Speaking of check-out times, what about check-in?

cw1982

Original Poster
I saw where someone else posted about wanting to do a late checkout, and this got me thinking... we will be going down to Orlando the day before our trip and spending that night with friends who live in the area. Gives us a chance to spend time with them and rest up a little before we actually head to WDW.

Having said that, at the absolute latest this plan will put us at probably wanting to get to WDW at about lunch time, or maybe right after lunch that Sunday. Check in isn't supposed to be until 3... anyone know what the odds are that Pop Century might let us check in early so we can head on over to the MK? EMH are that night at MK, so I definitely want that to be where we start the trip :)

Bowler Hat Girl

You can check in early, even if your room isn't guaranteed to be ready till 3:00. It might be ready anyway, but if not, have bell services stow your luggage. You can set it up so they'll call or text you when your room is ready. I always check in early so I can get going! :)

cw1982

Original Poster
You can check in early, even if your room isn't guaranteed to be ready till 3:00. It might be ready anyway, but if not, have bell services stow your luggage. You can set it up so they'll call or text you when your room is ready. I always check in early so I can get going! :)

OK... so even if the room isn't ready, they'll hold our stuff until the room is ready? Do they then take it up when the room is ready or do we pick it up at bell services when we get back from the park? I know that all sounds silly... thanks for the information!

Bowler Hat Girl

It's not silly, it's just good planning! ;) You will have to go get your stuff from bell services when you return. The only time they bring luggage to your room without you in it is when it arrives from magical express. But your magic band/tickets/dining plan/room charge will be working as soon as you check in, even if you don't have a room yet.

cw1982

Original Poster
It's not silly, it's just good planning! ;) You will have to go get your stuff from bell services when you return. The only time they bring luggage to your room without you in it is when it arrives from magical express. But your magic band/tickets/dining plan/room charge will be working as soon as you check in, even if you don't have a room yet.
Makes sense. Thanks! :)

slappy magoo

I'd bet that at least 75% of the people on this forum, who routinely fly down to WDW as opposed to drive or take a train or astral project, also routinely take the earliest flight they can get, arrive on property before noon, and check their baggage and hit the parks for a few hours or take a dip in the pool hours before their room is ready.

Dafid Duck

I'd bet that at least 75% of the people on this forum, who routinely fly down to WDW as opposed to drive or take a train or astral project, also routinely take the earliest flight they can get, arrive on property before noon, and check their baggage and hit the parks for a few hours or take a dip in the pool hours before their room is ready.

Not only can you check in early and go to the parks, but the earlier you get there the better chance you have of getting a special request. If you want a certain building number or floor level your chances are better the earlier you get there.

JohnD

If you haven't yet done online check-in, when the 60 day mark arrives, you can tell them your expected arrival time and they will do their best to accommodate you. You should be fine for around lunch time. I've checked in before between 12 and 1 and haven't had any problems.

cw1982

Original Poster

I hadn't thought about that... good point!

Not only can you check in early and go to the parks, but the earlier you get there the better chance you have of getting a special request. If you want a certain building number or floor level your chances are better the earlier you get there.

Another good point. Thanks!

I have ever had to wait for a room at pop and I always check in around 11 it's always ready!

Good to know! I was about to ask when you normally go, but I just saw your dates listed in your signature. Thanks for the info!

If you haven't yet done online check-in, when the 60 day mark arrives, you can tell them your expected arrival time and they will do their best to accommodate you. You should be fine for around lunch time. I've checked in before between 12 and 1 and haven't had any problems.

That's very good information to have. Thank you! The only other times I've been to Disney were all when I was a kid going with my parents, so I never had to know much about the check-in process, etc... since I'm still a little under two weeks from that 60-day mark I haven't seen much of that part of the process yet. Very cool!

JohnD

I assume you have already created a MDE account. If not, create one ASAP and link to your hotel reservation with the confirmation number. The online check-in choice will appear at the 60-day mark. Assuming you have your tix, so will the option to make FP+ choices.

cw1982

Original Poster
I assume you have already created a MDE account. If not, create one ASAP and link to your hotel reservation with the confirmation number. The online check-in choice will appear at the 60-day mark. Assuming you have your tix, so will the option to make FP+ choices.

Yep! Been getting my MDE countdown since I was 90 days out from the trip LOL... sometimes I like to login and look at it just so I can see that countdown (although not so much now that I have explored that website exhaustively and have a countdown on my signature here).

ToTBellHop

Really? I always figured rooms were assigned several days before arrival like at most hotels. I've almost always had all of my requests filled regardless of my arrival time.

As to the OP, I'd estimate my room has been ready early about 25% of the time. It's usually not ready til around 2:30-3:00.

cw1982

Original Poster
Really? I always figured rooms were assigned several days before arrival like at most hotels. I've almost always had all of my requests filled regardless of my arrival time.

As to the OP, I'd estimate my room has been ready early about 25% of the time. It's usually not ready til around 2:30-3:00.

Thanks. I guess that's not such a big deal, as long as we can get to our stuff when we get back. We plan to be at MK until closing that night which will be 2 am :)

HouCuseChickie

Definitely list your arrival time when you do online check in...maybe even put it a smidge early. We have been lucky and never had to wait for our room...even when we checked into the Contemporary at 7am.

ToTBellHop

Thanks. I guess that's not such a big deal, as long as we can get to our stuff when we get back. We plan to be at MK until closing that night which will be 2 am :)
A warning--you can't pick up your bags at 2 am. Bell services closes at (I believe) 11 pm, so you'll need to get your bags before then or be stuck without them until morning!

CaptainShortty

I saw where someone else posted about wanting to do a late checkout, and this got me thinking... we will be going down to Orlando the day before our trip and spending that night with friends who live in the area. Gives us a chance to spend time with them and rest up a little before we actually head to WDW.

Having said that, at the absolute latest this plan will put us at probably wanting to get to WDW at about lunch time, or maybe right after lunch that Sunday. Check in isn't supposed to be until 3... anyone know what the odds are that Pop Century might let us check in early so we can head on over to the MK? EMH are that night at MK, so I definitely want that to be where we start the trip :)

You can check in anytime after about 5am even if your room isn't ready. Depending on how full pop is the night before and night of your check-in date will determine the likelyhood that you will get a room that's ready. The CM will check if there is a ready room available and if not can set you up for a text or email notification for when the room is ready. You can go on your way and enjoy and they'll text/email you with the room number when it's ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom