Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Expo_Seeker40

Hey @marni1971 you got confirmation that the girl in the window is still there, but stripped down? (That sounded weird)

ANY PHOTOS? (That sounded weirder)

Why would they keep her up there and not remove her when they removed the satellite and astronauts in 1994?

Also any more photos of the space station scene from 82-94?

HMF

Hey @marni1971 you got confirmation that the girl in the window is still there, but stripped down? (That sounded weird)

ANY PHOTOS? (That sounded weirder)

Why would they keep her up there and not remove her when they removed the satellite and astronauts in 1994?

Also any more photos of the space station scene from 82-94?
I thought it was established that she became Keiko in the 94 Videophone scene.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I remember this summer I specifically tried looking for the window and was very excited when I finally did see it. Now I look at it every time I ride.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
What window are you talking about? I would love to try to find it. Thanks
For the first two versions of the ride, there was this this Spaceship (the point of this thread) with a window that a girl would be looking out of. During the 1994 renovation, the entire set piece was painted over in black. Nowadays, it can be seen in the field of infinite blue lights by looking very carefully behind you when you enter the area.

dstrawn9889

SE12.jpg
SES01.jpg
SE09.jpg

all from jeff lange dvd... pulled from google picture search

MaxW

that's crazy! i love this ride and never knew of this scene! and to be just painted over is disappointing. Then again the descent as a whole is disappointing

dstrawn9889

the satellites IMHO are just tarped... if you perform the vile Taboo of flash photography in the planetarium dome, you can see them still... beware the wrath of Guests!

theRIOT

So, due to me being a complete freak and obsessed with SSE and it's changes, I have spent the last 2 days rereading this entire thread.
I forgot how much info was discussed so many years ago.

So a question for @marni1971

Way back in the middle of the thread there were several links to photo albums you created with pictures taken by Jeff Lange during the now infamous Misson:Earth.

Do these photos still exsist somewhere? The links are now dead,I assume this is from years of changes to the site by Steve.

Keep up the good work.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do these photos still exsist somewhere? The links are now dead,I assume this is from years of changes to the site by Steve..
Wow. That's a blast from the past! I love this thread.

Can give me a post or page number in the thread? It's been going so long now. And I'll see what I can find.

ABQ

Wow. That's a blast from the past! I love this thread.

Can give me a post or page number in the thread? It's been going so long now. And I'll see what I can find.
Possibly around page 19 Martin. Seems a few pictures on this thread point to a former WDWmagic photoalbum which no longer resolves: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/3534/medium/IMG_3742laser.jpg
However Google has a number of them cached if you search images on Google for "spaceship earth 180 top"
things like this show up
SSE.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom