Spectromagic question...

MichelleBelle

Original Poster
I have a question about the beginning of the Spectromagic parade... the people-doll-things with the lit up faces that play the trumpets and ride on the spinning globes - What are they? Are they specific characters just desinged for the parade? Do they have names? They really freak me out... must be the cross between clown and porcelein doll... I was just curious...

I looked at a few places on the web about the parade and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask the people who may know!

mathmagic

Speaking of Spectromagic, I have another question. Didn't the whole parade used to change from black and white lights to color, and then back again, over and over? Seems to me the last few times I have seen it, it only changes to black and white at the end of the parade and don't know if the whole parade changes color or just the part I am seeing at the end. Anyone know?

Atta83

These little men you see at the beginning they are called SpectroMen.

And the question about the whole parade turing from black and white to color. As long as I have seen it which has been over 2 years now only the end of the parade changes from white to color.

MichelleBelle

Original Poster
Well the little "Spectro Men" are creepy... They seem out of place I guess... the only non-Disney part of the parade... they should have them throughout the parade changing the colors or something if they're part of the whole "Spectro" thing...

DisneyBound

We saw spectro once in October and twice last month and all three times the lights changed from color to all white several times throughout the parade. I have pictures of both...

Atta83

MichelleBelle said:
Well the little "Spectro Men" are creepy... They seem out of place I guess... the only non-Disney part of the parade... they should have them throughout the parade changing the colors or something if they're part of the whole "Spectro" thing...

Yeah they are pretty creepy but not so bad once you keep seeing them over and over again.

se8472

I love those guys. It really is my fav part of the whole parade.

In fact I have been known to only watch this part and then leave.

And out of all the times I have watch/worked spectro, I have never seen the entire parade change, just the end.

MichelleBelle

Original Poster
Yeah, I guess they're Ok... One thing I loved was the energy they bring to the start of the parade... they're so upbeat and laughing and dancing around... I think it would be cool to incorporate them more... maybe have them end the parade too.

brkgnews

I've never seen (qualified with I've only seen the parade three times) the whole parade change, just the end. On the three little pigs float, there are two big 'ol paint buckets -- one white, one multicolor. Piggy dips his brush in multicolor and waves it -- he paints the parade behind him with multicolor. He dips it in white -- he paints the parade behind him with white.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The end floats go from white to colo(u)r... the other floats have changes between different colo(u)r schemes. On top of that there are several individual charecter changes separate from the main floats.

xfkirsten

Atta83 said:
Yeah they are pretty creepy but not so bad once you keep seeing them over and over again.

I dunno, I was in MK Glow merch for 7 months and saw them every night... even did it once in Entertainment... and I still think they're really creepy... :lol:

MichelleBelle

Original Poster
Does anyone on here (in their photo albums maybe) have pics of the Spectro Men?

I searched Google Images and found nothing... but I know there's tons of pics on here.

Atta83

Yeah I think there are look under characters or magic kingdom pics. hope that helps..sorry i dont have a direct link.

Captain Hank

Here's one I took.

7902P4160209_edit.jpg

lesm2425

hi i seen the spectromagic to time now i and i did my own little homage to my self.

i do holiday lighting and i made my house change from colour to white something like the way it does in spectromagic.

the local kids wear wowed by it this year.
i used a computer to control the light a bit like what disney does.

les m uk

Tom

Beta Return
MichelleBelle said:
I have a question about the beginning of the Spectromagic parade... the people-doll-things with the lit up faces that play the trumpets and ride on the spinning globes - What are they? Are they specific characters just desinged for the parade? Do they have names? They really freak me out... must be the cross between clown and porcelein doll... I was just curious...

I looked at a few places on the web about the parade and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask the people who may know!

They're not quite so creepy when they're rehearsing :lol: I was on the Backstage Magic tour once, and we went in the Float Barn while those specific characters were rehearsing on the float. I stared for a minute to memorize the float and arrangement, because I had not seen the new SM parade yet, and that night would be my first time. We were sitting on the curb in front of the Train Station and sure enough, there they were! Pretty neat.

I agree on the scary clown image they give off - *shudder*

colliera

Another cool effect

While the color shifting effect is cool there is a better one if you manage to catch it. Tinkerbell is in a house/building and appears to be trapped. She looks out the windows and then flys around inside the building with a pixie dust trail following her.

I totally missed it when I was watching it and only discovered it watching a video tape playback. I believe some of the villians are also on that particular float.

The Spectro Men are just creepy. Somehow they just don't seem to fit.

tigger248

edwardtc said:
They're not quite so creepy when they're rehearsing :lol: I was on the Backstage Magic tour once, and we went in the Float Barn while those specific characters were rehearsing on the float. I stared for a minute to memorize the float and arrangement, because I had not seen the new SM parade yet, and that night would be my first time. We were sitting on the curb in front of the Train Station and sure enough, there they were! Pretty neat.

I agree on the scary clown image they give off - *shudder*

I think it's kinda cool when they rehearse. When I worked at splash, I'd occasionally see various scenes from various parades rehearsing (it's fairly close to the float barn). I thought it was a little funny to see them rehearse when there was no music, just the sound effects from the floats themselves (like the fish in spectro making the bubbling sounds without the music in the background).

colliera said:
While the color shifting effect is cool there is a better one if you manage to catch it. Tinkerbell is in a house/building and appears to be trapped. She looks out the windows and then flys around inside the building with a pixie dust trail following her.

I totally missed it when I was watching it and only discovered it watching a video tape playback. I believe some of the villians are also on that particular float.

The Spectro Men are just creepy. Somehow they just don't seem to fit.

That is a neat effect. It is on the pirate ship float, which is also the villains float (Captain Hook and the Evil Queen are on it). The window that Tink is in is towards the front of the float. Tink is animated (I may have a picture with her in it somewhere, but it's not digital).

Also, in all my times of watching the parade (and there have been many), I've always only seen the floats at the end change color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom