Souvenir mugs

McCullagh

Original Poster
We are at WDW now and I just spoke to the manager of the resort quick service. I explained to him that I understand the new length of state mug policy for financial reasons. However as a DVC member WDW "welcomes me home" two or three times a year and that with six people in our party we do not need 12-18 mugs a year. He said just throw them out, very un Disney-like in regard to pollution, ecology etc. I stated that I do not mind paying but to acquire 18 mugs a year and through them out seems nuts. I would not purchase a new shirt and throw it out because I buy one on my next visit. I don't mind paying, the 17.99 is a good deal but how about just a new "chip" or lid or sticker or something. A mug once every five tears or so is a great souvenir but not for three times a year. After all I thought as a DVC member I was suppose to be like family. Any thoughts?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My guess is that at some point in time the refills will be linked to the band and you can bring any container you would like for your beverages.

G00fyDad

Disney does not need to put a new RFID chip on the mugs in order to allow its use in future visits. They can simply reactivate that one. It seems silly that they are not doing this yet. They can reactivate it for a lower price and help save the environment in the process.

I do like the idea of linking the drink machines to the band or KttW card though. Then you can use any container you wish. It would still spit out the regular ounces that it does right now, but the mug will not matter. Of course then Disney loses out on the upselling of the mugs and/or reactivation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom