Spring '04 Round-Up

MicBat

Originally posted by DisneyJill
I haven't received the card yet and I sent in my money about a month and a half ago. I dunno what's up, I'm just glad they're so obviously organized. :hammer: :hammer:
HA!! Obviously real organised!! I've yet to receive my packet!!!... 4 weeks this tuesday and everyone else at my university has gotten something.

aim

:wave: Hiya guys. IF I get in, I am up for meeting! I think it's a GREAT idea! My AIM is:

WDWbabe03

kal1484

Originally posted by MicBat
HA!! Obviously real organised!! I've yet to receive my packet!!!... 4 weeks this tuesday and everyone else at my university has gotten something.

I second that, cept only a couple people have gotten their letters.

pyschotropic

I had also sent in my money like a month ago and I still have not received anything yet confiming my position. It takes them so long
to do everything the waiting just drives you crazy oh well it's definitely worth it. I have a question though if I go down there with family when I arrive will they provide me with my park pass and will I have time to explore with everyone?

DisneyJill

Original Poster
Originally posted by pyschotropic
I had also sent in my money like a month ago and I still have not received anything yet confiming my position. It takes them so long
to do everything the waiting just drives you crazy oh well it's definitely worth it. I have a question though if I go down there with family when I arrive will they provide me with my park pass and will I have time to explore with everyone?

You won't get your cast member ID card until you've completed Traditions. That's part of your training that day, is receiving your card. So, no, you won't be able to get into the parks yet and your cast member discount won't be applicable.

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisneyJill
You won't get your cast member ID card until you've completed Traditions. That's part of your training that day, is receiving your card. So, no, you won't be able to get into the parks yet and your cast member discount won't be applicable.

on your check in day, you will receive your Vista (or chatham) ID. You get your Disney ID at traditions, probobly the next day. But, you can get in the parks using your vista ID, untill you get your cast id. If you go to a park and present them with your Vista ID, and it shows that your check in date was within the last few days, they will let you in on that. Thats what i was officially trained to do when i was a park greeter.

DisneyJill

Original Poster
Originally posted by bamboo7
on your check in day, you will receive your Vista (or chatham) ID. You get your Disney ID at traditions, probobly the next day. But, you can get in the parks using your vista ID, untill you get your cast id. If you go to a park and present them with your Vista ID, and it shows that your check in date was within the last few days, they will let you in on that. Thats what i was officially trained to do when i was a park greeter.

My bad. I thought that's what I had been told. *shrugs*

TURKEY

Originally posted by bamboo7

They had our ids ready on our check-in day. We got our nametags, cast ids, and housing ids during check in.

Of course, we got to check in at PI.

aim

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Yo, checkin' in...Jonnie linked me here... :D

(I'll be there so if you'll let an "outsider" join ya...I'd love to :D )

YAY! :sohappy: Brian's gonna be there! :kiss:

terry55

daughter

My daughter just found out she had been accepted to the program 2 days ago. We are very excited but a little scared about what to do. She is in her Freshman year at NC State university and is a little worried she may get behind. My worries are of Health Insurance since my provider will drop her coverage unless she is taking 12 hrs. at school. Any suggestions or solutions to this problem? By the way she will be in merchandise, is this a good area? We are disney freaks have been probably 30 times over thae last 10 yrs. She wants to go since she has a goal to work for Disney when she graduates. Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

DisneyJill

Original Poster
Congrats to your daughter! I can't really answer the getting behind question because I waited until my very last semester to do the CP and it counts for 14 hours of internship credit at my school, so the insurance thing isn't really a problem for me either. However, I have friends who have done the program and they have had no problems finishing on time. It may mean a semester or 2 at 18 hours, but that's not really that difficult. As far as insurance, however, Disney does offer temporary insurance to the CP'ers. If your daughter has received her packet in the mail already, there is a bruchure in that about what packages they offer. If not, the packet should be on its way with info. I am doing hospitality, but I think merchandising would be lots of fun--she could be anywhere, though. Any of the parks, resorts, at DTD, even at one of the water parks. But there would be tons of guest interaction and I think that would be a lot of fun. Good luck!! :)

egionet

Re: daughter

Originally posted by terry55
My daughter just found out she had been accepted to the program 2 days ago. We are very excited but a little scared about what to do. She is in her Freshman year at NC State university and is a little worried she may get behind. My worries are of Health Insurance since my provider will drop her coverage unless she is taking 12 hrs. at school. Any suggestions or solutions to this problem? By the way she will be in merchandise, is this a good area? We are disney freaks have been probably 30 times over thae last 10 yrs. She wants to go since she has a goal to work for Disney when she graduates. Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

I had the same problem with my health insurance, and my parents were all worried about it. But here at Clemson, we are allowed to sign up for a co-op and remain full time student. Usually insurance companies don't care as long as you're a full time student. Just call/email the insurance people and they'll tell you exactly what is needed for her.

As for graduating and being behind, that's not a huge deal. I've changed my major 3 times, and have transfered schools twice, and I'm still going to do the CP. Not finishing on time is not that big of a deal. I'm finally done after this semester, and it's taken me 4.5 years. Most students don't finish on time, so let her have some fun. I wish my parents would have let me go earlier in my schooling career. And if her goal is to work there after she graduates, let her get her foot in the door. All the CP can do it help her.

My best friend did merchandise one summer and loved it more than life itself. All I've heard is the program is great, and you'll get out of it what you put into it. Ultimately it's her decision, if you allow her to go! So give her the chance!

terry55

Beth my daughter goes to NC State so insurance may not be a problem for her either. She really wants to go and I think her arival date is Jan. 21 also. I am not worried about her getting behind and they tell me it is quite an honor to be chosen considering she is just a freshman. Thanks for your input maybe you and her can get to know each other doun there.

Terry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom