Spiderman Is The Best Ride Ever

Vipex23

Original Poster
When I went to IOA, I was blown away by the Spiderman ride. Everything about it was perfect. IMO, it's the best ride in all of Universal and Disney. More rides should be like that. What do you think?

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by Vipex23
When I went to IOA, I was blown away by the Spiderman ride. Everything about it was perfect. IMO, it's the best ride in all of Universal and Disney. More rides should be like that. What do you think?

Its the best ride anywhere!!!!! im glad u liked it....Disney needs to get one!

The_CEO

If you haven't ridden every ride in the world. Which no one has... Then you can't make that statement. This will turn into an opinion war. Give it 5 hours to bake.

RozFan

The queue is designed to replicate a comic book, its supposed to look like that. Does is it not remind you of a comic book?

primusjim

While, I love the Spider-Man attraction at IOA it does have many problems that keep it for being "perfect" for me. First off, the explanation of your ride vehicle is just thoroughly retarded. If this vehicle is a "news gathering vehicle" why are the people inside even needed? The other problems are the villians. They picked some really lame Spidey foes. The should have just used the sinister six. I bet they're kicking themselves for using Hobgoblin instead of the green goblin. Hydro Man instead of sandman makes sense so they can do the water effect. Electro and Doc Ock are good choices, but Ock should never be buff and have a voice like Ahnuld, he's supposed to be a fat Roy Orbinson looking lab nerd. Check out the way Erik Larson used to draw him, that's perfect.
So for those reasons, I think MIB is actually the best ride Universal has, because everything is perfectly themed.

MouseMadness

Originally posted by smelly_cat_kez
i didn't see the big deal about spiderman when i went, maybe i needed to ride it twice to get the idea of it

Same here. After waiting in line for an hour and hearing for months about how I was in for "the best ride ever!" I was sorely disappointed.

sharky23

yep!

for thrills and unique use of technology in a never-before-seen way, no doubt it's the best...everyone knows it.

TOT, IMHO, is 2.

-s

stingrock23

Spiderman is definitely a top 5 ride in my opinion. I do feel that the queue is fine seeing how comic books are sometimes exaggerated as such.. I think Spider Man, Tower of Terror, and the Indiana Jones Adventure are the 3 best attractions ever created. There have been more thrilling rides, like Millenium Force, but the theming adds so much more to the experience. I'd rate it as such: TOT, Spider Man, and Indy. I'm amazed at what Imagineers and Universal Creative did with each attraction.

Spider man does an incredible job of blending many elements. Very top notch. This sort of competition only benefits us too.

Sorry if my thoughs are sort of scattered. the Cubs won tonight. Go Cubbies!!

MonorailGreen

Spiderman Debate

Spiderman is a great ride and I really enjoy myself on it when it actually doesn't STOP in the middle of the ride. I've been to IOA many times since they opened and I think that I have only been on Spiderman one or two times that it did not break down while I was in line or break down while I was on the ride. Sorry, but I can never enjoy it if it stops or the music shuts off!! It has happened too much for me on that ride. My vote goes for Tower of Terror still with Mission: Space a close second and Spiderman at fifth or sixth =)

Juggler

I love Spiderman, It's great,BUT.....!

On my last 2 visits to IOA I did not get to ride Spiderman due to technical difficulties..... it broke! This happens too often, they really need to get this running smootly with all the kinks and bugs worked out. It's been running a few years now you think they would have got it more reliable by now.

We pay ever increasing charges to access the parks we should be getting our money's worth.

When it work! WOW what a ride!

Blake

Yes this seems to always be a problem on Spiderman. There is always something not working whether its the car or the effects. I went on 5 times one visit- one time the fire didnt work, one time, the car didnt move propery, there was no water one time, one time we were "ahead" of the effects and they came on AFTER we left that room....there is so much that there seems always to be one thing not working...

And also- IMO, the queue is very nice- lots of entertainment with all of the TVS and it well designed (although the exterior portion is a bore- back-forth-back-forth-back-forth- you get the picture

Captain Cab

Technically, the ride is Spider-Man (actually The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, but nobody ever calls it that). Spiderman and/or Spider Man are both incorrect.

I've been on the ride a dozen or so times from the park's opening until sometime in the spring of 2001. I've only encountered a technical problem one time. Does the ride break down a lot more frequently these days?

In my opinion the ride is a blast. The story is decent, the ride is fun, and the 3-D effects are very good. The line queue is actually pretty good (very "realistic" comic book office environment) and those TVs are hilarious. Especially the video explaining how to ride properly in the vehicles.

As for "the best ride in the world", that's purely just an opinion of some people. With all of the different rides and styles of rides out there, there have to be many categories for all the different styles. Then each ride has to be rated by people. Finally, once the results are in no matter what people will disagree with the rides that are chosen. It's a system that's seriously flawed and will never work.

My opinion for the "best ride in the world"? None other than Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom