Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl Sweatpants

You may also like to look at the aerial layout and notice the east side was all hard edges and straight lines. This related to hard, technical topics like Energy, transportation and human habitats.

The west side was all curved paths and waterways. This related to the more organic and less defined topics of Imagination, land and the seas.

EPCOT Center. So much detail for those who wanted to look.
I did notice that and was even more impressed :)

montyz81

You may also like to look at the aerial layout and notice the east side was all hard edges and straight lines. This related to hard, technical topics like Energy, transportation and human habitats.

The west side was all curved paths and waterways. This related to the more organic and less defined topics of Imagination, land and the seas.

EPCOT Center. So much detail for those who wanted to look.
Didn't the buildings shapes also follow this same idea? Well defined shapes verses loosely defined shapes?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So a few years ago we were talking about 3.5 billion which the bulk was going to DHS the rest for minor stuff in Epcot and MK is that still accurate?
That's not accurate today.

DHS is (very) roughly a billion and a half including infrastructure. Epcot very roughly a billion give or take what gets built vs what doesn't. Could be a bit less, could be quite a bit more.

MK.... jury's still out. 6-700 mil as a ballpark. Again I'm being deliberately vague.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Motion is a Wheel, Imagination is meant to evoke crystals and prisms (i.e. all the colors of the rainbow)

I would have though Imagination would be round, like the windmills of my mind, you know, round, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel, never ending or beginning, on an ever-spinning reel, like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon, like a clock whose hands are sweeping, past the minutes of its face, and the world is like an apple, whirling silently in space, like the circles that you find, in the windmills of your mind, like a tunnel that you follow, to a tunnel of its own, down a hollow to a cavern, where the sun has never shone, like a door that keeps revolving, in a half-forgotten dream, like the ripples from a pebble, someone tosses in a stream, like a clock whose hands are sweeping, past the minutes of its face, and the world is like an apple, whirling silently in space, like the circles that you find, in the windmills of your mind, keys that jingle in your pocket, words that jangle in your head, why did summer go so quickly?, was it something that you said?, lovers walk along a shore, and leave their footprints in the sand, is the sound of distant drumming, just the fingers of your hand?, pictures hanging in a hallway, and the fragment of a song, half-remembered names and faces, but to whom do they belong?, when you knew that it was over, you were suddenly aware, that the autumn leaves were turning, to the color of his hair?, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel, never ending or beginning, on an ever-spinning reel, as the images unwind, like the circles that you find, in the windmills of your mind.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Didn't the buildings shapes also follow this same idea? Well defined shapes verses loosely defined shapes?
Building shapes were more closely linked to their individual themes.

SSE... obvious.

Energy.... something powerful and forceful seeming to push out of the ground

Horizons.... a gem. A spaceship. A futuristic, symmetrical shape.

Motion... a wheel.

Communicore - the community core, surrounding and radiating outwards from the heart of the park.

Imagination... the pyramids were the key. Originally the building was symmetrical but as operational designs changed the building somewhat grew to accommodate the layout of the interior. The theatre was always an annex.

The Land... again, symmetrical from the front. A mountain overlooking a plateau below (before the foliage hid it all)

The Seas... swirling, organic wave shapes around the central tank.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

montyz81

Oh yes, and it's more than just three circles. His eyes and nose are there too - and I think the tongue is at the theater front door.
I know, but it was harder to draw freehand on the computer without being able to see the shapes. I figured the three circles were enough to get the idea.

jme

Thunder Mtn is a Vekoma (or it was until the track replacement). None of the Thunders have ever been Arrows though. The Arrow I was referring to was MK's Space Mountain, which much like Matterhorn has needed an overhaul forever.
Whoops, was thinking of the Flordia BTMRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom