Spacemountain2 Site

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's a very well done site. But I have to question how relevent it is. That didnt give to me any idea at all about what Space Mountain is really like (either the previous version, or the new version). It looked more like Mission Space to me. I find this to be quite a common problem with those type of Flash mini-sites. Awesome visuals, very well executed, but has very little resemblance to the actual finished product.

jrriddle

Original Poster
wdwmagic said:
It's a very well done site. But I have to question how relevent it is. That didnt give to me any idea at all about what Space Mountain is really like (either the previous version, or the new version). It looked more like Mission Space to me. I find this to be quite a common problem with those type of Flash mini-sites. Awesome visuals, very well executed, but has very little resemblance to the actual finished product.
I totally agree, but I saw it at 8:00 AM this morning.
All the pretty pictures, brain not quite awake, coffee not quite finished.
All I could think was "Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!" :lol:

Jorn2005

wdwmagic said:

In fact you are not so wrong...if you look at one of the two trailers that are online at the site on deck 1 (briefing room), you'll see footage from people screaming in Epcot's Mission: Space seats...mixed with the footage from the teaser trailer for Space Mountain: Mission 2. This has really stunned a lot of DLRP fans on several dlrp forums; because why would DLRP use footage from Mission: Space when it already has the old version of Space Mountain available to shoot in? And Mission: Space is not a rollercoaster, something that can clearly be seen (oke, maybe only by fans)
Anyway, a lot of fans are now concerned where the Jules Verne part of the attraction has gone to...since all these marketing campaigns promote something totally different.

Jorn

Hammer1310

I agree totally. I was just looking to see what prices where like for Paris and Tokyo when I came across the SM2 flash tonight. I can't say from watching it all if I came away with any clear picture of what the ride is supposed to be. (if I hadn't been on SM or MS)

it398

I still can't quite get my head round this perhaps someonce can help me.

with mission 2 how is it different to the original other than new trains? is the track being altered? what about the queing area?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
it398 - new theme. This mission takes you way past the moon. New musical score, sound effects (both incar and external apparently) and a total redo of the visual effects - if they come off half as good as the concept art it will be amazing! Not to mention a launch from the bottom of the catapult (instead of the creeping half way up to launch just before the cannon slots)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom