Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've read the thread from start to finish, know exactly what your hissy fit was about, and thought it was pathetic and rude. I genuinely hope a log flume you enjoy being dismantled is the worst thing to happen to you today. I'll look for you out on Tiana Mountain. ;)
You literally have no idea what the context I was replying was about. I wasn't talking about Splash Mountain at all.

brb1006

I'm already having panic attacks thinking about the little mermaid under the sea scene quality being shoved into splash mountain.

~sincerely, a hardcore splash mountain fan.
Glad I'm not the only person dreading this. I'm already picturing Louis to be the best looking AA.
latest

And the rest of the ride will be like this.

TDogg76

I can see this theme fitting in at DL since it’s right next to Orleans....I just wish they could have come up with something different for MK but it’s much cheaper to create two of the same thing instead of two separate, I guess! I do enjoy the music and sure hope the Shadow Man throws us down the hill!

Last edited:

Yert3

If you don't get why they're changing Splash Mountain then the whole problem went over your head.
Funny how it wasn’t a problem until two weeks ago. I don’t recall anybody in the past 20 years say it was a problem. Even in this 2009 thread discussing this same exact thing...

stitchcastle

It's naturally too early to tell and the brief exposition on the general plot doesn't give it away, but my main concern will be:

The climax.

The drop is fun and all, but what adds to it is the tension that the ride gives you before it. The slow climb up, the eerie music, the rabbit about to get eaten, and the clearly evil birds over your head laughing at you.

I hope that with Tiana (as I would with any IP) they make sure to add some "suspense" just before the drop so you can feel the same sort of fear/adrenaline you feel in current Splash.

you're acting as if Princess and the Frog didn't have a villain that had evil shadow powers who actually killed one of her sidekicks.

Lirael

So, moving on from all the crying in this thread, do we have an idea of when it'll close for the change and if there are any generic predictions yet like it's supposed to be ready by year 2999?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom