Spirit airlines

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
hey everyone going up to Universal in May for a week for my daughters 3rd birthday. I always fly southwest and currently it's 900 for our family where spirit is 438.99 can anyone tell me what they think of this airline? We're a family of 4. 2 adults ,a 3 year old ,and a 7 month old that will be lap sitting. My mom drives and brings our luggage so we would have A stroller ( but we could get away with out it) and a small personal bag for the adults. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you!

donsullivan

Premium Member
As noted above, Spirit is renowned for beating you into the ground with add-on fees, they are the absolute worst in the industry for all of those add-ons. Everything, including carry-on bags has an extra fee and some of those fees vary seasonally. It's important to understand all of those fees and how they'll affect your total cost of travel.

Last edited:

alissafalco

12191442_843722172413716_4878157518048633363_n.jpg

Spirit is garbage. I will never fly that nightmare airline ever again. I wont even tell you my story because this serviceman's is worse. They are a disgrace!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Spirit has the highest margins in the industry in the US so they are doing exceptionally well despite some complaints on here.

While that is indeed true from a financial performance standpoint, I believe most here are referring to the passenger experience. Every person I've ever talked to IRL that has actually flown Spirit (I will not fly with them myself) has universally said that they would never do it again.

Mouse Trap

hey everyone going up to Universal in May for a week for my daughters 3rd birthday. I always fly southwest and currently it's 900 for our family where spirit is 438.99 can anyone tell me what they think of this airline? We're a family of 4. 2 adults ,a 3 year old ,and a 7 month old that will be lap sitting. My mom drives and brings our luggage so we would have A stroller ( but we could get away with out it) and a small personal bag for the adults. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you!

You get what you pay for.

Pghdrumr

We fly spirit everytime we visit Orlando. NEVER had a problem, and our fares are extremely low. Follow their posted policies carefully and its a great experience. Backpacks are free to take on, so each member of my family carries one back pack with a majority of our clothing. We purchase one checked bag for $31 and that works for us. Make sure to purchase your bags in advance. Make sure you check in online before your flight. and NEVER pay for seating assignments. They never split a family when final seats are assigned.

Jahona

I've not flown spirit personally but I have booked flights for other people and have worked with their system. They should really change their name as they really have no spirit in their airline. If you fly spirit you have to come to the understanding that the airline isn't there for you. You abide by their rules and policies or they don't care. Personally I will never fly Spirit. I'll try and find the next lowest fair with another airline. I just don't agree with their business practices.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Just don't fly Spirit there are add on fees for EVERYTHING including carryon baggage Plus they like to cancel with no notice leaving you stranded somewhere.

rob0519

It's the airline for people who must travel and don't have much money. As long as you understand you're getting what you pay for, it still beats the bus.

Pghdrumr

Great. That's exactly the fare we got flying from the Pittsburgh area. And they provided a free rental car.
Please remember to follow their policies so you are not surprised on your travel day.
Enjoy !

YozhikRoth

Spirit charges you if you check bags, if you carry on bags, if you want a non-middle seat, if you check in at the gate, if you check in online....................

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I've heard of too many issues with Spirit to even consider them. Yes, if you follow their stated policies to the letter of the law, you will save money, but in the end, flying is hectic as it is. Why add to the stress with an airline bending over backwards to ding you with fares.

Depending on the time of year, you're going the savings being shown are not as much (at least for me) to even consider them.

Tony the Tigger

If you are a fussy person and go into it without reading anything, you will have issues.

Since your mom is bringing the luggage, that solves what most people consider the biggest issue was with spirit.

We have flown from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando for $20 each way including taxes several times. We have also flown spirit from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles for $11 each Way, to Atlantic City for $60 each Way or less.

It's no-frills flying. So if you're going for an overnight stay or even two days, you can bring enough clothes for one day in your personal bag. There is no charge for a personal bag like a backpack or a laptop bag.

If we are going somewhere longer, we check one suitcase and share it. Really not a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom