Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Weekend Musings II:

Please hold on a sec ... My house seems to be floating away.

Do you know how many lobbyists WDW Co. employs in Tallahassee? Over 30. Does anyone want to argue that is in the best interests of Floridians?

This would have been a great weekend to sleep through or take a plane to Las Vegas. I did neither. Guess which Dwarf that makes me now?

Adam Sandler, you were a talented young guy on SNL. And your hot wife used to be very nice to me in her cheerleading days...but it would seem that your chances of making a good film anymore are up there with the chances a fanboi can find true love with an Imagineer and my chances of ever trusting a President again.

Gee, did anyone see those surveyors out at IOA a few days ago?

OK, I admit it ... I have thought about it and continue to do so.

OK, so like @Lee and I intend to be at the opening of Shanghai DL in 2015 or 2016 or whenever those Commies, God bless them, decide to open the place. I say we have a MAGICal meet because none of those Lifestyler losers will be there? Who's in? C'mon at @WDWFigment, you know you want to! Maybe @The Mom can handle the sign up sheet.

Blackberry cobbler is my favorite. Peach is right behind.

Can't we have one thread with a newbie talking about now packed WDW has been ... Just one?

I think one thing that turned me off Disney fans was armchair imagineering. No, Horizons isn't coming to the MK with Small World going to EPCOT and no fifth gate is ever happening unless that's a prison gate.

Sure sounds like the sale of BGW (sans BGT) is imminent.

Don't read a thing into the newest wrinkles in MM+ (the 'up to four' FPs or the removal of tiers of attractions) as they still haven't got a clue how this system is going to work. It's like the CP gang came up with it.

Do I swim to the cinema tonight or simply accept that like having quality show standards at WDW, it just isn't meant to be?

Was that Tonto on the cover of Rolling Stone?

Why does no one in FL know how to drive in the rain? Oh yeah, because no one in FL knows how to drive at all.

If you think you're too good to dine at a Denny's let me assure of two things: you aren't and I don't think I'd want to know you.

Remember when you cared it was baseball season? Yeah, me neither.

asianway

Spirited Weekend Musings II:

Please hold on a sec ... My house seems to be floating away.

Do you know how many lobbyists WDW Co. employs in Tallahassee? Over 30. Does anyone want to argue that is in the best interests of Floridians?

This would have been great weekend to sleep through or take a plane to Las Vegas. I did neither. Guess which Dwarf that makes me now?

Adam Sandler, you were a talented young guy on SNL. And your hot wife used yo be very nice to me in her cheerleading days...but it would seem that your chances of making a good film anymore are up there with the chances a fanboi can find true love with an Imagineer and my chances of ever trusting a President again.

Gee, did anyone see those surveyors out at IOA a few days ago?

OK, I admit it ... I have thought about it and continue to do so.

OK, so like @Lee and I intend to be at the opening of Shanghai DL in 2015 or 2016 or wherever those Commies, God Bless them, decide to open the place. I say we have a MAGICal meet because none of those Lifestyles losers will be there? Who's in? C'mon at @WDWFigment, you know you want to! Maybe @The Mom can handle the sign up sheet.

Blackberry cobbler is my favorite. Peach is right behind.

Can't we have one thread with a newbie talking about now packed WDW has been ... Just one?

I think one thing that turned me off Disney fans was armchair imagineering. No, Horizons isn't coming to the MK with Small World going to EPCOT and no fifth gate is ever happening unless that's a prison gate.

Sure sounds like the sale of BGW (sans BGT) is imminent.

Don't read a thing into the newest wrinkles in MM+ (the 'up to four' FPs or the removal of tiers of attractions) as they still haven't got a clue how this system is going to work. It's like the CP gang came up with it.

Do I swim to the cinema tonight or simply accept that like having quality show standards at WDW, it just isn't meant to be?

Was that Tonto on the cover of Rolling Stone?

Why does no one in FL know how yo drive in the rain? Oh yeah, because no one in FL knows now go drive at all.

If you think you're too good to dine at a Denny's let me assure of two things: you aren't and I don't think I'd want to know you.

Remember when you cared it was baseball season? Yeah, me neither.
I'm in for Shanghai opening, I'll even treat @Lee to a Kungaloosh

RSoxNo1

I'll read into in as much as the current set up is idiotic.

the.dreamfinder

@WDW1974 I am down to be at the opening with you. I know of a great hotel that will be nearby.

I am making a made dash to BGW in the next two weeks...
@WDW1974 any word on the parties looking at BGW? I noticed recently Phil Anschutz's company bought the nearby and formerly Busch owned Kingsmill resort.
EDIT: I guess it's safe to assume Water Country USA is part of this deal?

WDW1974

Original Poster
According boxofficemojo, Iron Man 3 only cost $200 mill to make and I'm sure advertising was between $100-150 mill. So lets just say $350 mill. That's about a $850 million dollar profit. Unless they had split a lot of the earnings with Paramount?

That's not how the math works in the movies.

Disney spent close to $500 million on the film, including marketing. Paramount Pictures gets nine percent of the gross. Distribution costs as well. Disney also had a revenue sharing deal with a Chinese company that allowed the film to get major play over there.

As of about July 1st, Disney's profits on the film were about $125 million.

Now, do you get why this big budget/tentpole strategy is a disaster?

Cody5242

That's not how the math works in the movies.

Disney spent close to $500 million on the film, including marketing. Paramount Pictures gets nine percent of the gross. Distribution costs as well. Disney also had a revenue sharing deal with a Chinese company that allowed the film to get major play over there.

As of about July 1st, Disney's profits on the film were about $125 million.

Now, do you get why this big budget/tentpole strategy is a disaster?
Yes sir I do

WDW1974

Original Poster
Lou wants to be the Rick Steves of WDW and if you compare the two Lou tries to emulate what he does.

I don't think much of Rick Steves, either.

I recall when planning a trip to Europe in my early Spirited international days his advice on basically taking all you need in one carry-on. That might be fine for 20-somethings doing the hostel deal and such.

BUT a Faux Top One Percent Spirit staying in 4 and 5 star hotels and dining in top locations simply can't get by on two pairs of jeans for a month. Tuxes also look bad when stuffed in backpack.

Anyway, what stupid thing has Lou said recently that we can bash him for?

Tim_4

Oh, can someone please tell me what they're all jabbering about in my Two Spirited Quickees thread?

I see it's well over 30 pages now. Is it just signups for folks looking for Spirited Quickees?
Fastpass slap fight.

hC4374112

ParentsOf4

Oh, can someone please tell me what they're all jabbering about in my Two Spirited Quickees thread?

I see it's well over 30 pages now. Is it just signups for folks looking for Spirited Quickees?
It deviated from your original post many pages ago. Just the "usual" discussion points now when there's nothing new to discuss, most recently FP/FP+ & wait times.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I agree with you on most things Spirit, but America getting screwed over for gas prices is not one of them. We always fill up in the states because it is so darned cheap in comparison.

I know very little about economics, but this gets right back to your comment about most Americans living in a prism... when it comes to gas prices you shouldn't really complain.

I was simply comparing the cost vs. other top oil producers. Look at what gas costs in Venezuela or most nations in the Middle East.

When I about gas prices, I have friends in the UK who give me the comparison. Of course, in most of Europe you don't need a car to live and live a high quality life. I have friends over there who use their cars a few times a month. Try that in the USA where you'll pry these keys out of my cold, dead hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom