Something entirely different

thedreamfinder

Original Poster
I have many ideas that would probably really be helpful to an amusement park. At least they are all different and creative like this world has yet to see. Probably some of them wouldn't be all that great, but who knows since I've never pitched them before.

A long time ago I would come up with ride and entertainment ideas and draw them out on paper. Lately I haven't had the time or passion, but today I was thinking about one and thought I would just write about it and get it out in the open at least.

I think a place like Disney could pull it off.

Have a ride that is a dining experience. I won't give to many details, but basically have your party sit at a booth and have the booth move through different scenes while ordering, getting served, etc. The ride could move slow enough to change areas every 5 minutes and not make people sick. And have small places to escape the experience every 15 minutes or so (so they don't feel stuck and can leave when they feel like leaving). Of course the wait staff would have access and come to your tables etc. The tables could go through 3D surroundings of movie scenes. Make it relaxing and fun for everyone. Maybe even make it interactive while the family waits for their food to pass the time.

A few other crazy ideas I have that don't include the above... have a night club or restaurant transform itself around you. Put in a very elaborate (almost 3D like with pillars and water) projection system that would cover all the walls and ceiling and floor and have the system change the environment while guests party to the music, or dine out.

Another would be a water ride that uses a track system with an elevator (think almost tower of terror like) to provide what feels like a water ride (unknown track to the guest) and then have it do some surprising moves like drop straight down over a cliff.

Just throwing out a few of the many ideas I have. Maybe someone out there will get inspired by them enough to create something different. Something we haven't seen before.

JungleTrekFan

With your first idea, im guessing it would be similar to The Garden Grill at The Land

The problem with the second one would making it so the projection was never blocked by someone or something, unless it used like giant tv's of sorts.

And your last idea sounds similar to Journey to atlantis, were its part rollercoaster. unless you wanted a more ToT drop, then you have to relize that the "boat would have to move slowly and stop on the mechanism were it could be locked in place before it actually dropped or accended.

thedreamfinder

Original Poster
With your first idea, im guessing it would be similar to The Garden Grill at The Land

The problem with the second one would making it so the projection was never blocked by someone or something, unless it used like giant tv's of sorts.

And your last idea sounds similar to Journey to atlantis, were its part rollercoaster. unless you wanted a more ToT drop, then you have to relize that the "boat would have to move slowly and stop on the mechanism were it could be locked in place before it actually dropped or accended.

Only slightly like the Garden Grill. The ride/restaurant would not just go in a circle and the environment would surround each table. Picture your typical dark ride like the Haunted Mansion or Journey into Imagination but turn the vehicle you are in into a table/booth. Slow it down some, and no steep hills. And immerse the patrons with a pleasant environment while they eat. You can go generic and have them move through jungles, waterfalls, etc. Or theme the ride to something like movie scenes similar to the great movie ride. You could even go sci fi. Just some examples.

With the projections it's easier to accomplish then it sounds. For instance, with the walls, floor, and ceiling the projectors could easily be behind the source (under the floor, behind the walls, etc). The pillars/objects in the middle could house the projectors inside as well. And for the water and other elements the projectors can be hung above the crowd and limited in how close a guest could get to them to block those views. The club/restaurant could change themes as well. Maybe have it "snow" or flying through an environment while you either dance or eat. Change it up to the songs being played if you go the club route. It would be a totally different and I believe sought after experience for those who like to go clubbing. The "light" show alone would be something entirely different. The club could change colors, patterns, environments that would extend/crush the normal disco ball/laser experience of today. Again just some of the many example I could give.

And for the last idea I was thinking a mix of both. The ride vehicle could easily look like it's going to go over a cliff and while building tension and slowly moving it could lock into place on a drop elevator underneath without guests really knowing, and then move the vehicle over the falls and drop. And at the same time while going along with water path the same vehicle could hook up again to a track section and become a water roller coaster without the guests really knowing what is happening. Obviously this ride wouldn't be for the faint of heart. In my initial drawings of this ride I actually included a 2 track system in which the guests would choose once they are inside if they want a mild ride, or a wild one.

tman2000

I like your restaurant idea. How about changing it a little and making a 'lazy river' for an amusement park. Kind of like, yes, a train that circles the park - but continuous so there's no wait - and with lots of stops. In between stops, you can see 'behind-the-scenes' stuff (not really, I mean like how TTA/People Mover shows you stuff). Meanwhile, the carriages have room for strollers and a whole family, and every 5th has a picnicking table. So you get on and watch the park go by in the shade when you need a break, but get off in the land you were heading to next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom