Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv

After being told 10,000 times that I talked like people on Buffy, especially with my made-up words, I started watching. Mostly, I was tuning in to cement my personal opinion that Buffy was silly vampire fluff (ooh, a whimsical teenage girl who physically fights vampires! [mental eyeroll]) and not in any way something I would like.

I'd planned to turn it off knowing it was beneath me. Turned into a big Joss Whedon fan. :)

And I'm not a nerd, thank you very much.

bubbles1812

After being told 10,000 times that I talked like people on Buffy, especially with my made-up words, I started watching. Mostly, I was tuning in to cement my personal opinion that Buffy was silly vampire fluff (ooh, a whimsical teenage girl who physically fights vampires! [mental eyeroll]) and not in any way something I would like.

I'd planned to turn it off knowing it was beneath me. Turned into a big Joss Whedon fan. :)

Don't worry Luv. I was only teasing. My family proudly has a few seasons of Buffy. I love Firefly/Serenity. Big fan of what he did with Avengers. So if you want a nerd, it's definitely me ;). Though he is definitely still God of the Nerds. :p

Reactions: luv

EPCOTCenterLover

"It was a no-brainer with regard to DCA. DSP is a different animal, but I'll also say you haven't spent enough time there to treat it fairly. You also go to parks to shoot them, and DSP is uglier than many fanbois who don't enjoy The Big Bang Theory. Attractions wise, it easily has more and better content than the Studios mess in the FL swamps."

Spirit, I think you are usually right on, but I just don't see that WDSP has a better attraction line up than Disney's Hollywood Studios- which has the better Tower and RNRC, The (Once) Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, TSMM, and One Man's Story compared to a weaker (DCA) Tower and RNRC, Crush, and a bunch of spinners/carnival rides.

And yes, I've been there. Once. Never again until Ratatouille- one of my favorite Pixar films.

Wikkler

Interesting thing...

Contractually with Paris, Disney is supposed to open a new park in Europe by the end of 2015....

There's no way that requirement will be met... :(

stevehousse

Was never really a fan of Firefly, but just about everything else tv wise that joss has done has been awesome! Buffy was such a great show, and even that Dollhouse show was very good, it's just too bad that Fox cancelled it because of low rating a little after the second season began. That show had a lot of good things coming too it. I'm just glad joss knew so far in advance that they weren't going to have another season so he was able to actually fast forward the show and wrap it up properly...cnt wait to see what he does with Avengers 2!

Genie of the Lamp

I came across a reading on the disney blog site and in one of their more recent posts on the Disney Springs construction updates, they mentioned that the DS budget got reduced a bit recently and that the reduced amount would be reallocated toward the DHS makeover project budget. Any truth to this?

nytimez

Anyone have thoughts on the new Mickey and pals shorts?

I think they're terrific - and I hope we see more of them.

But, I have to say I'm surprised they got made given the conscious effort over the years to suck all the personality out of these characters.

PhotoDave219

Fangirl. ;)

Reactions: luv

WDW1974

Original Poster
Today was indeed an incredibly meaningful transformative day.

I will post more thoughts on what transpired when I am able to sit down and put my thoughts together in proper form, which will likely be the weekend or early next week.

But something has definitely ... well, changed. (I am not sure what kind of smiley should be used here because it is both good and bad, both happy and sad and frankly years in the making.)

On another subject ... UNI will build a monorail system before Disney buys new trains and expands (just because I hear there is more stupidity banging around the cyberverse).

Calvin Coolidge

I will post more thoughts on what transpired when I am able to sit down and put my thoughts together in proper form, which will likely be the weekend or early next week.

But something has definitely ... well, changed. (I am not sure what kind of smiley should be used here because it is both good and bad, both happy and sad and frankly years in the making.)

On another subject ... UNI will build a monorail system before Disney buys new trains and expands (just because I hear there is more stupidity banging around the cyberverse).

This is going to be fun

Taylor

I'm excited and depressed at the same time after hearing that. Only you and Disney can do that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom