1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Something coming to the Energy Pavilion? GOTG?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by davis_unoxx, Jun 29, 2016.

1. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Building shapes were more closely linked to their individual themes.

SSE... obvious.

Energy.... something powerful and forceful seeming to push out of the ground

Horizons.... a gem. A spaceship. A futuristic, symmetrical shape.

Motion... a wheel.

Communicore - the community core, surrounding and radiating outwards from the heart of the park.

Imagination... the pyramids were the key. Originally the building was symmetrical but as operational designs changed the building somewhat grew to accommodate the layout of the interior. The theatre was always an annex.

The Land... again, symmetrical from the front. A mountain overlooking a plateau below (before the foliage hid it all)

The Seas... swirling, organic wave shapes around the central tank.

brb1006, Texas84, nbar and 18 others like this.
  2. britain

britain Well-Known Member

Oh yes, and it's more than just three circles. His eyes and nose are there too - and I think the tongue is at the theater front door.

3. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

This one perhaps?

https://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/vekoma-is-doing-hard-drugs-t36521.html

Seems like it would be perfect for GotG: The flying position is for when you are or with Star Lord flying through space in the dark indoor section and then you have the outdoor parts.

uncle jimmy and dreamscometrue like this.
  4. marni1971

No outdoor section.

5. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

It's sad that they are more or less abandoning this premise.

6. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Will it blend in well enough to so that I don't have to acknowledge it's existence.

Mike S and Marc Davis Fan like this.
  7. marni1971

All being well overall it shouldn't look out of place.

brb1006, EricsBiscuit, BPL and 11 others like this.
  8. montyz81

montyz81 Well-Known Member

I know, but it was harder to draw freehand on the computer without being able to see the shapes. I figured the three circles were enough to get the idea.

britain likes this.
  9. montyz81

montyz81 Well-Known Member

Will there be any reference, beyond an engraved nautilus on a rock face, to the current attraction? Will they do anything with energy or education about energy?

10. marni1971

We'll find out in three years.

11. mandstaft

mandstaft Well-Known Member

^^ It's been approved and is moving forward?

clemmo likes this.
  12. jme

jme Well-Known Member

Whoops, was thinking of the Flordia BTMRR

13. michmousefan

michmousefan Well-Known Member

Yep... I always seem to blow my friends' minds when I point this out to them when visiting...

brb1006 likes this.
  14. marni1971

Just had the theory of the brain layout debunked. By someone who should know. It was purely tech vs organic until 1989.

15. britain

britain Well-Known Member

Wha! Next thing you're going to tell me Walt isn't in a cyrogenic chamber underneath Spaceship Earth.

brb1006 and HauntedPirate like this.
  16. marni1971

Well....

brb1006, CJR, Mike S and 1 other person like this.
  17. Earl Sweatpants

Earl Sweatpants Well-Known Member

....I'm ok having my perception lowered slightly, but they still at least put some thought behind it instead of just willy nilly.

18. gljvd

gljvd Active Member

So your talking about a few star wars movies ?

Seriously Disney made 3B at the box office last year and could hit 2.5B again this year. Those movies also drive sales of cheap plastic toys and of course cheap plastic bluray discs and digital downloads. Disney is making money hand over fist and the parks are also doing really well at this point in time.

Also like the majority of projects they most likely already had the funding on the side ahead of time. I would imagine that DHS expansion was already paid for before ground was broken.

The way to look at it is this way , this decade all the parks received major upgrades or will be upgraded. Fantasy land expansion , Avatar , toy story /star wars and whatever epcot gets. From here on our if Disney is smart they just need to rehab older rides and perhaps add 1 to 2 rides a decade to the parks. We got to the problem of Hollywood and Epcot because they didn't add new stuff for a long time. Hollywood has basicly decayed since what ... RR or Tower ? What was the last big ride they got ? Even star tours was just a refurb of a ride. They can't let that happen again. They need to stay up on the parks making smaller investments more often instead of doing these large massive make overs. They will simply be less disruptive . Until toy story and star wars opens no one I know is planning to head to Hollywood studios and for the few who might go , its to hit it early in the morning do the 3 rides worth doing and heading to another park. They need to avoid something like that in the future.

Fox&Hound and ParentsOf4 like this.
  19. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Indeed, they essentially spent the last decade doing nothing and what little was done tended to be either OK or outright crap. That being said, I hope what changes are made are actual improvements rather than change for the sake of change which I fear might happen to Epcot.

20. rushtest4echo

rushtest4echo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure most people know/care, but Vekoma's prototype is a sideways loading flying coaster that rotates into the flying position after being dispatched (it may even be on a continuously moving load platform). B&M originally patented this idea but hasn't done anything with it. Disney's received a few patents for a similar system.

I know it's been discussed here a few times (probably within the 267 pages in this topic, hah). Just thought I'd resurface the discussion since most signs are pointing to this ride system being used for this ride. The sensation of dispatching in a semi-normal sitting position on a ride and then suddenly rotating into a flying position would be epic. Pretty sure that's what Disney's gunning for here.

DDLand and PorterRedkey like this.