Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

AKL2003

I rode SSE tonight and WOW its in really rough shape…the ascent was actually embarrassing and the descent was equally as bad…surprisingly most of the scenes weren’t in terrible shape, but what a shame!!! Refurb can not happen soon enough… i may catch flack for this take but its in worse shape than Imagination IMHO 🤷🏻‍♀️

BasiltheBatLord

I rode SSE tonight and WOW its in really rough shape…the ascent was actually embarrassing and the descent was equally as bad…surprisingly most of the scenes weren’t in terrible shape, but what a shame!!! Refurb can not happen soon enough… i may catch flack for this take but its in worse shape than Imagination IMHO 🤷🏻‍♀️
I also rode today (twice) and was actually surprised what good shape it was in, the show scenes at least. The track is indeed loud and somewhat rickety but honestly was not that bad imo.

All the AAs were moving as intended as far as I could tell. Also noticed the burning Library scent, although it was faint. On my first ride through the cavemen and Egyptians were not moving at all but on a later ride this evening they were.

I also noticed the blacked out space station in the descent for the first time, it was easier to spot than I imagined it would be.

SteveAZee

I also rode today (twice) and was actually surprised what good shape it was in, the show scenes at least. The track is indeed loud and somewhat rickety but honestly was not that bad imo.

All the AAs were moving as intended as far as I could tell. Also noticed the burning Library scent, although it was faint. On my first ride through the cavemen and Egyptians were not moving at all but on a later ride this evening they were.

I also noticed the blacked out space station in the descent for the first time, it was easier to spot than I imagined it would be.
Those were my observations from about a month ago as well.

EXCEPT:

We were online for a while with the line at a standstill. I could see inside the the cars weren't moving... took about 10 to 15 minutes and the ride started again... long enough get in a car and begin the ascent only to have it stop... this time for about 30 minutes until we were all finally vacated.

My sense of things was a larger-than-normal amount of rides (ToT, Test Track (weather was fine), SSE, RockNRollerCoaster) and others were down for hours, if not longer, while we were there.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

some ride vehicles may be better than others because when I rode it about 2 months ago it was in SUPER bad shape...or maybe they've been able to make minor repairs on some things (hopefully)

dmc493

IMG_5014.jpeg

this isn’t anything new but seeing as I came to a complete stop 4-5 times on SSE this trip, I was able to get some good iPhone Night Mode shots. And good lord is the descent pathetic, I mean just fabric draped everywhere, saggy ceilings, random exposed mesh etc etc. Again I know I’m bringing nothing new to the table but the more you look, the crazier it is how much missed potential there is

Mickeynerd17

View attachment 764488
this isn’t anything new but seeing as I came to a complete stop 4-5 times on SSE this trip, I was able to get some good iPhone Night Mode shots. And good lord is the descent pathetic, I mean just fabric draped everywhere, saggy ceilings, random exposed mesh etc etc. Again I know I’m bringing nothing new to the table but the more you look, the crazier it is how much missed potential there is
They did that because the average guest will have their face in the screen not at the ceiling. It's in a sad state, but we must remember the design intentions.

dmc493

They did that because the average guest will have their face in the screen not at the ceiling. It's in a sad state, but we must remember the design intentions.
Bleh true. Ok well the screens are bad and so are the nonexistent show sets around your car. Im in my post vacation haze and all I want is a redo that doesn’t add a billion screens or a colon to the title

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
View attachment 764488
Imagineering at it's finest

....budget cut... and then said screw it we're done

Skibum1970

Too soon. 😭

Yeah, that picture was so saddening. I really miss that ride even after all this time. It's why I am scared of Imagineering touching Spaceship Earth. It is a great ride as is but could definitely use the ride system upgraded, fix some of the scenes by cleaning or repairing but not changing, and bring back the descent scenes. However, I want the ride to basically stay as is and no "updating it by ruining it".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom