Sports Bar to watch MayMac fight

YoungUnited

Original Poster
Hello everyone, this is my very first post in this forum. Just found it online and as a big Disney fan like everyone in here, I loved it!

My question for you Disney World experts is this: where can I watch the Mayweather-McGregor fight this Saturday? I'll be staying with my girlfriend at the All-Star Music and we can't wait to watch that. We won't have a car but don't mind taking an Uber.

Any good recommendations for sports bar in Disney World Resort? I've tought of the ESPN Club or the Splitsville but I'm not sure if they'll show the fight there.

Regards!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
ESPN club is charging $100 I believe last I heard to get in, and Splitsville doesn't not have many TVS and they don't play sound they are at the bar area. Not sure on them about the fight. Most places everywhere are charging even locally all our sports bars are charging a minimum fee. Heard the cheapest in the Orlando area was $45 and was a good ways away but can't remember the name. I suggest calling around WDW area and seeing what the charge is and if you need to reserve a seat ahead of time as most are requiring that too. :)

YoungUnited

Original Poster
ESPN club is charging $100 I believe last I heard to get in, and Splitsville doesn't not have many TVS and they don't play sound they are at the bar area. Not sure on them about the fight. Most places everywhere are charging even locally all our sports bars are charging a minimum fee. Heard the cheapest in the Orlando area was $45 and was a good ways away but can't remember the name. I suggest calling around WDW area and seeing what the charge is and if you need to reserve a seat ahead of time as most are requiring that too. :)
Appreciate the info!

It's crazy that bars are charging for this... I'm from Canada and never heard anything like that up here, even for Super Bowl. Do you know by any chance if there's anything included with the $100 at ESPN? Or they're charging that just to get in? Honestly for that price I'd rather order it on my hotel room and pay for the pay-per-view myself.

sxeensweet

Appreciate the info!

It's crazy that bars are charging for this... I'm from Canada and never heard anything like that up here, even for Super Bowl. Do you know by any chance if there's anything included with the $100 at ESPN? Or they're charging that just to get in? Honestly for that price I'd rather order it on my hotel room and pay for the pay-per-view myself.
That I'm not sure of. You can call ESPN club directly to inquire. They charge also to keep it from getting slammed with people being this is such a high demand event. Crowd control. They only charge other than for this for the superbowl but that was cheaper. Most games and events they do not charge. :)

ABQ

Appreciate the info!

This taken from CharlestonPaper.com explains why it's so pricey. The Super Bowl, of course, is free to watch on broadcast TV, however, PPV fights....

There’s a reason for that — showing PPV fights in a commercial setting requires a license, and costs can be high.

Joe Hand Promotions, a Pennsylvania-based commercial pay-per-view distributer, holds the exclusive rights to distribute Mayweather vs. McGregor. License prices vary based on the fight and are calculated based on the location’s fire occupancy certificate, company president Joe Hand Jr. says.

"A bar and restaurant would call up and if their occupancy certificate says it has 100 seats, it would be times 30 dollars," Hand Jr. said. "So, it would be $3,000 to license it."

Mayweather vs. McGregor’s $30-per-person price tag is higher than the company’s normal UFC license rates, according to Hand Jr. All UFC licenses include the fight, promotional materials, and a listing in the official venue search.

YoungUnited

Original Poster
That I'm not sure of. You can call ESPN club directly to inquire. They charge also to keep it from getting slammed with people being this is such a high demand event. Crowd control. They only charge other than for this for the superbowl but that was cheaper. Most games and events they do not charge. :)
I see. Still trying to find a nice place to watch. Thought Splitsville would be a good idea but not having too many TV's is a bummer indeed. If anyone knows of a cool place to watch it, please let me know! I'll be arriving in Florida tomorrow.

ABQ

I see. Still trying to find a nice place to watch. Thought Splitsville would be a good idea but not having too many TV's is a bummer indeed. If anyone knows of a cool place to watch it, please let me know! I'll be arriving in Florida tomorrow.
Did you try that venue search link?

Disneyhead'71

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from The All Stars.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/locations/Detail/0541
buffalo-wild-wings.jpg

And there isn't much info but here is the fight info.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/sports/boxing-store-listing/

Eddie Garrison

You will do better and cost less if you went to an off property spot to watch the fight.

Something like The Ale House which has goodness knows how many TV's and loads more seating than any spot on Disney Property.

They typically charge around $25.00 - $50.00 per person depending on the event happening. But like I said, I'd check places like that off property as well if you want to see this fight.

Miller's Field House (no affiliation with the Ale House) in Dr. Phillips, which is about 5-7 miles from property, is also having the fight and their pricing structure is this:

Mayweather vs McGregor

Reserve your spot today to the fight of the decade on August 26th! Don't miss your chance to see history. This is the spot in Dr.Phillips with over 70 huge TVs and amazing seats inside and out!
Call 407-248-3474 for Reservations
$100 (with $75 Food and Bev. credit - Bar Seats)
$75 (with $50 Food and Bev. Credit - Dining Seats)

MickeyMomV

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from The All Stars.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/locations/Detail/0541
buffalo-wild-wings.jpg

And there isn't much info but here is the fight info.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/sports/boxing-store-listing/
I've been told that the BW's by us in Grand Rapids Michigan (Mayweathers home town) are charging a $20 cover to help recoup the costs of the PPV fees. The cover must be paid by anybody wanting to sit inside. Anybody wishing to sit on the patio where they will not be showing the fight can do so without a cover.

sxeensweet

I've been told that the BW's by us in Grand Rapids Michigan (Mayweathers home town) are charging a $20 cover to help recoup the costs of the PPV fees. The cover must be paid by anybody wanting to sit inside. Anybody wishing to sit on the patio where they will not be showing the fight can do so without a cover.

It varies by area ours at home is $25 or $30 but near Orlando/WDW will likely be higher so I would call the one near WDW. Heard from those that checked already the cheapest around Orlando area was $40-45 on up. ;)

YoungUnited

Original Poster
You will do better and cost less if you went to an off property spot to watch the fight.

Something like The Ale House which has goodness knows how many TV's and loads more seating than any spot on Disney Property.

They typically charge around $25.00 - $50.00 per person depending on the event happening. But like I said, I'd check places like that off property as well if you want to see this fight.

Miller's Field House (no affiliation with the Ale House) in Dr. Phillips, which is about 5-7 miles from property, is also having the fight and their pricing structure is this:

Mayweather vs McGregor

Reserve your spot today to the fight of the decade on August 26th! Don't miss your chance to see history. This is the spot in Dr.Phillips with over 70 huge TVs and amazing seats inside and out!
Call 407-248-3474 for Reservations
$100 (with $75 Food and Bev. credit - Bar Seats)
$75 (with $50 Food and Bev. Credit - Dining Seats)

That sounds like a great place actually. Only problem is it seems a bit far from the All-Star hotels since we won't have a car.

ABQ

That sounds like a great place actually. Only problem is it seems a bit far from the All-Star hotels since we won't have a car.
Uber/Lyft, just know surge pricing will be in effect for the return trip, most likely. But still not bad.

Disneyhead'71

The 2 closest off property places to the All Stars is the Buffalo Wild Wings and Miller's Ale House, both on the west end of 192 in Kississemmee. Pick one, call and get your ressies.

YoungUnited

Original Poster
The 2 closest off property places to the All Stars is the Buffalo Wild Wings and Miller's Ale House, both on the west end of 192 in Kississemmee. Pick one, call and get your ressies.
Perfect. I appreciate the tips my friend!!
And just to be sure, you're talking about the ones located close to Disney Springs right?

Cheers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom