Space Pavillion

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
I've recently begun a re-imagineering of Epcot, primarily Future World, but perhaps I'll include World Showcase too. It will indeed take some time to get properly done, as my studies are killing me :) Anyways, here is the first basic shape of one of the new buildings; the space pavillion. Now I haven't worked out all the details for it yet, but it will include at least two attractions at the pavillion, one of them being almost completely like the current Mission: Space.

Anyways, some might say the design of the Space Pavillion look a lot like the early concept art and it does. I chose this because it in many ways reflects the beautiful design of Horizon, while still bringing something new. And remember, this is only the basic shape. I'm not very good with 3D Studio Max yet, so it can take some time to get it done ;)

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/14603front.jpg

So this is just to let you know of my little project. I'll keep you updated when I have more (I know this isn't much).

DarkMeasures

Keep the centerfuges, but theme it to an actual Space Mission. I would say having pull away scenery but theming the pods where you are lifted to position would be better.

DarkMeasures said:
Keep the centerfuges, but theme it to an actual Space Mission. I would say having pull away scenery but theming the pods where you are lifted to position would be better.

I always thought simple re-tracting tunnels would work just fine, it would be inexpensive and effective, rather than a hallway one could have a fake elevator 'ala Sea Cabs and then the entrance look like a loading platform, the tunnel would then be the bridge to the spaceship, sort of like that last stretch when boarding an airplane. The side of the centrifuge car with the tunnel edges up against it would just make it look like the portion of the larger spaceship.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Don't worry, I have some interesting idea for the Mission: Space ride...
And as I said, the Pavillion will include at least one more ride, so there'll be plenty :p

DarkMeasures

I had, from a plan I never released was to expand the back of the current pavilian. The new ride would be 2 giant S&S space shots hidden within 2 shuttles towering behind the pavilian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom