1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymusiccity

raymusiccity Well-Known Member

I'm betting that the screens won't last very long.... Especially after their first exposure to 'Grad Night' !

Uni is going to need a cast member in each car to guard against vandalism. Look at how long the new portrait lasted in the BTMRR que.

2. Wikkler

Wikkler Well-Known Member

*cough* Wikileaks *cough*

3. MattM

MattM Well-Known Member

Usually when I see the "I don't have time to educate you" or "go back and forth with you," it generally means "I cannot put together a cohesive argument in support of my position, so I'm going to just act intellectually superior, take my ball, and go home."

That's usually when you know you are winner-winner chicken dinner.

lazyboy97o likes this.
  4. ChrisM

ChrisM Well-Known Member

In a very tepid defense of that tactic, I try to give folks a pretty wide berth when wading into a Disney-related site. Not to put too fine of a point on it but most such constructs aren't exactly populated by an overwhelming number of our brightest lights.

However, it's clear that a few notable posters in this thread seem to think that their inside access or long familiarity with the Walt Disney Company somehow furnishes them with innate intellectual capacities the rest of us sorely lack, allowing them to opine with authority on every topic under the sun.

I'm sure they would be shocked to find out that not everyone here is a mindless rube...and that more than a few would make them look like scampering clowns if we knew exactly who everyone here actually was.

5. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

They could have let us off under the the icecap, but they couldn't get the door open so they had to return to port. Trains don't have that problem. :joyfull:

6. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

You forgot the electrocution shows didn't you?

PhotoDave219 likes this.
  7. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon Premium Member

You are so correct - next year still planning DVC stay but parks off the list, Too much other stuff to do in Central Florida without feeling like a felon on house arrest with every move tracked and mapped

RunnerEd and nytimez like this.
  8. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon Premium Member

you forgot this one which preceeds yours

In the beginning was the Plan.

And then came the Assumptions.
    And the Assumptions were without form.
    And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.
    And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of ----, and it stinketh."
    And the workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof."
    And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
    And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertiliser, and none may abide its strength."
    And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."
    And the Directors then went onto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth and is very powerful."
    And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company; with powerful effects."

And the President looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.

And the Plan became Policy.

9. scout68

scout68 Well-Known Member

Just a photo-hobbiest here but I think there is an undeniable drive to document all that is worthy of documentation. Be it a family gathering/vacation or real time news. It is this very drive that keeps the camera clicker from being 100% involved in said moments. This relentless internal order is the choice always taken.

Thus leading to what can be perceived as an all around angry persona.

Or I'm just angry and like to take pictures.

maxairmike, 1023 and WDWFanDave like this.
  10. MattM

MattM Well-Known Member

Oh I was really just referring to a certain photographer 'round here.

I'm a wanna-be photographer, so I would have been ******* myself. I'd never do that. ;)

11. Funmeister

Funmeister Well-Known Member

What about attraction, show and other reservations?

12. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

I would hope (which with Disney may be asking too much) there is a system in place to remotely kill key cards and MagicBands with a new device being enabled as a replacement. Maybe @spacemt354 can tell us if they had to use the PIN to make or change FastPass+ reservations at Guest Services. But stealing somebody's MagicBand to go on their rides seems like a rather silly motivation for me. And since it is being tracked you'd potentially be able to tell where the person is or at the least where they are going.

13. wdisney9000

wdisney9000 Well-Known Member

Our President now has "nudge czar" who will take aim at subtly changing our behavior and/or guiding our decisions through social experiments. Its not too far fetched to think WDW IS a testing ground for such a program. "This is full on collusion!"- Rodney Ruxin

http://www.conservativehappenings.com/2013/08/obama-taps-nudge-czar-shes-27.html

note: this story is also on many major media websites i just thought this one was the best read. I cant stand the NY Slimes (Times), MSNBC, FOX, CNN etc. or other bought and paid for media so I chose this one.

14. rael ramone

rael ramone Well-Known Member

Well, if they outright lie on an official response to a Congressional Inquiry, how are we going to expect honesty on a T&C, even after consulting the Rosetta Stone to fully decifer it.

15. rael ramone

Could we be looking at the 'scammers' next target if GAC abuse is abolished :eek:

16. Knothead

Knothead Well-Known Member

Apologies again for the interruption. Enjoy. IMAG1145.jpg IMAG1145.jpg IMAG1143.jpg

MikeAGeorge, WDW1974, tink1 and 32 others like this.
  17. Knothead

Whoa technical difficulties. Sorry. You guys get the point though.

18. nytimez

nytimez Well-Known Member

Never, ever apologize for posting that!

19. rael ramone

The Weatherman thinks the name 'Disney' entitles the company to unquestioned trust from the population, to those who want to go on a safe vacation with minor children in tow right up to those on Capitol Hill (another jist that I remember from the reponse to the official inquiry).

HMF and WDW1974 like this.
  20. Knothead

From what I could tell there are now 3 maybe 4 train cars back there now. I tried to get a shot of the windows, but it wasn't easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.