split group on dinning plan

Roakor

Original Poster
I know when you get the dinning plan everyone on the hotel reservation gets put into one group for meal vouchers. But does everyone have to go to the same Table Service restaurant for every meal or can you split up and go to different ones? I know the dinning reservations are made separately from the hotel reservations so is there anything stopping us from making two different dinning reservations. Half the group goes to one the other half to the other?

I haven't seen anything on Disney's site that says we can't do this but I thought I would ask here and see if anyone has encountered any issues doing something like this?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Everyone on the booking has to either have the DP or not at all. Its then just the booking process - you either all dine together or you split your reservations into smaller groups. Everyone has their own DP entitlement on their Magic Band, its up to the individual how / where they use it

Rob562

Think of the Dining Plan as just another payment method. You just have a slightly different "budget" than the amount of money in your checking account.

It has no bearing on who eats where or when or in what order you use the credits.

-Rob

FrostyNaples

Think of the Dining Plan as just another payment method. You just have a slightly different "budget" than the amount of money in your checking account.

It has no bearing on who eats where or when or in what order you use the credits.

-Rob

OP, important to remember your buying 'credit's. These credits are pooled among everyone on the DDP.

Have a game plan, make sure everyone is on the same page as when and where credits are to be allocated.

It is possible that a single person attached to the DDP can use all the credits by themselves, and in a single day. I would hope this never happened, but best to have a game plan, and that everyone understands how the program works.

During your usage, you can always request the current credits balance remaining.

Credits vary with each DDP chosen, and each having their own categories QS,TS,SN.

Be sure to read this great guide: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/disney-dining-plan/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom