[speculation] Guardians of the Galaxy 4D show at Imagination?

FettFan

Original Poster
So...GotG: Mission Breakout! will be opening Saturday at DCA (formerly the Tower of Terror), and already photos of the queue have been popping up, including a number of references to other Marvel/Disney properties such as a jar full of Chitauri eyeballs, a Dark Elf mask, the remains of an Ultron drone.....
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Guardians-ride-31.jpg

And a lovable fellow with a royal purple pigment.
18740236_10155289483464330_4977914027631594773_n.jpg

Photo Credit: Attractions Magazine

Now we've all been hearing rumors of the Guardians coming to Epcot, specifically in the Universe of Energy, thanks to some concurrent plans for an expansion between UoE and WoL.
BUT...that has never sat well with me, as well as a number of Epcot fans who consider it to be even worse than putting Frozen into Norway.

My line of thinking has always been that if GotG would be in Epcot for any reason, it should be in the Magic Eye Theater at Imagination, formerly home of Captain EO and Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and currently housing "Pixar Film Festival" (aka Pixar shorts that you've already seen over and over, just converted to 3D) (yawn).

- The GotG are about sci fi adventure...just like Captain EO and HISHA.
- The GotG do not add to a theme of energy or conservation that would be needed for the UoE building or future expansion.
- Putting GotG in Imagination would work as a time-eater for people with fast passes for Soarin' next door at The Land. Because seriously, Epcot is BIG. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.
Having another major attraction that kids would be interested in, that is a short distance away from Soarin' (because lets face it, they don't care about Circle of Life), would be a no-brainer.

Anyway, to me, this looks like Imagineering throwing us a clue to their plans for Epcot and the limited number of Marvel properties they can use in the Florida parks. And I honestly think that we're going to see them in Imagination rather than in UoE.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Speculation is key. Yeah. I had the same madcap theory a while back. But why? Could it be misreading between the lines? Misinterpreting would-be clues or thinking theses individual events somehow link together to form a bigger picture?

I honestly don't know. My hope is that the IP doesn't land there. Or really anywhere in Epcot! The thing is; What if it took over Journey? Now there's a scary thought. One that isn't out of the realm of possibility when it comes to this IP. At this point; I can only speculate but HOPE that isn't the case. Fun arm-chair speculation though.

Gotta say, It's nice to know I'm not the only one wearing a foil hat! ;)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...fornia-adventure.915850/page-257#post-7715240

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom