Spaceship Earth, Disneyland.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
I know this is partly about Disneyland, but I think it's more important for this part of the forum.

So I was looking at Darkbeer's most recent Disneyland photos, right? Then what do I spy, but this little thing in Innoventions....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/4431974_hhyti#260438787

That's right, they're ganking Spaceship Earth's ending! My guess is that it'll be the ending, but stand-alone. location, faces, choices and all. Just NOT on the ride. I know they have Project Tommorrow, but come on! This is a little much. Why do they always get the best stuff AND whatever we have?
:lol::hammer:

Skippy_

Well, I said from the beginning that it was just a cheap gimmick that belonged in Innoventions and it looks like even Disney agrees with me.

Nicole220

I know this is partly about Disneyland, but I think it's more important for this part of the forum.

So I was looking at Darkbeer's most recent Disneyland photos, right? Then what do I spy, but this little thing in Innoventions....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/4431974_hhyti#260438787

That's right, they're ganking Spaceship Earth's ending! My guess is that it'll be the ending, but stand-alone. location, faces, choices and all. Just NOT on the ride. I know they have Project Tommorrow, but come on! This is a little much. Why do they always get the best stuff AND whatever we have?
:lol::hammer:
Because, clearly, we are the favorite. :king:

:lookaroun

Horizons1

Don't say anything about this to the DLers, they'll scream their version is superior to our stoopid WDW version. (No offense to anyone from DL :D)

kcnole

It should have been this way at SSE from the start. I've always said that video looks to be more of a post show than part of the ride.

CThaddeus

Saw it with my own two eyes last week. Lame if you ask me. They're whole Innoventions is bo-ring.

Uh, considering the whole bottom level is currently being remodeled, I don't know that you can truly say their "whole Innoventions is bo-ring."
I have to say I love having a small piece of Spaceship Earth in Innoventions, though. Now if we could just convince them to put the Irons version of the attraction somewhere in the Resort...

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Uh, considering the whole bottom level is currently being remodeled, I don't know that you can truly say their "whole Innoventions is bo-ring."
I have to say I love having a small piece of Spaceship Earth in Innoventions, though. Now if we could just convince them to put the Irons version of the attraction somewhere in the Resort...

Last time I checked, the website wasn't called dlrmagic.com. Hence the "their" comment. And to the typical tourist (such as I was), I went to Innoventions around 11:00. Project Tommorrow - closed, Honda Asimo - closed, no idea there even was a downstairs (until I was a CM outside the door and ask what was down there). So I got to play some XBox games and see what I'd look like 30 years from now using 80's technology.

Not dissing it. It is what it is. It just needs some love. The whole XBox area cheapened it.

CThaddeus

Last time I checked, the website wasn't called dlrmagic.com. Hence the "their" comment. And to the typical tourist (such as I was), I went to Innoventions around 11:00. Project Tommorrow - closed, Honda Asimo - closed, no idea there even was a downstairs (until I was a CM outside the door and ask what was down there). So I got to play some XBox games and see what I'd look like 30 years from now using 80's technology.

Not dissing it. It is what it is. It just needs some love. The whole XBox area cheapened it.

Doesn't Epcot's Innoventions still have an X-Box section? But you're right. Up until this point in time, much of what was in there was little more than video game related stuff. Still, I do like the Asimo show and Stitch's Picture Phone...when they're open.
Truth is they probably should have just closed up the whole thing until it's all done but they may have some contracts with Honda, Siemens, or St. Joseph's to be open for at least a certain amount of time every day.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Doesn't Epcot's Innoventions still have an X-Box section? But you're right. Up until this point in time, much of what was in there was little more than video game related stuff. Still, I do like the Asimo show and Stitch's Picture Phone...when they're open.
Truth is they probably should have just closed up the whole thing until it's all done but they may have some contracts with Honda, Siemens, or St. Joseph's to be open for at least a certain amount of time every day.

Don't remember an XBox area at EPCOT. I think there may be some on the far wall near Segway. I'm kinda bummed I missed the Asimo thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom