Spaceship Earth Burning Rome Scene

articos

I think the chariot was a product of its time. When taken in context of the whole ride with the effects, show scenes and original narration designed and built in the late 70s/early 80s, the chariot works very well. If you have never ridden SE until recently and saw the chariot effect, it probably looks a tad cheeseball and may not make as much sense.

Last time I ran through SE, the press wasn't working. That one always bugs me.

The Empress Lilly

It left with the Irons version. Some higher-up in WDI thought it looked cheesy which considering the new descent and narration is pretty amazing.
Well the chariot did look cheesy.

But here's a thought: the solution then is not 'remove chariot riding off into the distance altogether'. The solution is: 'replace with a 21st century effect of chariot riding off into the distance'.

HMF

Well the chariot did look cheesy.

But here's a thought: the solution then is not 'remove chariot riding off into the distance altogether'. The solution is: 'replace with a 21st century effect of chariot riding off into the distance'.
I agree completely. Maybe they could have allocated the funds used to censor the Renaissance scene or of course the embarrassing descent video.

pumpkin7

i remember the chariot!
shame they get rid of stuff and don't bother replacing it.

however....
i was just watching martins ultimate tribute to horizons... why they thought mission space was a suitable replacement, i don't know. so much work went into it and it looked like such a cool ride. i never got to ride it. so bummed.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

haha..oh Empress Lilly...there you go bringing logic into the conversation again.
What's wrong with you?

swissamy

One thing I discovered totally by surprise is that the Chinese Lapsang Suchong tea smells exactly like Rome Burning. I was teaching my 1st grade class a unit about China and we sampled the tea and when I opened it, I went crazy because of the "Rome Burning" smell - Strangely enough...noone appreciated my excitement:confused:

aladdin2007

One thing I discovered totally by surprise is that the Chinese Lapsang Suchong tea smells exactly like Rome Burning. I was teaching my 1st grade class a unit about China and we sampled the tea and when I opened it, I went crazy because of the "Rome Burning" smell - Strangely enough...noone appreciated my excitement:confused:

Yeah that tea is the exact same scent, I was floored when I opened the box. Its by Twinings in case anyone is wondering. Maybe they should sponsor SE instead.

jensenrick

Swissamy- just wanted to say, love your icon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom