Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddbowdoin

I’m personally comfortable offending a hell of a lot of people, because I believe most “outrage” is disingenuous. It’s just the culture right now, and it’s sick.

When Drew Brees is dragged through the mud for saying he doesn’t agree with kneeling for the anthem, I’m left to assume that people are actively trying to be offended.
It’s called confirmation bias... it’s rich in 2020.

davis_unoxx

1593113140302.png

lebeau

Yes because that's what we are discussing...

Obviously. No one is debating that, yet you keep bringing it up. You're deferring to authority, "well if its being done than it must be correct!".

You maintain that if "enough people" are offended by something, then that is enough to enact sweeping change to appease them. "Enough people" is inherently useless, that is not a value. What if the revamp offends people, how many people is "enough people" to change it back to Splash Mountain?

So to break this down to brass tacks, you believe that fact alone that "some people" are offended online, that is sufficient cause to take down a beloved ride. I disagree. There's always someone offended by something, that's not a cause for action.

Thus, you think its okay to take away Splash Mountain as soon as any form of offense is raised and I disagree, I think it is an overreaction. You also said changing the theme doesn't take away anything from the ride, which I completely disagree with.

So, unless you want to breakdown why retheming the ride doesn't take anything away from it, I think we are done here and agree that you think "some people" is a sufficient amount and I do not.

Easy peasy.

Yeah, we're done here.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sure but is PATF really resonating with today’s kids? It’s already 11 years old. Not to mention princess overload.

You think Disney would be putting PatF front and center if they didn't have the data to show that would be profitable?

At MK, Tiana got her own M&G space. She's the first character of HEA. She's featured in the castle show. The paddle boat became a Tiana character event. She's got her own restaurant on the cruise ship. Dr. Facilier is always part of every group of villains.

There's thriving market for Tiana and Facilier.

Yert3

Disney also anticipated it and won't care.
Of course they won’t. Disney (like most companies) never cares about their fans opinions. That much has been evident since 2006 or so when IP started going into Epcot. Fans didn’t like it, but the lowest common denominator did, so it’s all well and dandy.

TJinSF

Disney needs new management. I didn't even know what song of the south was or how it was related to Splash. Am I missing the racist parts of the ride or should I hate it because it takes characters from an old movie that nobody has seen today?

Disney had $11 billion net income in 2019. That you personally were unaware of this connection really has no relevance at all to Disney's management. Do you truly believe that this company hasn't considered the ramifications of this move, including the financial ones? Or that this isn't something many people may know about, just because you don't? I wish I could make that sound kinder, but I really can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom