Sounds Dangerous at MGM

SeiraB17

Original Poster
Sounds Dangerous at MGM. Ok, i've been on it and i personally do not care for it at all but that is just my opinion. I was wondering if anyone liked it or didn't like it. If you don't like it what would you like to see there instead???

cherrynegra

I personally do not like this "attraction" at all. I think it's a complete waste of space and it's just filler. However, while there, I did take the oppurtunity to take a quick nap. Dark air conditioned room, it was perfect. :lol:

DisneySaint

I don't think it's so bad myself. It was MUCH better, though, when they had the old noise-cancelling headphones that really gave you the heebie-jeebies when some of the certain "parts" happened. They have since been replaced with these poor quality, junk headphones that make you listen to basically some normal day in the life of a fake Drew Carey.

LouDisney

I personally do not care for it.
I have to admit that I took a quick nap in there too. I do not sleep or nap during shows, etc., but this one I did. :lookaroun

bugsbunny

Back in the day when they had good headphones, it was really cool.

The headphones they have now seem of the same quality you get on an airplane. :animwink:

Hochmania

I think its allright. When you're hot and tired in the afternoon, it's comfy chairs, pitch blackness and lots of A/C seem like a godsend.

shopgirl146

I do agree that it provides a place to cool off, but i think that there are much better attractons that could be put there that would also cool people off and provide a better form of entertainment. but thats just my opinion :)

Nora

The only merit I see to Sounds Dangerous is that it is so close to the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular that some people head there after the show, keeping them away from the attractions I want to go on.:)

Mom's the word

This was okay but I preferred the Monster Sound Show - was that the name?- with Martin Short and Chevy Chase. More audience participation and it was a truly funny show IMHO. :)

DigitalDisney

That building will forever be cheap, filler attractions.

I prefer back when they had Monster Sound Show and Superstar Television instead of the current lineup, but I will be the first to admit that they were not exactly high budget attractions.

Sounds Dangerous is simple, but entertaining. It's never a high priority for me on a trip to MGM, but it is cheesy and fun. It's also a shameless promotion for an ABC show / celebrity, but that should be no surprise.

webmomom

Mom's the word said:
This was okay but I preferred the Monster Sound Show - was that the name?- with Martin Short and Chevy Chase. More audience participation and it was a truly funny show IMHO. :)

Iagree I like the other show much better. It was fun watching everyone trying to do the noises for the film. Since I really do not care for Drew Cary that could be part of the problem for me.

TTATraveler

Sounds Dangerous = Sounds Boring.:rolleyes: To me, this attraction provides little value other than a place to cool off and take a nap in the pitch black for 10 minutes. Monster Sound Show by far was the best use of this space. It is unfortunate that Monster Sound Show and Superstar TV are gone. Both attractions were fun and added to MGM's theme. This area of the park needs some work. An empty Super Star TV theater and Sounds Boring next door could be made into one big or two good attractions.

Pioneer Hall

I agree that this attraction is a waste of space. You sit in the theater for 12 minutes and 8 minutes of the show takes place in total darkness. What is the point? I know they want you to appreciate the sound effects, but there has to be a better way for them to do that. The show is unimaginative and could use some sort of replacement.

speck76

Not every attraction needs to be an E-ticket.

I think Sounds Dangerous should be replaced, but with something along the same line as what has been there in the past (Monster Sound show).

I really wish something would be put in the old Superstar Television theater.

Pioneer Hall

speck76 said:

I think Sounds Dangerous should be replaced, but with something along the same line as what has been there in the past (Monster Sound show).

Agreed...it doesn't need to be an E-ticket. It just needs to have substance. There needs to be more than just sitting in a dark room for 10 minutes.

dxwwf3

I think Sounds Dangerous is a pretty good attraction. I like the simple headphones approach. It is something that is unique and I enjoy seeing it once a trip. I wouldn't be too upset if it were replaced, but I think it is underrated. Some of the sound effects here great. I think this is certainly better than the ABC Saturday Morning Cartoon show they had in there before. At least Sounds Dangerous is pretty original.

I won't lose any sleep if it is replaced though. Hopefully something new will come to the ABC Theater as well.

epcotfan

speck76 said:

I agree Speck. I adore Drew Carey, but I really wish the Monster Sound Show would return. I also loved Superstar Television. It was a terrific attraction that always had hilarious shows.

CubbieMan

This is one of the few attractions I have never done...I was wondering if the headphones were on par with those that use to feature sound effect in the Monster Sound Post Show..you those dark booths at the end...I thought that was impressive at the time.

CrisKennedy

My husband and I have only done Sounds Dangerous once. And will never do it again. It was totally boring and complete waste of time. The only good thing I can say about it is it gets you out of the heat for a short period of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom