Spring Break crowds, how bad is it?

ml123_9

Hello all, we are going to MK for a day the last week of March. Never been during this time and I am just wondering what to expect. I'm a little worried.

Schneewittchen

And it won't be nearly as bad as Easter week.

Before my kids were in school, we would go to WDW around March 20 - 25th. It wasn't too bad, walk-ons for most rides in the morning. Short or no lines to meet characters.

Upvote 0

G8rchamps

We are going the 18th-25th. Planning to relax Sunday then park on the weekdays. We are Fl residents and that is our county spring break, but they are all different. Our plan is to rope drop then FP one before lunch and 2 after - any other rides in the afternoon will depend on wait time - or back to the resort. We are spoiled in that we go often and don't feel the need to "see it all" but we expect the headliners to be 60+ by noon or 1. Set the correct expectations and hope to be surprised - most of all have a great trip!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

Original Poster
We are going the 18th-25th. Planning to relax Sunday then park on the weekdays. We are Fl residents and that is our county spring break, but they are all different. Our plan is to rope drop then FP one before lunch and 2 after - any other rides in the afternoon will depend on wait time - or back to the resort. We are spoiled in that we go often and don't feel the need to "see it all" but we expect the headliners to be 60+ by noon or 1. Set the correct expectations and hope to be surprised - most of all have a great trip!

We will be there the 28th, hopefully most of FL follows suit with your spring break dates.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

We're going the weekend before Easter specifically because it's our spring break (wife is a public school teacher, so options outside of the summer are limited). Planning a much more "laid back" trip with fewer must-do rides and more focus on relaxing at our resort/Disney Springs and enjoying some of the more atmospheric attractions (street performances at MK and Epcot, for example).

On the other hand, we've done post-Christmas crowds twice and NYE once, so by comparison it can't be that bad..right??? :p

Upvote 0

Capsin4

Just get to the parks an hour before open with a plan of what to do in the first couple hours and also make sure to leverage your FPs of course. Picking the right day of the week can help too.

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Hello all, we are going to MK for a day the last week of March. Never been during this time and I am just wondering what to expect. I'm a little worried.
I think some folks are underestimating crowds during this time. The last few times I've tried going to the parks between Spring Break and Easter (last year especially) has been miserably crowded. Wall to wall people. Much higher than summer crowds but not as crowded as the Christmas Holiday. Crowd calendars this time of year get tricky because it's impossible to know which week is Spring break for every school system in the country. Factor in guests not specifically there for Spring break and the number of parents take kids out of school just for Disney (my opinion is not a popular one on this issue) and it is a recipe for crowded parks. That being said if you have finely tuned a plan of action you should still be fine. Planning is the key to any successful WDW vacation. I'm not trying to be a downer, I just think you should be prepared. If for some miracle crowds are lighter then that's just a plus.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

We're going the weekend before Easter specifically because it's our spring break (wife is a public school teacher, so options outside of the summer are limited). Planning a much more "laid back" trip with fewer must-do rides and more focus on relaxing at our resort/Disney Springs and enjoying some of the more atmospheric attractions (street performances at MK and Epcot, for example).

On the other hand, we've done post-Christmas crowds twice and NYE once, so by comparison it can't be that bad..right??? :p
This is us. We will be down there the same time as you. We are just going to go with the flow. We booked when we saw that Wishes was ending in May. That's our big "must do" item. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Mark P.

This is us. We will be down there the same time as you. We are just going to go with the flow. We booked when we saw that Wishes was ending in May. That's our big "must do" item. Have a great trip!
Precisely. Got our FP+ for Rivers of Light and we'll be camped out on the Hub grass an hour before Wishes. Everything else will just be a bonus. Godspeed!

Upvote 0

Frogglet

We will be there the first week of April for the same reason. Hubby is a teacher and time off is very limited and I didn't want to do a summer trip. Planning on just dealing with it but I did plan park hoppers so we can move to a different park if we feel too crowded. Being a west coaster it is going to be hard to get the kids up for rope drop but I am going to try without pushing them too far. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom