Sometimes I wonder... Whats the main concern?

xstechbabe

Original Poster
From Orlando Senteinal

At Walt Disney World, the resort's theme parks are always secured in a variety of ways when any storm is projected to cross Central Florida, but top priority is given to the hundreds of animals at Animal Kingdom.

Yep...well...

I must say that I dealt with major lack of common sense the day Charley hit from both guest and cast...lets hope this goes better...

BTW A HURRRICANE IS COMMING PEOPLE! WHEN WE CLOSE PLEASE LEAVE... NO YOU CAN'T RIDE AGAIN!!! JUST GET BACK TO THE HOTEL OR YOUR HOME AND LET US DO WHAT WE NEED TO!!!!!

Sorry but like I said last time lot of lack of sense... and I wanted to get it off my chest...

MsSnuzi

PhotoDave219 said:
How about the peopel who flooded the front desks with demands for comps because they lost cable?
No they didn't?!?!
People are just too much, I don't get how they can be that way. Guess it takes all kinds . . . .

Gregory

I actually saw people stealing things from the hotels store... after all, its Disney's fault that they didn't know a massive hurricane was coming, right? :lookaroun

It amazes me what goes on in some peoples heads...

tigger248

What can I say? People are dumb. What seems like common sense or something necessary for survival is nothing but an "inconvenience" to some people.

Totally unrelated to the hurricanes in Florida, but I got a call from a guest last week (I work at my local Six Flags park) regarding a severe storm we had in July. Our park was closed due to severe storm damage, loss of trees, and loss of power. We offered comps for guests to return another day, yet we still "ruined" these people's trips. This guest on the phone informed me that "it's not her fault we had a storm". As if it was ours. :rolleyes:

I also had a friend who was down there during Charley. They received the comps for the half day, but they were some of those people who still weren't satisfied. Last I heard, they were planning to write to Disney to try to get more out of them. I think that is utterly rediculous! They should be happy they got the comps for the half day and were able to go home to a perfect house with no hurricane damage.

raven

People can be very stupid in desparate times like a storm. They don't think. But then again, even without a storm some guests are stupid. :lol:

miles1

FamilyMan said:
I heard one guest complained that the park wasn't open during the hurricane... it was just a little rain...

Shiesh...

This same person would be the first to retain a lawyer if a branch or sign fell on them while they were in the park during the storm.

LoriMistress

I feel like it's my turn to rant. Though, it's not on the subject of WDW or the hurricane, but it's on just people on being plain stupid and igoring danger.

A few years ago my mom and I went to the mall for the After Christmas Sale. We were at the Hallmark store and there was a freon (sp?) leak and they asked everyone to leave the store so they can fix the leak. People just didn't understand that concept. People kept on saying, "Can I buy this now?" NO, YOU CAN'T! The same morons that stayed in the store trying to buy their merchandise had to go to the hospital because they were getting sick from the fumes from the freon leak. Stupid stupid people.

barnum42

In my retail days the emergency alarms went off and we had to evacuate and one customer refused to leave becase they had not decided which map they wanted to buy.

rosebud's mom

It always really upsets me to hear about the rescue workers who get injured or even killed trying to save the STUPID people who refuse to evacuate when the order is given. Like my dh says - maybe that's just natural selection ! Why should the sensible die trying to save the idiots ?

btw- this is not meant to offend. Idiots never recognize themselves anyway !

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
FamilyMan said:
I heard one guest complained that the park wasn't open during the hurricane... it was just a little rain...

Shiesh...

that is whn i tell that sob that a new attraction at Disney is waiting to be tested and reviewed................ the ride it called "Hurricane". oh it is a great attraction, you feel like you are actually in one..................... just step right through these doors and look out the window for your preshow............. now go through these doors and get your blown awaaaaayyyyyyyyy..........

COME AGAIN!

symbasys

xstechbabe said:
I must say that I dealt with major lack of common sense the day Charley hit from both guest and cast...lets hope this goes better...

"Common sense" is not as common as it used to be. :(

My mom and I have come up with the theory that there is actually only one brain in existence, and everyone takes turns using it. When we see somebody do something stupid, we just say "It wasn't his day with the brain." :)

brisem

tigger248 said:
I also had a friend who was down there during Charley. They received the comps for the half day, but they were some of those people who still weren't satisfied. Last I heard, they were planning to write to Disney to try to get more out of them. I think that is utterly rediculous! They should be happy they got the comps for the half day and were able to go home to a perfect house with no hurricane damage.

It's so ridiculous, when you plan a travel for Florida or the Islands in the late summer-fall time period, you know there's always a chance of hurricanes and rain. It's the same time every year. That's why rates are a little cheaper. The guest should be happy that the Hotels operated the way they did. What these people fail to remember is the CM's have families and property there that they should have tended to. Sorry for the rant.

TheDisneyGirl02

I will admit that when i was down there for Charley, I didn't prepare like I should have. We didn't go and get bottled water or any extra food at the store...I didn't think it was going to be as bad. Being from the north, I had never been through anything like that before! As for acting stupid, I know the guests at Carribean Beach freaked out when the first rain band came through. I felt like I was on the Titanic! People were grabbing for food like there was no tomorrow. One man tried to scoop up all of the fresh sandwiches that had just been put out. It was nuts! But overall, I know Disney did a great job of keeping the guests calm and informed. People complaining that their cable was out was just downright selfish. People lost their homes and in some cases, their lives and they are worried about tv? That's crazy!

TheDisneyGirl02 :)

Moonshadow1

brisem said:
It's so ridiculous, when you plan a travel for Florida or the Islands in the late summer-fall time period, you know there's always a chance of hurricanes and rain. It's the same time every year. That's why rates are a little cheaper. The guest should be happy that the Hotels operated the way they did. What these people fail to remember is the CM's have families and property there that they should have tended to. Sorry for the rant.

I totally agree. Sometimes I feel like they do these things because to them only what they want matters. Who cares if Your worldly possesions, house and family are in danger. I want my vacation.

Sat after Charley hit, the club I work at had to open for a catered function. The lady refuse to rebook the day, or even come in early. We informed her that due to the curfew in place by the Sherriff's department, she and her guests would have to leave by nine, so that the staff could make it home by 10pm. Her response was "Well I called the Sherriff, and he told me I did not have to obey the curfew." Needless to say once we stopped serving drinks, brought in all the food, and told the DJ we were about to turn off the electric they finally left. She did not care if we were all given $500 fines, or worse had accidents because street lights and traffic signals were out. She just wanted her party and she was the only one that mattered. :zipit:

Atta83

All I can say is once people go on vacation, they lose their brains.... They think that since the storm came (might I add they might of known the storm was coming and came anyway) that its got to be someone elses fault! I hate people who say at the parks, well it rained when the 3 o'clock parade was supposed to start and i didnt get to see it, what are you going to give me.....hello nothing....disney cant control the weather......duh

prberk

Moonshadow1 said:
I totally agree. Sometimes I feel like they do these things because to them only what they want matters. Who cares if Your worldly possesions, house and family are in danger. I want my vacation.

Sat after Charley hit, the club I work at had to open for a catered function. The lady refuse to rebook the day, or even come in early. We informed her that due to the curfew in place by the Sherriff's department, she and her guests would have to leave by nine, so that the staff could make it home by 10pm. Her response was "Well I called the Sherriff, and he told me I did not have to obey the curfew." Needless to say once we stopped serving drinks, brought in all the food, and told the DJ we were about to turn off the electric they finally left. She did not care if we were all given $500 fines, or worse had accidents because street lights and traffic signals were out. She just wanted her party and she was the only one that mattered. :zipit:

I am so sorry that happened. Crazy.

And I bet if she had had major destruction that kept her from actually getting to your place, she would have called and wanted to cancel and GET A REFUND...

Let's just hope that more people understand things this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom