Someone needs to tell advertising

In today's Sunday paper I saw an add for WDW. Starting at $59 a night (All Stars) with the code CQM.

What struck me is that they touted reasons for staying on site.

* Beautifully themed accommodations in the middle of Disney magic
* Renowned Disney service 24 hours a day.
* Complimentary transportation
* Early entry into selected WDW Theme Park attractions with paid admission.

I guess those "selected" attractions are the restaurants and shops along the main drag!

22 days and counting!

mickeyfan

Maybe there is a method behind there madness!!:D If the attendance is up enough from this advertisement, maybe they will bring back the Early Entry days!!

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by mickeyfan
Maybe there is a method behind there madness!!:D If the attendance is up enough from this advertisement, maybe they will bring back the Early Entry days!!

I think his point, though, was that with the early entry, the only thing they ever really let you do was shop since with parks like MK and MGM, none of the attractions were open until the whole park was open.

Upvote 0

faithful

Not True!! When early entry was in full swing all major attractions were open just not the smaller ones!! My family regularly took full advantage of this benefit. We even rode Buzz Lightyear about five times in a row without any line.

Upvote 0

NowInc

Yeah...early entry allowed SOME rides to be open. It is just a little errie sitting alone in Alien Encounter.....but usually by the time you go thru 2 or os rides the park will be opening.

Upvote 0

faithful

Beg to differ. If you got their at the time early entry started you could ride most of the key attraction rides before the park even opened. My family thought it was GREAT!! It will be missed.:(

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by faithful
Not True!! When early entry was in full swing all major attractions were open just not the smaller ones!! My family regularly took full advantage of this benefit. We even rode Buzz Lightyear about five times in a row without any line.

The last time I was in the MK for early entry, the entrance to all the lands was roped off. Guests were only allowed on Main Street and that park area in front of the castle. You could take the hoarse drawn trolley from the beginning of Main Street to the front of the castle and back or you could do the same thing with the old fashioned cabs and that was it. That would have been about 10 months ago.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
What was included on early entry days in the MK did change without notice! I've used it many times, and most of the time several "e ticket" rides were open, but I did hit a day when no rides were open, and the lands were roped off. (maybe it was the same day as Mr P?). Needless to say, my family was less than delighted with me for getting them up at the crack of dawn that day in order to be at the park early! :animwink:

Upvote 0

faithful

Last time I was there was 1 1/2 years ago and rides were running. Sounds like they have slowly been cutting back on early entry. Glad I didn't have the same experience of getting the family up only to see the ropes! That would stink. Going again this Thursday for 10 days and am very sad to see the parks open such few hours. Hopefully the experience is still magical.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom