Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMDREW

Its happening. Nothing to do about it anymore. Its done. Splash has always been my favorite ride. Cant visit the kingdom without at least one ride on it.

Why wouldnt they just redo the Disneyland version and let WDW be? It fits in DL, it like really rwally doesnt in WDW and would give both resorts exclusives.

At least Tokyo will still have it now.

They better keep the name! The description makes me anxious dr Facilier and Friends on the other side wont even show up in this “timeline”. Thats the best thing about the movie. They better include him and his song! Say what you will about the movie, he was a true, good old fashioned disney villain which im missing so much lately!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

TJinSF

Splash is one of my favorite rides at the resort, and I will miss it. I am highly skeptical about the ability / interest of today’s team to create new show scenes to match those that are there now. Sure, they have often required work they didn’t receive promptly, but they were still immersive and impressive. That’s what bothers me the most about this.

Otherwise, the only constant is change, as they say. It’s iconic but also “only” 30 years old. It was a bit of an odd choice when it was built and I’m not entirely surprised that it will be updated now. This isn’t a change that I like myself, but I know others will be excited about it. On balance, I’m grateful that I have my health and a job. If my biggest disappointment today is that the fancy log flume I like is going under the knife, it’s been a good day.

Most of what I watch and listen to is 40 years old or more and I help teach people about it as a hobby, so I have conflicted feelings about folks’ response to the ride and SotS, but I will explore them in a different forum. I couldn’t be less interested in the hysterical gnashing of teeth, performative “apologizing for my generation,” disingenuous suggestions that most people learn history at Disney parks, etc. I will simply hope for the best from the new attraction. I haven’t seen PatF but I’ll plan to check it out.

trainplane3

EbXzV6xWAAEpgn5
He said with someone pointing to his contract while being held at gunpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom