Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

WDW Monorail

The space station location kinda proves that my vision sucks now. I used to be able to see it fine a few years ago but am no longer able to see it very well.

Hatbox12

Look what I found. May I present...TGITW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:

Hatbox12

Being the geek I am with these things, I`ve recently been doing some research for a video including 180 top from the Perrin & Cronkite era.

As well as the satellite and astronaut there was also a form - as in a shape in the darkness - of a space station. The station had a window in it which had a girl looking out, hands on glass, watching the work on the satellite. It was this `station` that the ride passed under and into backwards, and it was also the structure that held the red strips of light and dome above the track as the descent began.

Here is a work in progress of the layout of 180 top pre 1994:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 225

Hatbox12

Right! Just bought a promotional book of Epcot from 1981 and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the picture. That is actually the Guttenburg AA to the right of her.

Expo_Seeker40

Have they ever confirmed if they removed the AA figure from the window in the 94 refurb, or is she still there behind the painted up window?

Some have said she is still up there, but skinned and used for parts...why go thru the trouble of going up there from time to time and not just remove her completely?

Expo_Seeker40

Not to destroy this thread, but that might not be window girl. That might be one of the figures that used to be in the renaissance scene listening to a book reading.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not to destroy this thread, but that might not be window girl. That might be one of the figures that used to be in the renaissance scene listening to a book reading.
Crossed my mind too. Window girl was only seen from the waist up. They wouldn't add detail below the chest area.

Clothing looks more like what the paperless office pre 1993 AA wore - though the hair is different.

I'm also pretty sure the right side Comms Centre AA (again pre 1993) had a dark bob wig too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom