passage is the most desirable but hardest to achieve requiring passage up a narrow bridge into the Volcano. The players ball will then be deposited right by the hole for a possible hole in one. As an added bonus when someone sinks a putt into the red passage the Volcano will rumble to life and belch out large amounts of smoke effects. Players must be careful when going for the red passage hoverer because if you miss you can end up in the undesirable Yellow passage. This passage will deposit the players ball the farthest distance away from the hole with multiple obstacles in the way. Finally there is the Blue passage which is relatively easy to sink. This is the middle ground hole for those who dont want to risk the red passage and will place the players ball a moderate distance away from the hole.

View attachment 52348

Why we chose this Concept:

We chose this concept for a few different reasons. First is because the Magic Kingdom area does not currently have a mini golf course. Second is that it fits in relatively easily with the theme of the Polynesian Resort as 20,000 Leagues takes place in the South Pacific. And Third is that it takes an existing IP that is underutilized in the resort similarly to Fantasia Gardens.

We hope you have enjoyed our presentation of the Mysterious Island Mini Golf
Very creative and way out of the box!
The Penguin Waiters (@RMicheal21 , @Matt7187 and @comics101 ) present...

Welcome to Leon Cortez's Adventure Miniature Golf! Here, you'll go on a mini golf adventure of a lifetime. Located to the north-east of Disney's Animal Kingdom, this mini golf experience displays the different places and cultures of the world.

Backstory: The world's greatest explorer, Leon Cortez, has just returned from his expedition around the world. (He is named after two famous explorers. Ponce de Leon and conquistador Hernan Cortez). In the few weeks after his journey, Leon shared his adventures with many people and explained how the different regions of the world are rich with culture and filled to the brim with diverse sights and people. Leon wanted, however, to share his story with more people then he had ever met. But how? Make a scrap book? No, to small scale. Maybe make a giant ice sculpture? Not that, it would melt. Then, Leon stumbled across the perfect solution. Make a miniature golf course themed after the different countries and regions of the world. So Leon built a mini golf course like no other. Finally, after many years of well spent money (he was rich from the treasures he found on his adventure) and construction, Leon Cortez's Adventure Miniature Golf opened to outstanding reviews and is still delighting guest today.

Experience: This mini golf course is located inside a large building to the north-east of Disney's Animal Kingdom. You can arrive by car or by one of Disney's resort hotel buses. When you enter the building, you will see a spacious entry room with maps, photographs and paintings of the countries of the world all over the walls. When you walk up to the front desk, the greeter will ask for the person's name who made your reservation. Yes, a reservation. Walk-ups are excepted, but they are very rare as time slots are often filled up. Anyway, you will understand why you need a reservation later on. You check in and are then taken to a large trough full of colorful golf balls. You pick one you like and a putter that fits your height the best and this is where the Disney magic comes into play. You can actually make your reservation online, on the My Disney Experience app or on the phone. When you make your reservation you give the names of the people in your party. Back at the mini golf adventure, you will receive an RFID card (or you can use a magic band) that has you name in the chip. Then, you will connect your magic band/RFID card to your special RFID golf ball. That way, when you get your golf ball in the hole on the course, a message will pop up somewhere that says something like, "Good Job Bob!" or "Hole in One! Congrats Joe!" If the guests "walk up" without a reservation, (and if there is a time slot available) this option will not work for them unless they have a magic band. After connecting the golf balls to the guests, visitors will enter the pre show room where the backstory will be explained in detail. Finally, proceed to the first room where you can begin playing. The building is made up of 11 rooms. 1 entry room, one exit and 9 course rooms. Each individual room is themed after a certain region or country. The reason why guests should make a reservation is because there are time slots for every 5-10 minutes depending on the season and the amount of reservations reserved. These times are moderately enforced. Next, at the beginning of the experience, you will be given a small sized burlap bag, in which you will be able to collect the "treasures" you receive at the end of each hole.

Hole 1: Alaska
Welcome to America's Last Frontier! All the eyes can see in this room is ice, ice, and more ice. But there is a tiny village in the distance. The "greens" are all whited out with chunks of ice blocking your direct view of the hole. Once the ball enters the hole, an oil rig to your left will activate, moving up and down spurting "oil" into a pond right next to it. Near the exit, a totem pole will open up revealing a smaller wooden totem pole for you to keep.

Hole #2 Native American Village
You enter the village to see tepees alongside the greens painted in traditional styles. The objective is to hit the ball into the teepee directly in front of you. Seems easy enough, but here is the catch. If you do not get it on your first try, an actor dressed as a traditional Indian will kick your ball wherever he pleases, making it an additional challenge for the guests. Once completed, the sun above you congratulates you, and the actor gives you a blesses arrowhead which will keep you safe as long as you have it in your pocket.

Hole #3 Brazil
You have entered a lush, tropical rainforest in the heart of Brazil. You hear the birds cawing from the trees around you. Once your group completes the hole, which involves a couple turns and one drop, you see a group of ghosts in front of you, which are the Caipora, which legend has they haunt the lost travelers of the jungle. They try to spook you, but then disappear, leaving a little piece of Aztec gold behind for everyone.

Hole 4: Pacific Ocean
Walk down a ramp and venture Under the Sea. Surrounded by an aquarium, this hole is full of obstacles made of coral reef. At the end of the hole, you will receive a miniature seashell. With fish swimming all around you, this is one of the most unique rooms In the adventure.

Hole 5: Australia.
This hole would make WED99 proud! Surrounded by amazing rock work and fake trees, you will be immersed In a spectacular experience with many obstacles blocking you from achieving an easy Hole in one. After you are finished, an AA kangaroo will give you a stuffed koala as a treasure right out of his pouch! Also, look out for Roo, form Winnie the Pooh, somewhere on the horizon.

Hole 6: Ancient China
Taken back in time to the days of Ancient China, you will see a spectacular view of the Great Wall in the distance. With many ancient swords and shields blocking your easy success, this hole will be a great challenge to those non-pro golfers. At the end of the course, a clay solider statue will despense little mini solider figures made of plastic for you to keep.

Hole 7: Scotland
Home of the Loch ness Monster, this whole will pay tribute to the beautiful countryside of Scotland. With many beautiful topiaries around the course, this will a sight to see. He crowning jewel however, is the Loch Ness monster. You must hit your golf ball through Nessie's mouth in order to score a hole in one! After completing this hole, you receive a small, Loch Ness monster plush toy.

Hole 8: Egypt
Walk into the desert like room with the pyramids of Giza off in the distance. Try to avoid the booby traps that are set off in certain areas of the course. Finally, to get your ball into the hole, hit it into the middle of the sphinx and it's eyes will grow red, dispensing your ball, as well as a piece of fake Egyptian jewelry.

Hole 9: France
Your on a Parisian rooftop wig the Eiffel Tower in the distance and you must maneuver your golf ball around certain obstacles like mini statues and painting like the Mona Lisa. To get to the end of the hole, and the corse, hit your ball into a larger hole then usual and your ball will be sent back the front desk. After, you will receive a small fake piece if artisan bread.

For time restraints we could only do 9 holes.

We chose to do this mini golf course because we feel that this kind of adventure isn't anywhere else in the world and that WDW could use another recreational activity that involved family fun.

Here are the two pictures of our golf course.
Alaska:

View attachment 52344

Australia:
View attachment 52345
Sorry for the poor drawing and photo quality.

That's all.:)
This is a really great idea, well done guys!

Sam Magic

First off, thanks everyone for submitting! Second, I may or may not switch up the schedule for next week. So stay tuned for that. I'll try to have results up by Saturday night and a new challenge up shortly thereafter. But, again, thanks for participating everyone. It really is great to see all five teams submit!
Whoo! I think this is a first in like six months...lol. Good job everyone one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom