Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
WDW1974,

I have 3 questions based rumors I read since some of them sound far fetched from sites like Screamscape and Orlando Business Journal. Here are the questions:

1.) How likely is Monstropolis going to DHS with it taking over New York Street Sets and Muppetvision?
2.) How likely is DHS getting a rethemed Fantasmic and a new Fireworks show based on Star Wars?
3.) Did you here anything about Carsland being scaled back to taking over Canyon, LMA, and reminder of Backlot Tour?

Oh, I likes the questions. Keeps my mind occupied so I don't focus on serious stuff, especially before bed with that meatloaf coming back on me ... So ...

1.) Very unlikely. Not one version of the redo has had that happening;
2.) Something will be done with Fantasmic, but I don't know how extensive. I don't see a retheming, more a refreshening. And a Star Wars based pyro show seems like pure fantasy to me based on the May 4th show. I think it would work great for SWW, but not as a regular staple;
3.) No.

TalkingHead

C'mon, NO likes for @EPCOT Explorer as he nears the rip old age of double twos?.!?!?

He's even got 29 likes even though he was long gone before the likes started around here.

Hopefully he had a good birthday listening to the techno remix of Future World background music, dropping some pixie dust, and clutching his limited edition D23 Figment plush while squealing like a girl and screaming over and over, "But if you can't dream it, you can't do it!"

WDW1974

Original Poster
He's even got 29 likes even though he was long gone before the likes started around here.

Hopefully he had a good birthday listening to the techno remix of Future World background music, dropping some pixie dust, and clutching his limited edition D23 Figment plush while squealing like a girl and screaming over and over, "But if you can't dream it, you can't do it!"

Oh, the not quite so young Explorer will be somewhere in the vicinity of SSE this weekend, desperately searching for the Orange Bird vinylmation. ... He has started a career as EPCOT historian as I believe they are highly sought after in Costa Rica, Africa, Spain, Israel and Russia (among other places)...

Let's see if he notices this one.

the.dreamfinder

Oh, the not quite so young Explorer will be somewhere in the vicinity of SSE this weekend, desperately searching for the Orange Bird vinylmation. ... He has started a career as EPCOT historian as I believe they are highly sought after in Costa Rica, Africa, Spain, Israel and Russia (among other places)...

Let's see if he notices this one.
I think if you could get him into the WDI research library, he would die.

MerlinTheGoat

Oh, I likes the questions. Keeps my mind occupied so I don't focus on serious stuff, especially before bed with that meatloaf coming back on me ... So ...

1.) Very unlikely. Not one version of the redo has had that happening;
2.) Something will be done with Fantasmic, but I don't know how extensive. I don't see a retheming, more a refreshening. And a Star Wars based pyro show seems like pure fantasy to me based on the May 4th show. I think it would work great for SWW, but not as a regular staple;
3.) No.
I'm not very good at keeping up with any discussions here, so I may have missed something about this recently. But I was wondering what your latest news and/or educated guesses are for what is planned for the DHS overhaul. If you have any or are willing to share it anyways. And is it actually likely they'll tell us the plans officially at D23 (or just be another dud like last time where they tell us nothing new)?

Sorry because I imagine you get asked that a lot. It's kind of difficult to keep track of things on these forums though.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm not very good at keeping up with any discussions here, so I may have missed something about this recently. But I was wondering what your latest news and/or educated guesses are for what is planned for the DHS overhaul. If you have any or are willing to share it anyways. And is it actually likely they'll tell us the plans officially at D23 (or just be another dud like last time where they tell us nothing new)?

Sorry because I imagine you get asked that a lot. It's kind of difficult to keep track of things on these forums though.

I have stated it multiple times, but sure ....if I can enjoy gingerbread in summer, then surely I can answer.

First, this was leaked because it was the key part of the D23 P&R presentation. I have heard nothing to indicate that anything has changed. And backstage people are being prepped to move. Basically, the entire bavk third of the park is to be leveled. All of the formerly used space will not be used in this redo. Expect Star Wars and Cars areas. SW to feature a new E-Ticket, a new C (Likely in the MuppetVision theater) and new food and beverage replacing Backlot Express, pizza Planet and Mama Melrose's. Cars will feature an E'Ticket (that doesn't appear to be a RSRs clone) and a B Ticket that is likely Mater's Junkyard Jamboree as well as food and beverage and retail.

Only Hollywood and Sunset Blds should be untouched by the project, which should begin in phases starting this fall and lasting until 2018.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Like Lee, @EPCOT Explorer is much too beloved and receives too many likes...he doesn't have nearly the singing voice though.

Oh, and no likes for visiting Epcot and being an enabler for its staleness! (When he reads this, he'll exclaim, "AUGH!")

Great singing voice or not, I'm getting tired over @lee writing one word posts and getting 2,343 likes.

The man could respond to a post with 'Poppycock!' (yes, that is how they talk in the hills) and he'd get 567 likes from all his foaming fanboi admirers. BTW, his lovely wife (and she truly is a beauty, a real life Merida) has been known to break out the shotgun when fanbois come a calling ...

Oh, and the next time Explorer starts signing Tomorrow's Child I swear he'll be wearing a bowl of chilli.

That is all.

Damn, this gingerbread is tasty.

MerlinTheGoat

Fascinating, thanks very much for providing info! I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Cars E ticket that isn't RSR is going to be, but also the Star Wars related projects.

I hope whatever they build are actual rides with at least SOME elements of physical sets and animatronics as opposed to glorified simulators with video screens...

You say new C ticket in the Muppet Vision theater, does that mean Muppets are leaving? And kind of unrelated, but I hope whatever they do to the park still allows the Osborne Lights to be there. I'd be very sad to see them cease doing that.

alissafalco

I have stated it multiple times, but sure ....if I can enjoy gingerbread in summer, then surely I can answer.

First, this was leaked because it was the key part of the D23 P&R presentation. I have heard nothing to indicate that anything has changed. And backstage people are being prepped to move. Basically, the entire bavk third of the park is to be leveled. All of the formerly used space will not be used in this redo. Expect Star Wars and Cars areas. SW to feature a new E-Ticket, a new C (Likely in the MuppetVision theater) and new food and beverage replacing Backlot Express, pizza Planet and Mama Melrose's. Cars will feature an E'Ticket (that doesn't appear to be a RSRs clone) and a B Ticket that is likely Mater's Junkyard Jamboree as well as food and beverage and retail.

Only Hollywood and Sunset Blds should be untouched by the project, which should begin in phases starting this fall and lasting until 2018.

What about the BAH?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Fascinating, thanks very much for providing info! I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Cars E ticket that isn't RSR is going to be, but also the Star Wars related projects.

I hope whatever they build are actual rides with at least SOME elements of physical sets and animatronics as opposed to glorified simulators with video screens...

You say new C ticket in the Muppet Vision theater, does that mean Muppets are leaving? And kind of unrelated, but I hope whatever they do to the park still allows the Osborne Lights to be there. I'd be very sad to see them cease doing that.

You must have been out grazing because we covered all of this, but I have a wicked case of evildoer inspired insomnia so I'll repeat myself. I don't know enough about the Cars attraction to discuss right now. SW E-Ticket is a clone of the Tron light cycle coaster going into Shanghai just themed to SW speeder bikes. Muppets are likely staying, but not in the current attraction or location. I am sure they want yo salvage the Ozzy and Sharon Holiday Lightacular, I just don't see how that will be possible. But no decision has been made.

Bolna

Living in a city that claims to have the best gingerbread in the world, I can tell you there is no prohibition against enjoying it in the summer. The local gingerbread manufactuary was busy baking this morning when I passed it on the way to work - it always smells very nice there. :D

A gingerbread bakery would have been perfect for the Germany pavillion in Epcot - instead of that horribly unauthentic caramel shop!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can attest that the wave machines are working again. I wonder though, are there any videos that show the Tesla coils ever having worked.
Try a thread search.... I posted some photos ages ago from one of my videos...

Edit.... Video http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=648

Pics

image.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

You must have been out grazing because we covered all of this, but I have a wicked case of evildoer inspired insomnia so I'll repeat myself. I don't know enough about the Cars attraction to discuss right now. SW E-Ticket is a clone of the Tron light cycle coaster going into Shanghai just themed to SW speeder bikes. Muppets are likely staying, but not in the current attraction or location. I am sure they want yo salvage the Ozzy and Sharon Holiday Lightacular, I just don't see how that will be possible. But no decision has been made.
Yeah sorry. I haven't been online quite as much lately, only checked this site in short bursts in the past few weeks and months. If I ever ask you something that has been covered before again, just a link to some info is fine if you don't want to repeat it once again. Thanks for repeating it though, appreciate that! I'll probably try to keep up with this forum more in the next few months as we're getting close to D23 now.

I really hope that they find a way to keep the Osborne Lights. Would be a devastating loss and disappointment if they did away with it and didn't at least find a replacement as good or better. Decorations around the parks have been scaled back too much already with too little substitutes (Castle Dreamlights is lovely at least). I don't want to see the Osborne lights retired and end up in a dumpster like Lights of Winter and Spectromagic without at least a suitable replacement of equal or better quality... Unlike those, the Osborne lights appears to have also been kept in top condition and continually updated over the years as well. It seems to have been treated with much more respect and dignity than much of the rest of WDW.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Side note. The Verizon data network is badly overloaded right now (5:15pm).

Wifi doesn't seem much better.

@wdwmagic Steve, you've got links Into the telecom, what are they going to do about it? How am I supposed to use my phone to access MDE to get to my plans/FP+? They have a key infrastructure issue here that needs resolution.

Wireless/mobile networks all suffer from the same problems, too little bandwidth and too much demand. LTE will help the situation some, carriers (AT&T and Verizon specifically) are spending hundreds of millions of dollors to add massive amounts of capacity to each tower to support higher bandwidth requirements.

On Disney's property there are not very many towers, this is a particular problem for AT&T as they are not Disney's preferred provider but they seem to be doing a better job spreading their towers out and using better antenna design techniques to maximize both signal levels for 3G and older phones and provide the high bandwidth availability to LTE phones.

Anytime you have the number of people that visit MK or Epcot on a given day it will push even the most robust mobile carrier network because there are too many radios/phones talking in one spot raising the noise level to almost insurmountable levels. Every phone adds a small amount of "volume" to the overal signal level in the immediate area, after you get 5,000 phones or more the noise level is very high and is also the reason why your batteries on phones don't seem to last as long while visiting the parks because your phone starts raising its output level to overcome the noise.

Cody5242

I'm surprised they're not theming the E Tickey attraction to the new trilogy

Taylor

Great singing voice or not, I'm getting tired over @lee writing one word posts and getting 2,343 likes.

The man could respond to a post with 'Poppycock!' (yes, that is how they talk in the hills) and he'd get 567 likes from all his foaming fanboi admirers. BTW, his lovely wife (and she truly is a beauty, a real life Merida) has been known to break out the shotgun when fanbois come a calling ...

Oh, and the next time Explorer starts signing Tomorrow's Child I swear he'll be wearing a bowl of chilli.

That is all.

Damn, this gingerbread is tasty.
Poppycock

(Says me who is obviously whoring for likes right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom