Some Random Thoughts.....

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Putting this here as it's not really a trip review per se. Just some random observations.
Just got back from 3 nights at WL. So here goes:

Half of WL is shut down. The entire wing nearest the Villas is closed. You can't even use the elevators closest to the Mercantile. Everybody is forced to the ones nearest Roaring Fork. This has probably been discussed here, and I was aware of of ongoing construction as I stayed here this past Christmas. But I was a little surprised at the level of construction currently going on.

How nice it is that Raglan Road is no longer at the end of a nearly dead-end street. It has some of it's swagger back as you come across the new bridge. But as there is good, There is bad.....No Schnitzel Savvy on the menu...what? First Beefy Murray and now the Savvy? Well at least I still got the Lambo left.

The Daily Poutine absolutely rocks. I'm used to a thinner variant of fries... but good.

Not completely sold on the vibe the newly opened area is putting out. Definitely has some winners but a little too "outlet mall" feel for me. Especially when you come out the new WOD entrance and past the "Under Armour" store. Half of the stores aren't open yet and I'm sure it will grow on me eventually.

What an impressive area - walking past STK, Florida Shine which is still under construction, on to Morimotos, and then face to face with Raglan - where you can make a right and go over the bridge to D-Lux Burger, or hang a left to go towards Hangar Bar, The BoatHouse, Paradiso and the Edison (still also under construction).

People are seriously abusing the "Resort Monorail" track at TTC and MK. To the point that while I was resort hopping, it took three monorails just to get from the Poly to the Contemp, so I could catch my boat back to WL. You would see nearly half the monorail get off at TTC and a new large group get on. You would see it again at the MK stop.

Texting while walking should be subject to a fine.

If you are pushing a stroller and cut somebody off to the point you run over their foot, please say excuse me (at the very least)....don't look at the person as if he purposely placed his foot under the wheel of your stroller.

I'm starting to enjoy the food options at Flower and Garden almost as much as Food and Wine. ...And F&G has noticeably less publicly intoxicated guests.

Getting an additional FP from the app is a big improvement.

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
Nice, solid review. To the point. Fairly unbiased. And spot on regarding strollers and texting while walking.

Killnme

If you are pushing a stroller and cut somebody off to the point you run over their foot, please say excuse me (at the very least)....don't look at the person as if he purposely placed his foot under the wheel of your stroller.

WITH THINKING LIKE THIS I WOULD VOTE YOU PRESIDENT IN A HEART BEAT!

JIMINYCR

Only guests who provide their own guide person allowed
th

OR Disney can do like China is doing...
Designate separate lanes for those walking while texting.
texting-and-walking-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom