Split Stay - multiple reservations - questions!

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Good morning!

This is the 1st time we've done a split stay and I have lots of questions. Let me give you the run-down. We have 3 separate reservation numbers.

#1 - I'm arriving on 9/20 for a 1-night Pop reservation.
#2 My friends are arriving 9/21 to join me and we're on a 6-day DDP package with 8-day park hoppers.
#3 We're staying 1 night at the Grand Floridian on 9/27​

Hopefully we won't have to change rooms between the 2 Pop reservations!
  • We're going to need room-charging abilities for 2 different credit cards (mine & theirs) - how does that work?
  • I understand our DDP expires at 11:59pm on the 26th so we'll have to use all of our credits by then
  • How does it work with our park-hoppers? Will they just stay active across both reservations?
  • How do we get into our room at GF? I've read something about having to officially check-out then check-in to our new resort?
  • how does our luggage get from Pop to GF? will they transfer it so we can just wake up and go to the parks?
Any information, as always, is much appreciated! I'm sure I'll have more questions!

lostpro9het

• How do we get into our room at GF? I've read something about having to officially check-out then check-in to our new resort?
Make a point of checking out of POP when you leave and letting the checkin desk at GF know that you are coming from POP so they can make sure you are in fact checked out and reduce teh issue of room access for GF.

• how does our luggage get from Pop to GF? will they transfer it so we can just wake up and go to the parks?

Have POP Bell services take your luggage and they will transfer it to GF for you. You may not get your luggage at GF until 3pm or later so make sure you keep anything really important, meds, bathing suit, etc, with you if you need them .

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Make a point of checking out of POP when you leave and letting the checkin desk at GF know that you are coming from POP so they can make sure you are in fact checked out and reduce teh issue of room access for GF.

thank you.

So I'll need to go to the front desk at Pop, check out, then go to the front desk of the GF to check in? I'll have to take the bus to MK then the monorail to GF then, right?

lostpro9het

So I'll need to go to the front desk at Pop, check out, then go to the front desk of the GF to check in?
Do you have to, no, but I'd recommend it.
I'll have to take the bus to MK then the monorail to GF then, right?
Sounds good, or take a taxi. Typically we will make it a park morning and have Bell Services take our luggage while we go to a park for a few hours and head back to the new resort around lunch time.

dreamfinder

thank you.

So I'll need to go to the front desk at Pop, check out, then go to the front desk of the GF to check in? I'll have to take the bus to MK then the monorail to GF then, right?

Essentially yes. Check out of POP and check in at GF. You could put faith in the auto checkout and online check in, but it wouldn't hurt to stop by just to make sure. There is no need to go directly from one to the other, so I would second @lostpro9het and go to the park, and then back to the new resort later on.

Rob562

I agree with all that's been posted above. You'll have to visit the desk at Pop to check out and check back in again between reservations. If you haven't already, make sure that Disney Reservations makes the notation on both reservations that you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room. At check-in for your first Pop reservation, double-check with the CM that your second reservation is linked.

When we've moved resorts in the past, we just leave resort #1, head to a park for the day using Disney transport, and then just get on Resort #2's bus when we leave the park and go and check in.

And to address the other questions...

Yes, your park ticket will still be accessible when you go to GF. Your package reservation at Pop will give you FP+ access for all dates of that reservation, but if you are planning on using your park ticket on your GF checkout day, you won't be able to book that particular day's FP+ until 60 days from your GF checkin date.

For room charging, yes, you can set up different credit cards for different people. It can't be set up in advance, it can only be done at the front desk. If you use online check, I'd suggest that you ignore the room charging portion of online checkin so that you can start clean at the front desk. (Otherwise the CM has to deal with removing people from a charge account and setting up a new one. The less they have to wrangle with the less chance that things get accidentally messed up)

Edit: If you're planning on using your package's park ticket on the first day you arrive (so the day before your package actually starts) you *should* be able to use the park ticket (based on anecdotes posted here on the forums), but you *may* have to stop at the park's guest services if the gate doesn't let you in. Plan accordingly.
You also won't be able to pre-book that day's FP+ selections.

-Rob

LeighM

Just to piggy back onto the OP's question since I'm in a similar situation with a first time split stay. From 10/1-10/7 we are at POR with DDP and will check into AKL on 10/7 and leave 10/8. We will have remaining table service credits from our first stay that I know are good until midnight of our check out day from POR. We are planning to use them at Boma on 10/7. My question is, should we wait to check into AKL until after our Boma dinner? Or will those remaining credits get carried over if we check into AKL before our dinner? I hope that made sense.

nickys

Premium Member
Just to piggy back onto the OP's question since I'm in a similar situation with a first time split stay. From 10/1-10/7 we are at POR with DDP and will check into AKL on 10/7 and leave 10/8. We will have remaining table service credits from our first stay that I know are good until midnight of our check out day from POR. We are planning to use them at Boma on 10/7. My question is, should we wait to check into AKL until after our Boma dinner? Or will those remaining credits get carried over if we check into AKL before our dinner? I hope that made sense.

Hi! This is my first post on the forum

We've done split stays before and doing another at Christmas. As far as the dining plan goes, you can check into all and still have dinner. The advice I was given tho, to keep things simple is to use your por band for dinner. The akl band will still be fine but sometimes it needs a work-around. So if you're using both sets of bands, just keep a por band handy.

nickys

Premium Member
And to address the other questions...

Yes, your park ticket will still be accessible when you go to GF. Your package reservation at Pop will give you FP+ access for all dates of that reservation, but if you are planning on using your park ticket on your GF checkout day, you won't be able to book that particular day's FP+ until 60 days from your GF checkin date.

-Rob

Hi. Although the last time we were there was before the new fp+ system, the advice I've had from both Disney and dvc is that your stay is the full length of all reservations. As long as they all show in mde then you should be able to book fps at 60 days for the full stay (up to 14 days). Same as Adrs, which definitely did work. I was able to book at the 180 days mark for the first 10 days of our stay, with 2 moves in that time.

If you find you can't then a call should help resolve the issue.

Rob562

Hi. Although the last time we were there was before the new fp+ system, the advice I've had from both Disney and dvc is that your stay is the full length of all reservations. As long as they all show in mde then you should be able to book fps at 60 days for the full stay (up to 14 days). Same as Adrs, which definitely did work. I was able to book at the 180 days mark for the first 10 days of our stay, with 2 moves in that time.

If you find you can't then a call should help resolve the issue.

That would be true for tickets purchased separately and you're staying on a room only reservation. (And since you mention DVC, DVC reservations are the same as room only. You don't have a DVC package with tickets.) I have separate tickets for my split stay trip next month and was able to book FP+ across both reservations.

But the OP is talking about tickets that are part of a package reservation. The FP+ system won't allow you to pre-book on those tickets for dates *before* the checkin date of that package. That would be the dilemma they'd face on the arrival day for reservation #1. They would be able to access the ticket at the park (either automatically or with Guest Services intervention) but they wouldn't be able to pre-book FP+.

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
That would be true for tickets purchased separately and you're staying on a room only reservation. (And since you mention DVC, DVC reservations are the same as room only. You don't have a DVC package with tickets.) I have separate tickets for my split stay trip next month and was able to book FP+ across both reservations.

But the OP is talking about tickets that are part of a package reservation. The FP+ system won't allow you to pre-book on those tickets for dates *before* the checkin date of that package. That would be the dilemma they'd face on the arrival day for reservation #1. They would be able to access the ticket at the park (either automatically or with Guest Services intervention) but they wouldn't be able to pre-book FP+.

-Rob
Thanks for clarifying. I thought because the gf day is after the package started, and within the 14 day expiry, she would be able to treat it as a continuing stay. Now I know for future reference.

We are dvc members so yes, we book the tickets separately, tho still thru Disney because of the special 14 & 21day tickets we can get from the uk.

Rob562

Thanks for clarifying. I thought because the gf day is after the package started, and within the 14 day expiry, she would be able to treat it as a continuing stay. Now I know for future reference.

We are dvc members so yes, we book the tickets separately, tho still thru Disney because of the special 14 & 21day tickets we can get from the uk.

The GF reservation won't be a problem for them, except they may not be able to book FP for their GF checkout day until 60 days from GF checkin...
It's the pre-package day that'll be the issue.

-Rob

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The GF reservation won't be a problem for them, except they may not be able to book FP for their GF checkout day until 60 days from GF checkin...
It's the pre-package day that'll be the issue.

-Rob

I'm not planning on hitting the parks on my pre-package day so we should be good. I was more concerned about not being able to get into the parks on our GF check-in day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom